What's new

Beta Asuswrt-Merlin 3004.388.6 Beta is now available

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Status
Not open for further replies.
@RMerlin Will we ever get the guest network pro VLAN features in a future release? it seems ro be in Asus firmware, not sure if i’m missing it in the merlin release.
RMerlin has addressed this question a number of times in the past when it's been asked.
https://www.snbforums.com/threads/a...ilable-for-the-rt-ax88u_pro.85404/post-847690
https://www.snbforums.com/threads/outlook-for-3-0-0-6-and-3-0-0-4.85663/post-851192
https://www.snbforums.com/threads/asuswrt-merlin-3004-388-4-is-now-available.86428/post-859935

Its important to note that the Guest Network Pro features in the Asus release (non Beta) firmware are currently only supported on a few Asus routers. There are other AX series routers that are supposed to support it, their 3.0.0.6 firmware is still in Beta.

RMerlin has addressed this question a number of times in the past when it's been asked.
https://www.snbforums.com/threads/a...ilable-for-the-rt-ax88u_pro.85404/post-847690
https://www.snbforums.com/threads/outlook-for-3-0-0-6-and-3-0-0-4.85663/post-851192
https://www.snbforums.com/threads/asuswrt-merlin-3004-388-4-is-now-available.86428/post-859935

It is important to note that the Guest Network Pro features in the Asus release (non Beta) firmware are currently only supported on a few Asus routers. There are other AX series routers that are supposed to support it, their 3.0.0.6 firmware is still in Beta.

Yes I saw past posts on it. Was just looking for an update as last post in July said ”months from now”.

I was just hoping Merlin would eventually support it. There now are many pro model routers out there now given Asus makes more than one pro line router. Im Hoping that one day Merlin does merge with the 3006 code base is it would be great to not have to use YazFI.

Well, to be 100% certain.
Reset my whole network before moving backwards to 388.5.

For about 1 month Wireless did not drop.
Lets see

Reset entire NW.
Had one month of silent from 160Mhz.
Looks smooth now.

Hope the silent for Wireless radio would remain.
Starting the countdown again here.

The connection was smooth, I guess it is something with the new drivers that made me reset the conmection.

There now are many pro model routers out there now given Asus makes more than one pro line router.
Asus indicates the following models currently support Guest network pro:
  • GT-AX11000 Pro, GT-AX6000, GT-AXE16000, RT-AX86U Pro, RT-AX88U Pro, ZenWiFi Pro ET12, ZenWIFI Pro XT12
But also indicates "more models are coming." Considering how long its taking for the 3.0.0.6.x firmware to make it to some current models could be some (significant) time before other supported models are announce or that firmware makes it out of Beta for current and future supported models. For example the RT-AX86U Pro hasn't seen a 3.0.0.6.x firmware since the Beta 9.0.0.6.102.4856 back on 2023/03/21. And even then it will likely be longer for RMerlin to roll in what ever GPL version of 3.0.0.6.x he receives from Asus into the Asus-Merlin firmware cycle and moves to 3.0.0.6.x.

Anyway the talk about 3.0.0.6 is off topic from the discussion on the Beta 3004.388.6 firmware.

Last edited:
Just applied the beta to my AX88u, somehow upon reboot it enabled QoS on its own. Even turning it off and hitting Apply, I could still pull stats out of Bandwidth Monitor and Data Classification and as much as I try to diabled it it won't disable, even enabling QoS and disabling it. Also AiProtection got enabled too. Both have been disabled forever and were disabled under 3885 alpha. I disabled it all again and applied, but it's still reporting even though the GUI shows it disabled. Going to power cycle it and see if the disabling takes. Nope that didn't help. It kept knocking everyone off then on for a bit and had to hit CTRL-F5 a few times to keep clearing the browser cache. Then found that DDNS wouldn't activate, log shows cert expeired (again, went through this with the alpha) so I had to select Auto then the Free Cert from Let's Encrypt again to get it to register and turn active.

Going to wait a few minutes to see if the BWDPI engine shuts down now that I have everything disabled again. Fortunately I have a prior NVRAM dump to compare with to see what if anything changed.
Then its on to testing everything else.

Last edited:
I have to ask if you can connect to the wireguard server from the outside lan, wan side?
I have set up server with different port and preshared key.
Can connect within lan but not from wan side, anyone tried?

Chain WGSF (1 references)
pkts bytes target prot opt in out source destination
0 0 ACCEPT all -- * wgs1 0.0.0.0/0 0.0.0.0/0
7 420 ACCEPT all -- wgs1 * 0.0.0.0/0 0.0.0.0/0

Chain WGSI (1 references)
pkts bytes target prot opt in out source destination
0 0 ACCEPT udp -- * * 0.0.0.0/0 0.0.0.0/0 udp dpt:12345
3 248 ACCEPT all -- wgs1 * 0.0.0.0/0 0.0.0.0/0

Last edited:
AX86U PRO, upgrade from 3004.388.5 to 3004.388.6 beta1, all seems ok until now.

thanks

RT-AX88U to Beta1: Seems to be working great. Only problem was DDNS. Needed to regenerate certificate as stated by others.

Just applied the beta to my AX88u, somehow upon reboot it enabled QoS on its own. Even turning it off and hitting Apply, I could still pull stats out of Bandwidth Monitor and Data Classification and as much as I try to diabled it it won't disable, even enabling QoS and disabling it. Also AiProtection got enabled too. Both have been disabled forever and were disabled under 3885 alpha. I disabled it all again and applied, but it's still reporting even though the GUI shows it disabled. Going to power cycle it and see if the disabling takes. Nope that didn't help. It kept knocking everyone off then on for a bit and had to hit CTRL-F5 a few times to keep clearing the browser cache. Then found that DDNS wouldn't activate, log shows cert expeired (again, went through this with the alpha) so I had to select Auto then the Free Cert from Let's Encrypt again to get it to register and turn active.

Going to wait a few minutes to see if the BWDPI engine shuts down now that I have everything disabled again. Fortunately I have a prior NVRAM dump to compare with to see what if anything changed.
Then its on to testing everything else.
Still on, I also notice that my regular upload/download speeds are affected as well. Usuallt in the 93xMB up and down, now 40xMB down and 72xMB up.

Went into all the QoS rules and made sure everything is disabled or otherwise cleared out. QoS is off. Still see Bandwidth Monitor and Data Classification results as well...

Time to dig into NVRAM and compare, and make sure the setings are being written...

Still on, I also notice that my regular upload/download speeds are affected as well. Usuallt in the 93xMB up and down, now 40xMB down and 72xMB up.

Went into all the QoS rules and made sure everything is disabled or otherwise cleared out. QoS is off. Still see Bandwidth Monitor and Data Classification results as well...

Time to dig into NVRAM and compare, and make sure the setings are being written...
I have two (2) remote sites that I manage that have RT-AX88U as primary router. I just verified QOS was NOT enabled on its own for either with the upgrade to 3004.388.6 beta1 (from 3004.388.6 alpha1).

I upgraded firmware to 388.6beta1 and now I have new update from Asus app to "3.0.0.6_102_21514".
What to do now, upgrade or wait?

I upgraded firmware to 388.6beta1 and now I have new update from Asus app to "3.0.0.6_102_21514".
What to do now, upgrade or wait?
Do you want Merlin firmware or Asus baseline? Your choice...

You have to decide for yourself whether you want to have Merlin or stock software on your router. This thread is about a Merlin beta test.

I thought that after installing Merlin, the original firmware would no longer appear as an update
On my old router RT-AC56U I had no info about new Version oryginal firmware

I thought that after installing Merlin, the original firmware would no longer appear as an update
Most likely it is because it is MAJOR update from 3004 to 3006.

upgrade to beta firmware worked ok

1704663343264.png

speedtest addon now also working again
1704663385035.png

Site survey has alway worked fine for me. You have to go to the "Configure" tab and "Start Data Collection".
Yep, already did that as used over a number of years before. I'll try a hard reset of one of the routers when production comes along.....

@jura, which router are we talking about?

I'd suggest that you stop using any 'app' to configure your router with.

Status
Not open for further replies.