What's new

Release Asuswrt-Merlin 3004.388.4 is now available

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

i just cannot fault this firmware release, working perfect in my environment, everything is responsive and fast, no drop outs and CPU running cool at 58 degrees Celsius.
btw loving my gt ax 6000, well worth upgrading over ax86u (at an on sale price)

Since the upgrade, my RT-AX86U wifi scheduler does not work anymore. Wifi remains up all the time. Any suggestion to be able to use the GUI normally (I know I could use cron files ...) ?
Thx

Last edited:
These GPL WiFi drivers are definitely the best and most stable until now, almost no false detection of radar (and other polluting sources) ever!
Screenshot 2023-08-28 141641.png

BTW, is it possible to here also have days and not just hour's in the hundreds..?

HELLO; i m using Macbook and i downloaded file but cannot install it. here my error. app store regisered in US and This app is currently not available in your country or region.

There is no application set to open the document “RT-AX86U_388.2_2_pureubi.w”.

how can i install .w file can someone help?

HELLO; i m using Macbook and i downloaded file but cannot install it. here my error. app store regisered in US and This app is currently not available in your country or region.

Are you installing the firmware from the router update page? Looks like you are not.

You need to login to webgui on your computer and upload the file via
Administration-> firmware upgrade - > manual firmware update : upload

Thank you Merlin for this continuous work.

Since my RT-AX56U is at the end of its life 😢😢, I opted for a GT-AX6000. As soon as I got started, I flashed the 3004_388.4_0_nand_squashfs.
Everything seems ok.
I put the DHCP service under surveillance because it seems a bit lazy, it seems slow to write in the host file, but it works.

i just cannot fault this firmware release, working perfect in my environment, everything is responsive and fast, no drop outs and CPU running cool at 58 degrees Celsius.
btw loving my gt ax 6000, well worth upgrading over ax86u (at an on sale price)
I tried the GT AX 6000 twice and returned it twice. It didn't do anything better for me than the RT-AX86U, was looking for more coverage on the 5GHz band but I found the opposite...
The gaming interface did the rest...
Waiting for a substantial upgrade to the RT-AX86U, could be years away for me?

I tried the GT AX 6000 twice and returned it twice. It didn't do anything better for me than the RT-AX86U,
Both AX so yeah, no big differences, I didn't want to reply this to @SuperFreaky as he seems to enjoy. I went from an AC to an AX, the 2.4GHz range is a bit better, my son was on the limit on in phone in his room and now he's good. I now use WPA3 where I can and now have access to 160MHz if required, I tried to limit the use of it though. My phone now shows a little 6 on the Wifi icon to tell me it's now on Wifi 6 which I didn't have with previous AC model. I'm pretty happy with my new AX router as the other one was getting on the limit. Will I need a Wifi 7 in 3 years? I doubt.

Both AX so yeah, no big differences, I didn't want to reply this to @SuperFreaky as he seems to enjoy. I went from an AC to an AX, the 2.4GHz range is a bit better, my son was on the limit on in phone in his room and now he's good. I now use WPA3 where I can and now have access to 160MHz if required, I tried to limit the use of it though. My phone now shows a little 6 on the Wifi icon to tell me it's now on Wifi 6 which I didn't have with previous AC model. I'm pretty happy with my new AX router as the other one was getting on the limit. Will I need a Wifi 7 in 3 years? I doubt.
I played a lot with 160MHz but no real advantage for me since only my notebook could connect to it (in the same room as the router), in distance and with radar interference it was 80Mhz effectively and the speed difference wasn't there for me, most other stuff is on LAN so only the iPhones, iPad's, printer and iOT on Wi-Fi, quite some stuff on 2.4GHz as well, no smart connect for me or AiMesh.
Love the stability and performance of the AX86U.

My Ax86u ran out of warranty, found the gt ax6000 at a ridiculously low price brand new so I sold the Ax86u and a few old routers on Facebook marketplace which made gt ax6000 a free upgrade and now i get an extra 3 years warranty.
i didn’t just change solely for wireless speed. But I have noticed an increase in throughput and decrease in latency at longer ranges in 2.4 and 5g. 80mhz channel 36 I’m Finding less interference on the gt ax6000 compared to 86u from (-85dbm on Ax86u and -95dbm on gt ax6000)

I now have a router that will be supported in the future with firmware releases moving to 3006
Run Merlin on the gtax6000 don’t need to worry about ROG theme then…

I have a provider box with 5 Gb down, 2 X 1 Gb ports and 1 X 2.5Gb port
the ax6000 can receive on a 2.5 Gb wan port and today I will test a dual wan with the 2.54Gb port + 1 port 1 Gb in aggregate load balancing.
In addition, the ax6000 offers 1 lan port 2.5 Gb, and I bought it at a small price. With the Merlin firmware, I was able to remove the gaming look, so everything is fine.
I hesitated with the RT-AX86U, but it doesn’t have a 2.5 LAN port if I’m not mistaken.;););)

Last edited:
I have a provider box with 5 Gb down, 2 X 1 Gb ports and 1 X 2.5Gb port
the ax6000 can receive on a 2.5 Gb wan port and today I will test a dual wan with the 2.54Gb port + 1 port 1 Gb in aggregate.
In addition, the ax6000 offers 1 lan port 2.5 Gb, and I bought it at a small price. With the Merlin firmware, I was able to remove the gaming look, so everything is fine.
I hesitated with the RT-AX86U, but it doesn’t have a 2.5 LAN port if I’m not mistaken.;););)
Actually it has one 2.5Gbit port that can be used either as a WAN or a LAN port.

Actually it has one 2.5Gbit port that can be used either as a WAN or a LAN port.
Only problem is if you use 2.5g wan port you cannot advertise those speeds to your clients if your internet plan exceeds 1 gigabit. where as routers like the gt ax6000 and rt ax88u pro can because it has both 2.5g lan and wan ports

Tried to upgrade. Reset my RT-AX88U to default settings without an upgrade (perhaps due to the ControlD applet I'd installed on the JFFS). Got it going and then found my AI Mesh RT-AC58U wasn't working but looked like it was so all the IoT stuff in the house was failing and I couldn't see why. Fortunately a TV connection kept failing to connect and that gave it away. Tips: Save latest settings. Be prepared to update firmware...and update any AI Mesh gear before you do the primary router upgrade.

ok, thanks. So you have to choose, AX6000 can ongoing 2.5Gb and outgoing 2.5Gb on a lan ethernet port, very good for a computer for example (with 2.5Gb card).