What's new

Beta Asuswrt-Merlin 3004.388.6 Beta is now available

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Status
Not open for further replies.
388.5 to b1
no issues

Is just me, or the Aura RGB thingy doesn't work on this release?
GT-AX6000

Even if I disable it, or change the pattern, nothing works, and the RGB keeps turned on.

Also, @thelonelycoder 's led control doesn't work (neither activate or deactivate them, they keep turned on)
I cannot test the fancy lights feature for lack of hardware. I wish Asus would donate test models to people like me.

Is just me, or the Aura RGB thingy doesn't work on this release?
GT-AX6000

Even if I disable it, or change the pattern, nothing works, and the RGB keeps turned on.

Also, @thelonelycoder 's led control doesn't work (neither activate or deactivate them, they keep turned on)
1 First switch it off under: Network Map > System Status > Aura RGB (2 must read "on")
2 Then again under: Administration > System > Basic Config

Note: if you've first switched it off under 2, option 1 will be greyed out and lights will stay on.

Worked for me, in this order.

1704906744577.png

AX56U

1704906791078.png

AX88U

Uptime now for 3 days. Everything is stable and working.

Screenshot 2024-01-10 at 19-57-12 System Log - enhanced by Scribe.png

Upgraded from 388.5 to 3004.388.6 Beta on AX-86U, all fine for now.

1 First switch it off under: Network Map > System Status > Aura RGB (2 must read "on")
2 Then again under: Administration > System > Basic Config

Note: if you've first switched it off under 2, option 1 will be greyed out and lights will stay on.

Worked for me, in this order.
Thanks for all your help.
My problem was my wife (because of her and her soap operas, I couldn't just reboot the router 😂)

Router restarted, everything is fine....

Thanks once again

After my initial hiccup I'm just back to say this beta has been dead stable for me 😁

On my GT-AXE-16000, can I just dirty flash from FW_GT_AXE16000_300438824329 or do I have to reset after flashing the Beta?

CC

On my GT-AXE-16000, can I just dirty flash from FW_GT_AXE16000_300438824329 or do I have to reset after flashing the Beta?

CC
Always a good idea to factory reset and reconfigure when going from Asus to Merlin firmware or vice versa. Save a settings backup in case you want to go back to the prior firmware.

CC
Not mandatory, but generally a good idea, especially if you used anything related to VPN, as our implementations differ.

Very nice to see that AX56U is included in this release..
It seems that Core 4 stays at 0% in the CPU utilization chart. Was it disabled, or maybe the monitoring feature is broken?
Also, could this be related to the fact that the AX58U has a triple core CPU?
Thank you RMerlin!

Attachments

• Screenshot 2024-01-11 205550.png
    Screenshot 2024-01-11 205550.png
    278.1 KB · Views: 50
It seems that Core 4 stays at 0% in the CPU utilization chart. Was it disabled, or maybe the monitoring feature is broken?
Looks like the same issue as with the 388.2 release, the fourth core is almost always idle. BTW, if you start copying something from the USB HDD over WiFi, does this core still remain idle?

Very nice to see that AX56U is included in this release..
Also, could this be related to the fact that the AX58U has a triple core CPU?
Thank you RMerlin!
It's working fine, just that no high load process is getting scheduled to it while you monitor it. Most processes on the router are single thread, so you would need at least four high intensity processes to be running at the same time to see it register.

If you run "top", you should see processes scattered on all cores, including some on core 3.

It's working fine
Good news! Thanks!

BTW: Does this note still apply? Note that enabling WireGuard will disable hardware NAT acceleration due to compatibility reasons.

Day 2 on AX86U doing great... 5Ghz working even better than 388.5 in my particular case... which was disconnecting sometimes

Status
Not open for further replies.