What's new

Asuswrt-Merlin 3.0.0.4.374.35 is out

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Does the sdk5 build for RT-N66U have higher throughput than the sdk6 one?

problems with QOS

ugh, this firmware has created some problems for me, before i used qos on upload at 3.9 when i have 5mbps and set my download to either 1000, or 98, both of which have worked, and i have 100 down, with qos on or off i have always gotten the same download speed with these settings, 95-97 down. afer upgrading to this firmware i noticed i was only getting 75-90 down. turned qos off, fixed it. back on same thing, tried 100, 98, and 1000, all no luck. go back to 374_2 and same problem was brought back with it. really, really anoying. im thinking of doing a full factory reset of the router and going back to 374_2.

here are some speedtests.

374.34_2 with QOS ENABLED BEFORE I EVER USER 375_2.
http://www.speedtest.net/my-result/3108880833

374.35_2 and 374.34_2 after using 374.35_2 have the same result with QOS enabled.

best http://www.speedtest.net/my-result/3124072374

worst http://www.speedtest.net/my-result/3124049147

and 375_2 and 374_2 after using 375_2 with QOS disabled have the same result.

http://www.speedtest.net/my-result/3124077755

which proves the 95-97 is still there.... and even tho my speeds are being limited, im still getting bufferbloat passed about 50mb on the downstream... being limited at 75-90 makes 0 difference for bufferbloat. i wonder if a stronger router with better qos could keep ping down under load like that, but it would probably all come down to the cable modem.

edit. back to asus last firmware and then back to 374_0 fixed it, tried going back to asus and back to 374_2 and it had the same problem, plz fix this merlin

actually i played around with this for a while and even switching back to the asus firmware wasnt fixing it, but i went back to merlins 374.32 and then to 374.34_0 and it stayed working, getting full speed with qos now. lets hope this problem can be identified and fixed

Last edited:
Hi Merlin,

I've installed this on my AC68U on top of 374.371 Asus firmware.
So far everything stable but i get this message in the systemlog.

Nov 25 15:29:09 kernel: pch ==NULL.

It doesn't seem to make the router unstable or slow but just not sure what it is... :confused:

Do you know what this is ?

Hi Merlin,

I've installed this on my AC68U on top of 374.371 Asus firmware.
So far everything stable but i get this message in the systemlog.

Nov 25 15:29:09 kernel: pch ==NULL.

It doesn't seem to make the router unstable or slow but just not sure what it is... :confused:

Do you know what this is ?

No idea. I last saw this message with the first firmwares Asus had released for the RT-AC68U, then it disappeared. Some people mentionned they saw it again recently.

RMerlin, will you release a 35_2 build for N16?
Or it doesn't have the issue which is fixed in 35_2?

No idea. I last saw this message with the first firmwares Asus had released for the RT-AC68U, then it disappeared. Some people mentionned they saw it again recently.

It seems to happen when i enable ipv6.

I use the 6in4 tunnel

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Last edited:
RMerlin, will you release a 35_2 build for N16?
Or it doesn't have the issue which is fixed in 35_2?

There's no OpenVPN on the RT-N16.

Are you using Turbo Mode along with the DDR bootloader update, or are you manually setting the memory clock to 666 MHz?

I did not use the new bootloader. Haven't done the setup. I used the nvram setting (manual).

Even though nvram shows 800,666 my bogomips reflect the 1Ghz speed.

I did not use the new bootloader. Haven't done the setup. I used the nvram setting (manual).

Even though nvram shows 800,666 my bogomips reflect the 1Ghz speed.

That's normal. The Turbo button method sets the clock at boot time, overriding the clkfreq setting. That's why this method is 100% safe, since you just have to boot the device without the Turbo button pressed to revert to the default clock.

Will I be able to update to this firmware without having to reconfigure my OpenVPN server settings? If not, if the keys page has gone away from the UI, where/how do I put in the keys? Thanks for any guidance.
--
bc

Will I be able to update to this firmware without having to reconfigure my OpenVPN server settings? If not, if the keys page has gone away from the UI, where/how do I put in the keys? Thanks for any guidance.
--
bc

The answer to that is in the first post of this thread.

One big change is the OpenVPN Keys page is now gone, being integrated directly into the Server/Client config page as a clickable link (same as Asus).

I can't believe that there is no time machine support for ac66u. i know about the licensing fee and everything but i still think Asus should have covered it. i feel like a fool for buying it. its just like Apple treating owners of old iPhone models. the only difference is that ac66u is not old.

I can't believe that there is no time machine support for ac66u. i know about the licensing fee and everything but i still think Asus should have covered it. i feel like a fool for buying it. its just like Apple treating owners of old iPhone models. the only difference is that ac66u is not old.

18 months in technology these days is a long time. Heck, if you look across Asus's other flagship products, most are released and followed by a successor within 8-12 months. (take the TF201)...

i have updated my post about qos problems on page 3 to make more sense... last night i was a little tired i got some numbers wrong.

also last night i left it on 374.35_2 just to see if it would stabalize, when i got up the wifi on the macbook pro used in the house was horrible, it was 79-82db and it sits in the exact same spot, switch to merlin 374.32 and back to 374.34 and the macbook in the same spot jumped up to 72db, and went from a shirty 50mb sync to 200mb. so 5ghz is definitely WORSE for me in this build

Last edited:
Using the ac66u and 35_2.
Does anybody know the max lenght of the "name" on the manual asigned IP - DHCP list?

If you think that's bad, take a look at the RT-N66U. Asus/Broadcom botched the new SDK back in March of 2013. They came out with a workaround that fixed connectivity issues and security issues (SDK 6). SDK 6 was never intended to be used on the RT-N66U. And it has significantly reduced the wireless range.

Oh sure, you can use .276 but you have to live with security issues unless you use Merlin's SDK5 experimental firmware.

The RT-N66U is still Asus' top selling router on Amazon. But all Asus does is keep putting out firmware updates for the AC68U. Do they really think RT-N66U owners are not paying attention to this? They must.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/bestsellers/electronics/300189/ref=pd_zg_hrsr_e_1_3_last

Last edited:
I can't update to 35_2, it upload the file (correct one, check double) but on system info is keep 34_2.

Try also to clear the cache but still remain 34_2.

Any hel woul dbe appreciated...

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!