What's new

Asuswrt-Merlin 374.40 ALPHA 4 builds now available

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Tried everything. Reset, cleared NVRAM unplugged cables, different browser. Same result - it installed 354.28. I think that this was the very first Merlin firmware that I ever installed - is it going into some sort of recovery mode?

I given up and gone back to 374.39 for now. I'll try again with the next beta.

HB

Tried everything. Reset, cleared NVRAM unplugged cables, different browser. Same result - it installed 354.28. I think that this was the very first Merlin firmware that I ever installed - is it going into some sort of recovery mode?

I given up and gone back to 374.39 for now. I'll try again with the next beta.

HB

Go back to official Asus firmware, reset to defaults and then flash 40.

Hi, Merlin.
After updating the local git (commit 749771ff48), in the folder ...\release\src\router\ufsd\broadcom_arm missing file ufsd.ko. Because of this firmware compilation stops with an error.
I set not to get files from asuswrt.gpl.4422. Now 40_alfa5 works. NTFS too.

RGD

Merlin is not supporting the 40alpha build so if your having issues your going have to revert back to another firmware.

Hi, Merlin.
After updating the local git (commit 749771ff48), in the folder ...\release\src\router\ufsd\broadcom_arm missing file ufsd.ko. Because of this firmware compilation stops with an error.
I set not to get files from asuswrt.gpl.4422. Now 40_alfa5 works. NTFS too.

RGD

I've cleaned up the ufsd build files to match Asus's latest (previously they were providing linkable objects instead of just the final ufsd.ko module).

Try removing your whole ufsd directory and checking out a fresh copy of that directory from Git.

Merlin is not supporting the 40alpha build so if your having issues your going have to revert back to another firmware.

Reporting bugs/issues is not necessarily asking for help or support. Giving feedback should still be useful I think.

alpha 6 ... changing wifi settings... router dos not "boot completely" after self reboot...
Power ON/off needed - tried twice with same result...
can not test (ver7) as im at work end don't want to kill "home" lan... remotely ;)

USB (HDD) picture is out of its circle --(to the left IE11) in both alpha 6 & 7 /its ok chrome/

....5G working ok...

alpha 7

Uptime stable for approxmately 8 hours. 2.4GHz and 5GHz in use. WPS disabled. No USB devices, no guest networks. Unit is not upgraded with new bootloader. NAT acceleration on. Turbo mode off.

I do notice that the clients list on the Network Map page is intermittent. It did show the clients before I did a GUI reboot after changing the subnet and static IPs for certain MACs. I left it alone thinking the list would populate over night, but it didn't. I'll reboot the router again later when I play around with Turbo mode.

Alpha 7

Not sure if this has been mentioned before, but on the 5GHz frequency I am unable to choose any Control Channel when I set the Channel Bandwith to 40MHz. The drop down menu does not even say Auto, it just clears out. There are no options to pick. I believe this may be a error in the code.

I noticed there is an Alpha 8 out now. I am unable to update my firmware right now. Can anyone else confirm if there is an issue in Alpha 8 with the Control Channel on the 40MHz band in 5GHz?

I was hoping for Merlin's build based on 3.0.0.4.374.4561

I noticed there is an Alpha 8 out now.

where is that can only find alpha 4.
if one needs to compile it from github then would any one please upload a trx file of the latest source for the ac66u as i have no idea how to compile.

The alpha 6-8 builds were only posted to attempt tracking down the cause of random RT-AC68U crashes. They aren't meant to be used otherwise.

ok then i'm not missing anything as i have the ac66u.
found something strange in my log

Code:
Feb 25 23:36:57 ejusb[1395]: USB partition unmounted from /tmp/mnt/Entware

Was having instant looping reboots the moment I connected USB drive to alpha 6, went back to alpha 4 all good.

The USB issue was fixed in alpha8 (bad ufsd.ko module).

7 DAYS so far stable , has not disconnected once (374-38 and 39 would disconnect one or 2 times a day ) . Using it on AC-66 . Getting great connections on all adapters , Linksys wusb 600 , edimax AC1200 and various intel cards . Transfer speeds are as fast or 1-3 MBPS faster than 374-39 .

CPU Load Average - 0.0

Everything has been working flawlessly for the last week without issue. However, I just noticed today the CPU Load Average is 0.00 across the board. (1, 5, 15 mins) 0.00, 0.00, 0.00. Not sure if it's just me or I need to reboot, but thought I'd report it in case others are having the same issue.

N66U on 3.0.0.4.374.40_alpha4

Thanks!

Everything has been working flawlessly for the last week without issue. However, I just noticed today the CPU Load Average is 0.00 across the board. (1, 5, 15 mins) 0.00, 0.00, 0.00. Not sure if it's just me or I need to reboot, but thought I'd report it in case others are having the same issue.

N66U on 3.0.0.4.374.40_alpha4

Thanks!

Your CPU is currently idling and you're worried? :D

Linux/UNIX CPU load isn't calculated the way Windows users are used to. An average load of 0 means that there is no process currently waiting their turn to use the CPU.