What's new

Beta Asuswrt-Merlin 3004.388.6 Beta is now available

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Status
Not open for further replies.
View attachment 55325

Dirty Upgrade - GT-AX11000 & RT-AX58U - Successful no apparent issues. Did notice under AIMESH I can finally see PHY rate on my node. Haven't seen the info populated since stock fw.
One suggestion: Try enabling 160 MHz on bandwidth for 5 GHz WiFi — it may greatly increase PHY rate both up and down.

One suggestion: Try enabling 160 MHz on bandwidth for 5 GHz WiFi — it may greatly increase PHY rate both up and down.

It's enabled for radio 1. The problem is in Canada theirs only 1 160MHz compatible spectrum, and my AIMesh node can't be the one to use it unless I want to do some UI glitch workaround. Would LOVE to have the other radio on 160MHz also, but alas regulations. That's why the GT-AXE11000 came into existence likely to cover the lack of spectrum @ 160MHz as it has the 6GHz radio.

I don't see the AX-86U 388.6 beta in the AX-86U beta folder.
1704515260104.png

That's weird! I downloaded GT-AX6000, RT-AX86U, RT-AX68U, and other Beta 1 images earlier today — they all appear to still be available in Onedrive Mirror 1.
Sourceforge had a scheduled maintenance tonight, which ended an hour ago, so some mirrors might not be fully up to date on their end during that period. All files still remain available on the Onedrive mirror however.

86U-Pro here.
Dirty flashed over alpha and everything working perfectly.
Using VPN Director to send things over OVPN and Wireguard and everything reconnected flawlessly.
All my mesh nodes working as expected.

Thank you for the continued development.

Nightmare - but I'm over it.
Dirty flash over the alpha and so much went wrong. "httpd -i br0" running 100% on one core with multiple other processes including "/jffs/scmerlin.d/tailtaintdns" running the other cores up to 80%. No GUI access at all. Same after reboot and an electrical reset.
The good news is I could hard reset and get it back in working order. Even better news is restoring a backup from the previous alpha got all my scripts back and working fine. Thank you again @Viktor Jaep
If anyone else with more than a few scripts has a similar issue tag me and I'll help out if needed (start a new thread)

Did a dirty update to 3004.388.6 Beta1 from 3004.388.5. Had a minor issue that in the DDNS settings the lets encrypt certificate was shown as unkown or processing. The solution was to switch to auto and then to lets encrypt again, after that everthing was showing properly. Besides that no noticable issues.

Last edited:
Dirty update from alpha1 to beta1 and access restriction list now working as is everything else I have tried. Many thanks.

Was it worth making new firmware for changelog small like this, you should chill man it's holiday time .

Also, very happy to see that RT-AX56U is still on life support. Many thanks for that too. Lucky for me I didn't bin it.

Was it worth making new firmware for changelog small like this, you should chill man it's holiday time .
The length of a changelog doesn't always reflect the amount of work that has been done. In this release Asus components are updated.

All units updated and working great:
AX88U Pro
AX86U
AX58U

Thank You

Can you point the post for the ddns?

Same symptoms, but mine doesn't solve by itself.
Will not find it... too far away.
In the Alpha thread they talked about it, someone there mentioned to disable SSL and DDNS (which I did), submit obviously,
And Enable again.
It was something with new directory/place that the certificates are stored there.
Did that , and it works like a magic.

Last edited:
160Mhz up for 13h.
We are definietly on a good road there
Internal Speedtest does work as expected.

1000108038.jpg

Dirty flash from alpha1 to beta1, all work just fine, sanx Merlin!

Status
Not open for further replies.