What's new

Asuswrt-Merlin 3.0.0.4.264.22 is out

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

+1 on the stability going on 15 days since my unit has been rebooted. The only thing in my logs are these messages. But I am not sure what is causing them.

I am using it in AP mode:

Dec 28 07:29:25 kernel: eth1: received packet with own address as source address
Dec 28 10:24:35 kernel: eth1: received packet with own address as source address
Dec 28 14:01:26 kernel: eth1: received packet with own address as source address

Dnns

Hi,

First of all, thank you very much for the nice work and the effort. Is there any chance to add a custom DDNS server? I am using a local Finnish DDNS server "www.dy.fi". At the moment one has to choose from the drop-downlist. It would be very convenient to have either additional field for the ddns server name and maybe additional parameter field so the user could enter whatever necessary for his/her DDNS provider.

I use for example the following when using DD-WRT, now in the present form I cannot update using the asus software. Is it doable?

http://www.dy.fi/nic/update?hostname=MYHOSTNAME

Hi,

First of all, thank you very much for the nice work and the effort. Is there any chance to add a custom DDNS server? I am using a local Finnish DDNS server "www.dy.fi". At the moment one has to choose from the drop-downlist. It would be very convenient to have either additional field for the ddns server name and maybe additional parameter field so the user could enter whatever necessary for his/her DDNS provider.

I use for example the following when using DD-WRT, now in the present form I cannot update using the asus software. Is it doable?

http://www.dy.fi/nic/update?hostname=MYHOSTNAME

Not currently planned, sorry. You could install a different DDNS updater through Optware or Entware, and see if it supports your service provider.

Hello RMerlin, Congrats on the great write up on smallnetbuilder!
I'm thinking of going with your build again, but is there any way to limit a client's bandwidth speed on your build? I know there are qos settings but would like to be able to cut a couple static clients down to 1mb if needed,
Thanks !

Support for Russia's Beeline Corbina ISP has been fixed
That one wasn't easy to track down (since I can hardly test an actual connection with them). But it's finally fixed - the issue was introduced when another bug related to DNS and OpenVPN was fixed a few revisions ago.

If you ever need to track down such problems in future, let me know, I'll grant you access to our network. 2 Clientnetworks I have in Russia using Beeline and I won't mind granting you admin to the routers to nail down bugs.

Hello RMerlin, Congrats on the great write up on smallnetbuilder!
I'm thinking of going with your build again, but is there any way to limit a client's bandwidth speed on your build? I know there are qos settings but would like to be able to cut a couple static clients down to 1mb if needed,
Thanks !

It might be possible to manually do it using iptables, but I don't know off-hand how to do it. Pretty sure if you do some Google research on "iptables bandwith limiting" you might be able to find various howtos explaining how to do that.

how come I can't use Aicloud to visit my USB Disk which is connecting with n66u router, but I can use Aicloud to vist my other computers , when I tried to connect USB disk ,it lets me logon in ,but none of my password is correct. weird, it's not the Merlin version problem ,I tried orignal firmware ,it's the same problem.

From my computer to connect the router' usb disk is fine, maybe AiCloud for IOS devices have some bugs?

Also possible that the client has trouble with your password if it contains some non alphanumerical characters.

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!