What's new

Beta ASUSWRT 386 RC3-3 public beta for IPv6 DDNS and IPv6 VPN server

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Hi All,

I am new here, planning to purchase GT-AX6000 and asking myself if its supported for this FW or any other for Wireguard? It is not on the list of supported devices in the first post but you are talking about this model in this post, so I'm little confused.

If someone would care to answer it would be appreciated.

TY

Last edited:
Dont make mistakes like I did. Asus doesnt release patches and updates on timely manner. Wireguard functionality is on beta only and new releases abandoned (for device I had). Selling of asus and migration to openwrt and supported hardware for AX atm is the best decision for this year. What the point of these 4c 1.5Ghz hardware if stable software is not being released with functionality end users are demanding for ??

Asus router firmware 388 should drop soon for most devices as per iOS app update notes. What new features are expected?

Hi All,

I am new here, planning to purchase GT-AX6000 and asking myself if its supported for this FW or any other for Wireguard? It is not on the list of supported devices in the first post but you are talking about this model in this post, so I'm little confused.

If someone would care to answer it would be appreciated.

TY
Wireguard support will be in the 388 code base firmware. Maybe released early fall.

So is everyone still using RC3? I tried that supposed update that came out a few months ago and it was worse than the original ET8 firmware! At least RC3 can run for a week with only a couple users, or a few days with a 2 minute reboot when 4-5 people have been streaming and gaming. With the "official" release I couldn't even get IOT devices to all stay connected.

So is everyone still using RC3? I tried that supposed update that came out a few months ago and it was worse than the original ET8 firmware! At least RC3 can run for a week with only a couple users, or a few days with a 2 minute reboot when 4-5 people have been streaming and gaming. With the "official" release I couldn't even get IOT devices to all stay connected.
Stable firmware is 6-8 months ahead of last RC3 beta. Use latest official stable firmware now.

Dont make mistakes like I did. Asus doesnt release patches and updates on timely manner. Wireguard functionality is on beta only and new releases abandoned (for device I had). Selling of asus and migration to openwrt and supported hardware for AX atm is the best decision for this year. What the point of these 4c 1.5Ghz hardware if stable software is not being released with functionality end users are demanding for ??
I don't get it: I just checked openwrt page and they have their latest firmware for asus older models like the ac, but not for the ax ones. Why would openwrt support asus older models with more features than asuswrt?

They just generate builds for compatible hardware. Newer AX hardware is not compatible, closed source components.
And OpenWRT offers more features because they don't target the same audience as Asuswrt. They don't need to train support staff to answer questions on how to setup RIP and BGP either. Asus implements the features that will sell routers to the average consumer, OpenWRT implements the features hat their contributors decide to implement just for the fun of doing it.

Yes, I would also like to know. This 388 based firmware needs to finalized. They must have 1 person working 2 hours a week on it.

Asus just released a Beta 388 firmware for the AX88U probably wont be long now before other models see the same.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!