What's new

Asuswrt-Merlin 3.0.0.4.372.30_2

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Can anyone tell me a trick for nat loopback on this firmware but dual wan or why cant be done?
Best regards.

OpenVPN port 445

Excellent!

Would you mind at some point making a post on how you got it configured both on the router and (especially) the Android phone, for others who might be interested?

No problem, I will make a new thread showing this. And really this configuration was just so I could test better from one location since I dont have two internet connections, I used the cell phone internet and hardline internet. Next is to put my RT-AC56U at a family members location so I can setup a client router here until the router is sound and reliable so I can swap them back out. I plan to end up with 2 or 3 client routers making a large family network. Once complete then I will try to accomplish DLNA capability across it too. Allowing anyone on WiFi to take a photo and send it to anothers TV or phone and easy streaming of video to devices. My goals may be to high for this point in time but I am learning and I agree that this router's processing power should suit it well for this type of task.

I am currently still working on one last issue and that is port 445 looks to be blocked through the open VPN (this is why i felt I could not access PC's on the network). The original test on the RT-AC66U was to open a shared folder on my local server through my android phone over OpenVPN and it worked flawlessly. I no longer have access to that port since setting up this RT-AC56U.

I do a port scan on my server's local ip from my android over WiFi and I have access to port 445 but once I scan again through OpenVPN then that port is not open. I have even tried changing the OpenVPN ip's to 192.168.2.0 The samba client software on the android had updated since I had it working originally but I think i have ruled that out since the port is not even open.

I still keep leaning towards the router change as being the only major change since I had it working but not sure what would be different other than some default settings that are different between the two models?

Any idea's?

I can access port 445 of the router ip over openVPN from the android client and even copy files from the shared USB drive on it so I can rule out the android client. I have also disabled the firewall on two different PC's which did open up a few other ports to the client but still not port 445...

Asus fixed the 5GHz 40MHZ issue with the N66U

I have not updated it, because I use Merlins firmware, but this is good new for us that have the N66U
ASUS RT-N66U Firmware Version 3.0.0.4.372.1393
Updated Broadcom driver and fixed Intel 4965 / 6300 5GHz 40MHz connection issue

Does 5Ghz work?

I am running 3.0.0.4.372.30_2 and have no evidence anywhere of 5Ghz actually working.. this is very frustrating!

Tried setting it to 20, 20/40, and 40. Tried changing channels.

2.4ghz works reliably, 5ghz is missing entirely.. no signal anywhere.

I have 2 SSID's set up ("xx2" and "xx5") with the number on the end signifying 2.4 or 5ghz.

Only the xx2 SSID is visible. It works perfectly, no problems at all.

I do know that both my laptop and smart TV are capable of 5ghz for sure. Neither one sees the xx5 SSID

Is there anything I need to do other than assign an SSID to 5ghz and enable it?

More info..

By the way, should point out that the stock firmware out of the box, and the 2 updates (Asus factory firmware) also didn't make 5Ghz work. I then moved on to Merlin and it's still not working.

So doesn't seem to be a firmware issue, unless I managed to pick 4 firmware versions that all have 5Ghz issues. I know there were a few that did, but I'm pretty sure this version of Merlin I'm running is known to be good with 5Ghz.

I am running 3.0.0.4.372.30_2 and have no evidence anywhere of 5Ghz actually working.. this is very frustrating!
Maybe your router is broken? There's nothing special you need to do to enable 5Ghz. Have you tried clearing the NVRAM?

By the way, should point out that the stock firmware out of the box, and the 2 updates (Asus factory firmware) also didn't make 5Ghz work. I then moved on to Merlin and it's still not working.

So doesn't seem to be a firmware issue, unless I managed to pick 4 firmware versions that all have 5Ghz issues. I know there were a few that did, but I'm pretty sure this version of Merlin I'm running is known to be good with 5Ghz.

What country are you in? Are you sure your router is broadcasting on a channel that your clients can pick up?
What are your clients. 5 ghz works for me on my laptop and iPad 2 on Merlin's 372.30.2.

Got to believe the router may be bad since has never worked. Time for a return I would say. Have used many verisions on Merlin's firmware and all have worked on 5Gz. Some better then others due to driver issue but in all cases 5gz was available and could connect.
--bill

Dual wan 1 pptp other ISP local

How can I tell the router that some ip have to go through the pptp wan and other have to go through the local wan? There must be a way to route this but I don't know how to do this can anyone help please.

Is the Master Browser Feature working correctly for everyone else on the RT-N66? Try running a nbtstat -a against the name of the router if you have that setting enabled with this firmware. Here is what the result should look like, this is from the 354.28:
mb.png

Maybe your router is broken? There's nothing special you need to do to enable 5Ghz. Have you tried clearing the NVRAM?

I had the same problem. My router was broken. Furtunately it was within warranty and Amazon replaced it promptly.

I believe this is the update we've all been waiting for no?

Updated Broadcom driver and fixed Intel 4965 / 6300 5GHz 40MHz connection issue.

I believe this is the update we've all been waiting for no?

Updated Broadcom driver and fixed Intel 4965 / 6300 5GHz 40MHz connection issue.

Still broken, and Asus should just remove the release.

:D
A few minutes ago my RT-AC66U told me:
There is a new firmware version available. Do you want to upgrade the firmware?

Your current firmware version is 3.0.0.4_372_0-g

Latest firmware version is 3.0.0.4_372_1300-gd292488
:D It was so sweet of that poor piece of silicon-metal-plastic.:D

Wait a minute... Oh, sh... They have really updated their firmware. I can only hope they didn't change too much.

Last edited:
:D
A few minutes ago my RT-AC66U told me:

:D It was so sweet of that poor piece of silicon-metal-plastic.:D

Wait a minute... Oh, sh... They have really updated their firmware. I can only hope they didn't change too much.
Looks like they did put a newer version, they even put another GPL but smaller in size.:D

Attachments

• gpl.jpg
    gpl.jpg
    29.7 KB · Views: 560
They actually changed nothing. Just added missing binary blobs and removed unneeded arm source tree.

3.0.0.4_372_1300

Which one is the version with added missing binary blobs and removed unneeded arm source tree?

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!