What's new

Beta Asuswrt-Merlin 3004.388.6 Beta is now available

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Measured speed with openvpn client 1 on a 250/250 Mbps fiber line.

Screenshot 2024-01-15 at 15-53-23 Speedtest by Ookla - The Global Broadband Speed Test.png

Dirty upgrade from 3004.388.5 and nothing to report.
Thanks Merlin.

1705334252416.png

Last edited:
It's a routing issue, unrelated to that.
With NordVPN you get a different subnet if you use TCP instead of UDP. You can run 2 clients if one is TCP and the other UDP.

Not mandatory, but generally a good idea, especially if you used anything related to VPN, as our implementations differ.
Just to make sure I understand this..are you saying that once we flash our FW we should do a full reset thereby we have to manually reenter all our setup information including reinstalling any additional "programs/software" via SSH? Or is their a better way?

That is the better way.

Just to make sure I understand this..are you saying that once we flash our FW we should do a full reset thereby we have to manually reenter all our setup information including reinstalling any additional "programs/software" via SSH? Or is their a better way?
He was replying to a question asking about moving from stock firmware to Merlin's firmware. As you say you have additional scripts installed I assume you're already using Merlin's firmware (as per your signature), in which case you do not need to do a reset. If you have particular concerns perhaps you should not be offering to test this beta and would be better off waiting for the release version.

Last edited:
im not urgently waiting for a release i just wanna know how his update schedule works
@RMerlin provides updates based on when he has time (not his day job), when on when Asus provides necessary updates, and user feedback. There is no set schedule.

im not urgently waiting for a release i just wanna know how his update schedule works
at least a beta 2 to expect, if i remeber correctly there were only 2-3 releases with a Final Firmware after the first beta, so YES be patient!, also because they currently have a lot of exploits and some never will be fixed in those days like intel :)

at least a beta 2 to expect, if i remeber correctly there were only 2-3 releases with a Final Firmware after the first beta, so YES be patient!, also because they currently have a lot of exploits and some never will be fixed in those days like intel :)
ahh thanks

this beta1 is rock solid i now changed usb stick to usb ssd no more slowdowns

will there be a beta 2/3/4 e.g or will there be a final release after beta 1 ?
Unknown. It will depend if there is need of it based on what changes happened after beta 1. So far, none of these changes would require a second beta cycle, but things can change depending on what else gets changed in the coming days.

ASUS and Merlin are the fastest around in UPDATES and FIXING EXPLOITS !
Currently its a mess even with AI or old Exploits wich are coming back and could never been fixed if you informed right.
Curenntly its a 1001101 like the good old Days were we all started.
As a example a Firewall can only scan 0 or 1 if you have informed yourself curenntly, like betting on a horse :cool:

Status
Not open for further replies.