What's new

Asuswrt-Merlin 3.0.0.4.354.29 Beta 1

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

I know this probably makes no sense as its the same driver. But coming from .28beta which has worked flawlessly for all my devices, I had freezing on the 5ghz band when trying to watch video with my pch-a200 with a netgear WNHDE111. I flashed the firmware the same way i always do, with the firmware restoration tool, then restored factory defaults.

new builds ? something must be wrong on asus page

http://support.asus.com/download.as...T-N66U+(VER.B1)&os=&hashedid=PZkFHlMrGWzVROxT

ASUS RT-N66U B1 Firmware Version 3.0.0.4.272
Fixed
1. Parental control time shift issue in GMT-8 time zone
2. Quick internet setting wizard connection issue in iOS platform
3. Quick internet setting wizard login issue when multiple device connect to router at the same time
4. Network place hyperlink issue on IE8 and IE9
5. Live update related bug.

Add
1. Android phone USB Tethering suport. (For more information, please refer to http://support.asus.com/search.aspx?SLanguage=zh-tw&keyword=3G tethering )

ASUS RT-N66U B1 Firmware Version 3.0.0.4.370
Please note: If you had used the download master windows association tool, please download and install again to pair with latest download master (3.1.0.78)

Fixed:
1. Parental control can now accept special symbol, such as " ' ".
2. 3G/LTE dongle plug into USB port can work without rebooting.
3. Fixed DMZ related issue.
4. Fixed Japan stand time zone issue.
5. Fixed samba/ftp abnormal when length of folder name is too long.
6. Fixed samba/ftp cannot modify account issue.

Added:
1. Added IPv6 DHCP-PD option
2. Added Hungarian and Romanian language

Romanian language :D

Merlin do you know something about this?

Attachments

• new.jpg
    new.jpg
    61.1 KB · Views: 382
Last edited:
IMHO it's a typo ... I think it should be "ASUS RT-N66U B1 Firmware Version 3.0.0.4.372"

Ciao

Well, at least this firmware has a kernel build from 24th of July, so it's a new version, but the broadcom driver seems to have been downgraded (5.100.138.20) compared to 3.0.0.4.370 (5.110.27.20012)

I know this probably makes no sense as its the same driver. But coming from .28beta which has worked flawlessly for all my devices, I had freezing on the 5ghz band when trying to watch video with my pch-a200 with a netgear WNHDE111. I flashed the firmware the same way i always do, with the firmware restoration tool, then restored factory defaults.
I had a similar issue. 28b worked without issues on 5ghz. When I loaded 29b had issues connecting to the 5ghz. Yes I had done a reset and reconfigure after the 29b update. Went back to 28b and things work again. In my case it is a USB Asus adapter with Ralink chip not Intel.
--bill

IMHO it's a typo ... I think it should be "ASUS RT-N66U B1 Firmware Version 3.0.0.4.372"

Ciao

This firmware is definitely not of the 3.0.0.4.3xx branch - it doesn't have many of the features that were added in 354/370, such as the Network Tools page. My guess is, this is really an update they did on top of 270 since the 3xx branch is currently having issues related to its use of the Broadcom 5.110 SDK (i.e. the new drivers).

now on asus suport is Version 3.0.0.4.271 !?! wtf ?!? asus tech ppl should stop drinking during week working days :))

now on asus suport is Version 3.0.0.4.271 !?! wtf ?!? asus tech ppl should stop drinking during week working days :))

I sec that wtf!!!

Last time i check the number is suppose to be going up not down:rolleyes:

Is it a typo or a mistaken upload?

Not to mention there is only two firmwares now!!

This firmware is definitely not of the 3.0.0.4.3xx branch - it doesn't have many of the features that were added in 354/370, such as the Network Tools page. My guess is, this is really an update they did on top of 270 since the 3xx branch is currently having issues related to its use of the Broadcom 5.110 SDK (i.e. the new drivers).

Now I'm wondering if they'll be using two branches for their firmware, continue along the 2xx branch as well as the 3xx branch. At least until/if they get a fixed wireless driver from Broadcom. I suppose that they might even put new features into the 2xx branch as well as 3xx, if it takes long enough to get a fixed driver.

MERLIN

I noticed your thread regarding Intel cards and the new wireless driver. If you're trying to tinker with it, just to let you know, it's not just Intel cards.

I have a Killer Wireless N1202 NIC (an Atheros chip) and it ranges from unstable to unusable as well. Some of the drivers (which used to work with .270) don't work at all. Others have disconnect issues and sometimes won't connect to the 5GHz frequency at all. The issue of 20MHz Vs. 40MHz also complicates the matter, as some will only connect to 20MHz and some won't connect period.

Last edited:
Sad a $200 router and no stable firmware since launch. Love the RT-N66U but the firmware has been broken since launch. They might be taking all their time on the RT-AC56U.

I have to say I've never had problems with mine. Of course I don't do anything fancy with it. My iPad 2 and my laptop with a dual band Broadcom card have never had problems connecting to the 5ghz band. If anything they work better on that band than on the 2.4 band.

Never had any significant problems with mine. Using Merlin's FW since it was out of the box.

Yes, for me core functionality has been fine all along until the new Broadcom wireless driver arrived *smile*, and there is alternative older firmware in the .270 family that works really well for me. But then, I only use the router and wireless functionality, no USB disks, AiCloud, etc.

If I had an xbox or whatever I might feel differently, but this router is the best functionally that I've ever had, and the firmware from RMerlin has worked really well. Asus firmware has been fine as well for my use.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!