What's new

Asuswrt-Merlin 3.0.0.4.354.29 Beta 1

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Unable to connect to 2.4 GH Wifi

Hi Merlin

Just to let you know for the last 4 release (26, 27, 28, 29), I'm unable to connect to the 2.4Ghz network on my HP Probook 4430s.

Just discovered that the only way I could connect to the network is setting the wireless mode to "AUTO". Previously it was set to "N Only"

I'm not sure if this is something that started with 354.29 or existed in prior releases but I noticed that when DMZ is enabled on my RT-AC66U, I'm unable to connect to VPN (PPTP). When I disable DMZ, I'm able to connect to VPN again.

I'm not sure if this is something that started with 354.29 or existed in prior releases but I noticed that when DMZ is enabled on my RT-AC66U, I'm unable to connect to VPN (PPTP). When I disable DMZ, I'm able to connect to VPN again.

When you enable DMZ, you essentially tell your router to forward all traffic to the specified IP. This is probably what's bypassing the VPN server hosted on the router.

In my personal opinion, DMZ should only be used for troubleshooting purposes. Pretty much anything that works with a DMZ can be better accomplished through port forwarding.

Hi Merlin

Just to let you know for the last 4 release (26, 27, 28, 29), I'm unable to connect to the 2.4Ghz network on my HP Probook 4430s.

Just discovered that the only way I could connect to the network is setting the wireless mode to "AUTO". Previously it was set to "N Only"

Since the driver used in 26 is completely different from what used in 27-29, I would start my checking your notebook interface settings. Also make sure you aren't trying to enforce encryption settings that aren't supported in an N network - N requires WPA2-AES.

Since the driver used in 26 is completely different from what used in 27-29, I would start my checking your notebook interface settings. Also make sure you aren't trying to enforce encryption settings that aren't supported in an N network - N requires WPA2-AES.

I've checked. In fact, after setting it to AUTO, my Notebook is still connecting to the wifi at N network

The value is obtained from the wireless driver, so it should be accurate unless there's a bug in the wireless driver itself.

Is there somewhere in /proc which is feeding this? It still seems like channel center rather than the +1 frequency. Maybe a driver bug indeed.

Is there somewhere in /proc which is feeding this? It still seems like channel center rather than the +1 frequency. Maybe a driver bug indeed.

No. You have to communicate directly with the wireless driver through ioctl().

Using the TOP command on my AC66U (.29 dw ) I found that minidlna deamon is using from 20 to 35 % of the CPU, can I kill it or best disable it form start ??
Thanks

Using the TOP command on my AC66U (.29 dw ) I found that minidlna deamon is using from 20 to 35 % of the CPU, can I kill it or best disable it form start ??
Hi,

If you do not need DLNA support (like me) you should disable it. :rolleyes:
If you need DLNA support you have to live with the CPU usage. :eek:

With kind regards
Joe :cool:

Hi,

If you do not need DLNA support (like me) you should disable it. :rolleyes:
If you need DLNA support you have to live with the CPU usage. :eek:

With kind regards
Joe :cool:

Thanks, how did you disabled it ?
:)
----- EDIT -----
Found it on the web interface , thanks

Last edited:
With this new version I'm not longer able to ping my device by name, all seem to be ok except this. :(
Any idea or suggestion ?
Thanks

With this new version I'm not longer able to ping my device by name, all seem to be ok except this. :(
Any idea or suggestion ?
Thanks

Check your DNS configuration. Sounds like a name resolution issue.

Thanks RMerlin,
my DNS is set correctly ( I don't changed it , is the Asus as it was before) and on the AC66U I can see all name of the clients in the clients list, in my Mac I see the dns and wins set to the router address so all is suppose to work :(
Did I need to reset the router ??
Thanks.
;)

IP addresses only in Traffic Monitor

Small issue:

* upgrade to 29 beta 1
* factory reset
* re-enter all settings by hand
* restore static dhcp list from text file, nvram commit, reboot
* should not be needed, but recreated both traffic monitor stat files, reboot
* static dhcp list is filled in: OK (see picture)
* host names (from static dhcp list) show up on Network Map/Client status: OK (but one host shows up as IP, not by name)
* pinging to host names (from static dhcp list) works: OK
* "DHCP leases" tab shows host names: OK
* "Wireless Log" tab shows host names: OK
* "General Log" tab shows host names: OK

Small issue: Traffic Monitor/Per IP shows no host names, only IP addresses (see picture). An earlier FW (.24) was OK

and wondering: why are some IP addresses between "()" and others not?

Otherwise (and besides the 5GHz issue) this beta functions perfectly for me.

Attachments

• Knipsel.jpg
    Knipsel.jpg
    51.6 KB · Views: 497
Last edited:
Small issue:

* upgrade to 29 beta 1
* factory reset
* re-enter all settings by hand
* restore static dhcp list from text file, nvram commit, reboot
* should not be needed, but recreated both traffic monitor stat files, reboot
* static dhcp list is filled in: OK (see picture)
* host names (from static dhcp list) show up on Network Map/Client status: OK (but one host shows up as IP, not by name)
* pinging to host names (from static dhcp list) works: OK
* "DHCP leases" tab shows host names: OK
* "Wireless Log" tab shows host names: OK
* "General Log" tab shows host names: OK

Small issue: Traffic Monitor/Per IP shows no host names, only IP addresses (see picture). An earlier FW (.24) was OK

and wondering: why are some IP addresses between "()" and others not?

Otherwise (and besides the 5GHz issue) this beta functions perfectly for me.

If you had devices on your LAN with existing DHCP leases, it can take a while before they obtain new leases, allowing the router to update its internal database and properly resolve their names. Give it 24 hours, and check again.

IPs will show between () if there is a hostname associated to the device. Note that some device do not have a valid hostname (for example another router), so these might have an empty hostname ("").

If you had devices on your LAN with existing DHCP leases, it can take a while before they obtain new leases, allowing the router to update its internal database and properly resolve their names. Give it 24 hours, and check again.

IPs will show between () if there is a hostname associated to the device. Note that some device do not have a valid hostname (for example another router), so these might have an empty hostname ("").
Well, i saw a lot of new leases appear in the log, but still not in traffic monitor. Waited a day just in case, but no dice ;-( As i said, a small issue. Strange nonetheless, host names everywhere except in per IP traffic info. Go figure.

Well, i saw a lot of new leases appear in the log, but still not in traffic monitor. Waited a day just in case, but no dice ;-( As i said, a small issue. Strange nonetheless, host names everywhere except in per IP traffic info. Go figure.

Did you click on the Advanced settings option on the IP traffic info, and enabled "Display hostnames'?

DNS issue with .29 Beta 1 (n66u)

Hi All,

I know, it's late but I'm assuming there is a DNS issue with the latest firmware .29 Beta 1.
I upgraded from .27 and now I can not connect to the internet (wired or wireless). But I can ping sites through the router using the tools but not via a computer.
Also, windows network connection is indicating that there isn't a internet connection with an exclamation mark (of course...)!

What can be done to fix this, thanks...
It's late and I can't think at the moment (Brain fart!). Sorry for the incompetence!!! :confused:

Almost forgot, I did try to revert back to original firmware (.27 beta) but still nothing!

Cheers,

X

Last edited:
Hi All,

I know, it's late but I'm assuming there is a DNS issue with the latest firmware .29 Beta 1.
I upgraded from .27 and now I can not connect to the internet (wired or wireless). But I can ping sites through the router using the tools but not via a computer.
Also, windows network connection is indicating that there isn't a internet connection with an exclamation mark (of course...)!

What can be done to fix this, thanks...
It's late and I can't think at the moment (Brain fart!). Sorry for the incompetence!!! :confused:

Almost forgot, I did try to revert back to original firmware (.27 beta) but still nothing!

Cheers,

X

Sounds to me like somehow, your computers ended up on a different subnet from your router. What are their respective IPs? As a sanity check, I would try manually setting one of those computers with a static IP on the proper subnet and make sure you can get out. Also, if you are in a crowded WIFI space, make sure your machine has picked out the right router.

fwiw, I am running 29-Beta1 with DHCP, static IP, and openVPN/bridged-DHCP (with Android, iOS, OSX, Win8, Linux, VBox/Linux on the intranet) and I can't find anything broken so far.

I also upgraded from RT-N66U_3.0.0.4_270.26b.trx, but I made sure that I did a factory reset first:

Administration/Restore/Save/Upload Setting/Factory default/Restore​

before I flashed to:

RT-N66U_3.0.0.4_354.29-BETA1.trx​

Last edited:

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!