What's new

Asuswrt-Merlin 3.0.0.4.374.35 is out

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

So it is not advisable to have OpenVPN client and PPTP server enabled at the same time as it might cause routing issues? I have noticed PPTP server being enabled by default in the newest fw. Since I am using Astrill applet for VPN, something is causing devices to stop routing via VPN after certain period, so they lose internet access completely until reboot or Astrill reconnection, however devices that were excluded from VPN have no issues whatsoever. This has not happened before.

Client list limited?

Is it possible the client list is limited to 15 now? I know for sure other devices are connected, but they are not listed beyond 15 and the client count is also 15. Almost like it is limited to one byte count and can't go 16 or over now? I would swear this worked back on .34 (I am on .35_4 now).

Is it possible the client list is limited to 15 now? I know for sure other devices are connected, but they are not listed beyond 15 and the client count is also 15. Almost like it is limited to one byte count and can't go 16 or over now? I would swear this worked back on .34 (I am on .35_4 now).

No, there shouldn't be any limit. If there are too many clients, the list will add arrows to navigate through the list.

There certainly hasn't been a single change related to Networkmap between 35_2 and 35_4 - every single change (except for a Dual WAN firewall one) were in the OpenVPN code.

DDNS address

Hi,

In the DDNS page of RT-N66U, there is a ready made drop-down list for certain providers. Could it be possible to have an optional input field for the user's own preferred service provider?

i.e I am using a Finnish provider called "dy.fi". It is free, very reliable and trusted, yet pity to be forced to use only one of the 10 services provided here. If this is not possible, could it be listed in the drop down list?

http://dy.fi

with many thanks.
AT

Hi,

In the DDNS page of RT-N66U, there is a ready made drop-down list for certain providers. Could it be possible to have an optional input field for the user's own preferred service provider?

i.e I am using a Finnish provider called "dy.fi". It is free, very reliable and trusted, yet pity to be forced to use only one of the 10 services provided here. If this is not possible, could it be listed in the drop down list?

http://dy.fi

Use DNS-o-Matic. This is a special service that lets you update multiple DDNS services through them, including a lot of services not directly supported by the router.

Use DNS-o-Matic. This is a special service that lets you update multiple DDNS services through them, including a lot of services not directly supported by the router.
They don't have dy.fi listed either. :(
Could it be difficult to add an additional input text field to the DDNS update page?
That would help a lot of people using the router in Finland.

wr.
AT

They don't have dy.fi listed either. :(
Could it be difficult to add an additional input text field to the DDNS update page?
That would help a lot of people using the router in Finland.

Supporting custom DDNS isn't as simple as adding a field. ez-ipupdate would still need to know what to do with that data.

Adding further DDNS support is not a priority at this time, sorry.

Amazing work Rmerlin, any eta on the 35_5 based on official 374_371?

There won't be a FW based on 374_371. Aside from the fact that Asus is already up to 374_433 internally, there is no source code available for 374_371.

Amazing work Rmerlin, any eta on the 35_5 based on official 374_371?
Merlin has repeatedly posted that he is very busy right now and that the next version will be weeks away. He actually does have a real job that provides him the means with which to live. That job also make demands upon him like spending time working. Seeing as it is also the holiday season I would imagine that he is even busier than usual. I bet he is tiring of constantly being asked when the next version of his software will be released. If you want the features of 374.371 now then I suggest that you should migrate to it. Not trying to be anything other than informative.

Merlin has repeatedly posted that he is very busy right now and that the next version will be weeks away. He actually does have a real job that provides him the means with which to live. That job also make demands upon him like spending time working. Seeing as it is also the holiday season I would imagine that he is even busier than usual. I bet he is tiring of constantly being asked when the next version of his software will be released. If you want the features of 374.371 now then I suggest that you should migrate to it. Not trying to be anything other than informative.

Right on!!!
Merlin does have a life other then his firmware. Just enjoy what he has provided. If there is something new you want to try then use the official firmware.
--bill

I'm currently on 3.0.0.4.374.32

do i need to reset settings if i upgrade to this version?

i generally don't use any of the advanced features. I'm primarily interested in the updates for security, stability, and wireless performance. it's never been clear to me if upgrading all the time accomplishes these goals. I guess i'm just looking for some guidance to tell me either to keep upgrading, only download certain versions, don't bother, go official only, etc.

Hi Merlin,

I've seen this message before when enabling ipv6 6in4 tunnel.
But the message also comes up when using openvpn and a connection is established.

Dec 8 01:49:44 kernel: pch ==NULL.

It doesn't effect anything from what i can see atm then filling up the system log.

Running on a AC68U latest _4 build.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

I am unable to log in to the router. Everything was fine on the new RT-AC56U_3.0.0.4_374.35_4 until today, where my router simply won't let me login via neither telnet or browser. Anyone know what's wrong? I have never had this issue on RT-AC56U_3.0.0.4_374.33_0.zip

I tried rebooting the router manually and it didn't help either.

Any solution?

Last edited:
I'm currently on 3.0.0.4.374.32

do i need to reset settings if i upgrade to this version?

i generally don't use any of the advanced features. I'm primarily interested in the updates for security, stability, and wireless performance. it's never been clear to me if upgrading all the time accomplishes these goals. I guess i'm just looking for some guidance to tell me either to keep upgrading, only download certain versions, don't bother, go official only, etc.

Probably not - it's impossible to tell for sure since you don't mention which router model you have.

Hi Merlin,

I've seen this message before when enabling ipv6 6in4 tunnel.
But the message also comes up when using openvpn and a connection is established.

Dec 8 01:49:44 kernel: pch ==NULL.

It doesn't effect anything from what i can see atm then filling up the system log.

Running on a AC68U latest _4 build.

I've seen that a few times on the ARM routers in relation to IPv6, but I have no idea what it means or where it's coming from since the message is totally unhelpful unfortunately.

I am unable to log in to the router. Everything was fine on the new RT-AC56U_3.0.0.4_374.35_4 until today, where my router simply won't let me login via neither telnet or browser. Anyone know what's wrong? I have never had this issue on RT-AC56U_3.0.0.4_374.33_0.zip

I tried rebooting the router manually and it didn't help either.

Any solution?

Test with the simplest configuration possible to limit the number of potential causes: boot with no USB disks and no WAN cable plugged.

Telnet/ssh login is completely separate from httpd, so assuming you did enable telnet or SSH, my best guess would be something is causing the router to crash during boot, disrupt its firewall rules, or messing up with its routing tables (an incorrectly configured OpenVPN instance for example).

I've seen that a few times on the ARM routers in relation to IPv6, but I have no idea what it means or where it's coming from since the message is totally unhelpful unfortunately.

Been trying to find what pch means but something todo with precompiled headers for the kernel.

I'll have to try and see if this message also appears when running the official version from Asus. I pretty much took your firmware after using the official for a couple of hours :)

What is the MTU size that is being set when jumbo frames are enabled? An older post mentioned 4000 but I am not sure if that is still the case.

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!