What's new

Release Asuswrt-Merlin 3004.388.4 is now available

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Welcome back @HappyJuicy!

I've been updating with each alpha and beta on my personal RT-AX86U and GT-AX6000, and no issues found. Thank you RMerlin!

I've also been updating many RT-AX68Us, RT-AX88Us, and other older routers (to their respective latest firmware) without any issues too.

After a much-needed break that RMerlin so rightly deserves, the next stop will be 3.0.0.6.xxx level firmware for our supported routers. Cheers! :)

All routers upgraded "smoother then silk" from Beta3. As promised for the AXE11000 (only), the Wireless drivers updated too. i.e.

1692671086265.png

RT-AX3000; dirty flash from Beta 2 to release. Reboot after 30 minutes and smooth sailing once again. Nice way to cap off my birthday today.
Thanks @RMerlin

Perfect timing, received RT-AX88U Pro today! :p

Was curious what the end of filename mean? RT-AX88U_PRO_3004_388.4_0_nand_squashfs?
NAND is the type of flash used by the router, and squashfs is the type of compression used for the firmware image.

Normal?

1692665605114.png

Did a reboot and yes I have done CTRL-F5 to clear browser cache and reload page.
Shift-reload. This indicates that there are invalid CSS in cache.

As someone else indicated, it could also possibly be Asus broke something in the French language dictionary file, try switching to English.

After a much-needed break that RMerlin so rightly deserves, the next stop will be 3.0.0.6.xxx level firmware for our supported routers.
The next step is 386.12.

I have yet to review the 3006 code, so I don't even know yet what will be involved with it.

RT-AX3000 (RT-AX58U), dirty upgrade from 388.2.2 to 3004_388.4.0 without any problems.
Before rebooting the user interface felt snappier and the reboot was also pretty fast.
Out of curiosity, Asus hasn't released (yet) this update for my router, makes me think whether this one will be the next one on the EOL list.

Cheers
Tom

Curious if this is correct? Strange they didn't keep the same order.

1692678174850.png

Not a page that I use nor change any settings but since it was a new router I was curious to visit all tabs and noticed this.

A dirty upgrade from 388.2.2 to 3004_388.4.0 on my RT-AX86U
Fully operational, no problems, no issues, smooth as silk
Thanks again @RMerlin for all this hard work and effort 👏🏼👏🏼👏🏼

Smooth dirty update from BETA_3... Now I´ve got the "old" topic again:
Bandwidth Monitor does not work without turning on App analysis.

Worked for me in BETA_3.

Happy update-day you guys! ❤️ And thank you @RMerlin !

Curious as to what is included in GPL 388_23588, I googled 3.0.0.4.388.23588 and found nothing. Not even Asus lists it.

Last edited:
here also without problems with an rt-ax86u-pro from 388.2.2 to 3004.388.4 and in mesh an rt-ac88u and an rt-ac68u with 3004.386.11 first gave 386.11 as firmware

View attachment 52519

Not a page that I use nor change any settings but since it was a new router I was curious to visit all tabs and noticed this.
Same possible mismatch in the target band text column in the previous 388.2_2 firmware.
Smart Connect Rule.jpg

View attachment 52519

Same possible mismatch in the target band text column in the previous 388.2_2 firmware.
View attachment 52531
Same on all versions of stock and Merlin firmware. I believe it's intentional, as the bottom section is referring to the target band not the current band.

AX58U Units all updated working great!
Thanks

Since 388.3 I've had an issue that after a reboot I sometimes (not always, 50/50 chance) get the message: "Your ISP's DHCP is not functioning properly" - so I don't have any internet connectivity at all after the reboot (WAN light is red).

Now after flashing to 388.4 & getting the necessary reboot, I got the same message.

Odd thing is that it can be fixed by just turning the Internet Connection slider to Off & back to On (in GUI: Network Map -> Internet Status). A reboot isn't even needed to fixed this. Because it can be fixed with just that I don't think it's an ISP issue but maybe something in the firmware that randomly causes a faulty DHCP request?

And yes, when I was on 388.3 I did a full reset & still had the issue when doing a reboot (again, not always, it occurs randomly).

Running smooth on my RT-AX88U-PRO besides this little issue.

@RMerlin

Flashed 388.4 on my GT-AX11000_PRO and the 5G LED issue persists. On reboot the 5G LEDs are on although the 5G radios are off. I can extinguish the LEDs by turning the radios on and off, but on the next reboot they turn on once again.