What's new

Beta Asuswrt-Merlin 3004.388.6 Beta is now available

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Will not find it... too far away.
In the Alpha thread they talked about it, someone there mentioned to disable SSL and DDNS (which I did), submit obviously,
And Enable again.
It was something with new directory/place that the certificates are stored there.
Did that , and it works like a magic.

DDNS is acting strange for me on this build.

I have complete internet access, but am seeing this in the syslog

1704549208685.png

Dirty upgrade from alpha 15 hours ago.
Everything working stable for me - including WAN VLAN tagging and FlexQoS (with FC disabled).

Not sure if it is placebo effect: I noticed (also in the alpha) that 2.4GHz Wifi for my fringe device (Rainbird Ardurino dongle -85db signal level way out in the shed in the yard) is holding signal better than on the previous .5 release...

View attachment 55325

Dirty Upgrade - GT-AX11000 & RT-AX58U - Successful no apparent issues. Did notice under AIMESH I can finally see PHY rate on my node. Haven't seen the info populated since stock fw.

2.5Gbps PHY rate on 160Mhz.
Thank @RMerlin it actually works , after a while it just didn't.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240106_154407_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20240106_154407_Chrome.jpg
    45.3 KB · Views: 103
It is strange because it is saved in different place.
Disable- Submit- Enable.
It will restore

I tried that. Even SCP'd into the router and deleted certs. Did not fix my problem.

I tried changing DDNS from Primary to Secondary to Auto. No luck.

However, I think I found the cause and hopefully someone can figure out a fix.

I have my AX86U_Pro in load balancing mode, with policy rules that send a range of IPs to the primary wan (eth5) and the rest to the secondary wan (eth0).

I can disable Dual Wan, and DDNS & Let's Encrypt update immediately.

I can also change to Dual Wan Failover and both work fine.

But once I switch to load balance, DDNS and Let's Encrypt stall, and I keep getting this type of error on eth5 or eth0:

1704551539774.png

And when I switch to single wan or dual wan failover, I can enable or disable DDNS, switch to auto SSL and back to Let's Encrypt, and everything updates seamlessly.

I repeated this test 5 times (single wan, check SSL & DDNS - dual wan failover, check SSL & DDNS - dual wan load balance, check SSL & DDNS) and every single dime load balance is what broke things....

Thoughts?

I tried that. Even SCP'd into the router and deleted certs. Did not fix my problem.

I tried changing DDNS from Primary to Secondary to Auto. No luck.

However, I think I found the cause and hopefully someone can figure out a fix.

I have my AX86U_Pro in load balancing mode, with policy rules that send a range of IPs to the primary wan (eth5) and the rest to the secondary wan (eth0).

I can disable Dual Wan, and DDNS & Let's Encrypt update immediately.

I can also change to Dual Wan Failover and both work fine.

But once I switch to load balance, DDNS and Let's Encrypt stall, and I keep getting this type of error on eth5 or eth0:

View attachment 55332

And when I switch to single wan or dual wan failover, I can enable or disable DDNS, switch to auto SSL and back to Let's Encrypt, and everything updates seamlessly.

I repeated this test 5 times (single wan, check SSL & DDNS - dual wan failover, check SSL & DDNS - dual wan load balance, check SSL & DDNS) and every single dime load balance is what broke things....

Thoughts?

I don't do DUAL WAN.
Probably this issue is with Dual Wan, because in single wan it works as should.

I believe Merlin would do another Beta to resolve this tiny things.

@RMerlin this is for you.

Updated from alpha1 to beta1 with no issues. The new WiFi drivers are very stable and have no problem establishing 160Mhz connections at max speed.

Updated from 388.5, all seems to be working, but I notice on the WAN-DDNS page the "Server Certificate" status is "Unknown or processing..." and the rest of the fields are blank.

Is that what's expected?
I can't remember but I'm fairly sure they used to be filled in with something.
The DDNS server has been updated with my IP address.

Another thing, in previous version, for me anyway, the RSSI was way worser (-58 / -62 dBm).

The ram got about 54-55%
No addons or any TRAFFIC ANALYZER of sort are enabled.
Currently standing on 48%

After 15-16h, it is initially look way better starting point.
Hopefully it will remain the same.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240106_165754_ASUS Router.jpg
    Screenshot_20240106_165754_ASUS Router.jpg
    48.7 KB · Views: 102
Updated from 388.5, all seems to be working, but I notice on the WAN-DDNS page the "Server Certificate" status is "Unknown or processing..." and the rest of the fields are blank.

Is that what's expected?
I can't remember but I'm fairly sure they used to be filled in with something.
The DDNS server has been updated with my IP address.

Loot at my post.

Updated to Beta1 and working fine, only same thing:
My ssd disk as usual and some build version back not mount after router com back after updating.
Had to do a manually unmount/mount.

Thanks for new Beta

Thanks to Asus and Merlin for providing firmware for the RT-AX56U router!

Woo
Just saw he just RELIVED the AX56U, he always keep surprising me.
Eric is THE MAN!
Will give that a shot in few days, I would see it peforms OK on my system, and will give my AX56U a boost.

Will see how my network in the following week, so I can decide if I reset the NW once goes on release stable.

Dirty upgrade from 388.5 - everything looking good other than DDNS Server Certificate - unknown or processing as noted above. No issues with temps, RAM, Wi-Fi, DDNS appears to be otherwise working, scripts all fine, nothing unusual in logs. Thank you @RMerlin

Upgraded all the gear last night. Series of power cycles and then let it settle overnight. All good so far. All devices re-connected fine. Nest, TP-Link, IOT, Google etc... all happy. DNS Director good, VPN Director good, in-coming VPN connection all good. Nice to see Speed Test working again. Results in expected range.

Thank you @RMerlin and team!

1704557286009.png

Status
Not open for further replies.