What's new

Asuswrt-Merlin 374.40 Beta 2 is available

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

is it possible to make 374.40 but based on the asus firmware you used for the excellent 3.0.0.4.374.35_4 build?

That would not be smart because of the security patches been done by Asus.

That would not be smart because of the security patches been done by Asus.

workarounds are incredibly simple, these are minor security issues that have been overhyped.

rather have a minor security issue thats easy to mitigate than a broken router.

workarounds are incredibly simple, these are minor security issues that have been overhyped.

Maybe simple for you but people got compromised.
That's always serious and should quickly be fixed.
And how broken is broken. :rolleyes:

I was going to say it seems all the asus firmwares since january or so have been "broken"

is it possible to make 374.40 but based on the asus firmware you used for the excellent 3.0.0.4.374.35_4 build?
No, because of other issues. All the recent security fixes, for example.

That's why I'm drawing the line at 374_4561 for the time being.

In addition to the FTP setting fix, there were a couple of vulnerabilities also addressed in AiCloud. And a bunch of buffer overruns in Networkmap. A few others in httpd.

In addition to the FTP setting fix, there were a couple of vulnerabilities also addressed in AiCloud. And a bunch of buffer overruns in Networkmap. A few others in httpd.

ok.

did you check my posts regarding the channel issue I have been seeing? Basically the extension channel stops working.

I do plan to try beta2 just incase your fixes make it ok on that,

After installing .40 Beta 2 on my AC66U all was running fine,
but just some minutes ago I saw that my wifi printer lost his connection and was reconnecting to the router.....by checking the log of the router I see a restart on wlan:

Mar 6 18:23:37 rc_service: httpd 307:notify_rc restart_wlcscan.

Are there more persons who had this problem with .40 beta 2?

Last edited:
Site Survey does not find any WLAN network (on AC68U)

Hi,

On this beta-version (no. 1 & 2) my AC68U router does not find any networks in the Site Survey. At least it should show my Access Point (N66U) networks...

The N66U finds the other networks of my neighbors plus the two networks from the AC68U (2.4 & 5 GHz).

Does anybody else have this issue?

With kind regards
Joe :cool:

With a mention of USB changes I thought I'd give this a try over the top of Beta 1. No change with SDK6 DLNA stuttering, but transfer speeds over usb/samba are now very usable up to 14MB/s compared to lows of KB/s on SDK5.

I have less reasons to unmount and switch the dock over to eSATA now which is nice. It's just a shame one of the DLNA targets doesn't perform like it does on SDK5.

Site survey works on ac68...
router does not reboot on changing wifi settings now (its ok) ..as it was the case with ver 1

Disk Utility / Scheule disk scan.. still does not work..

Last edited:
Merlin, changing the title of the thread seemed to break the 'View first unread' feature and it is difficult to find the last read manually.

Could you please consider keeping the same title (like just 'beta' without numbers) or start a separate thread for each beta?

Thanks for considering.

DrT

Upgraded my N66U to 40 beta 2 and all is well!

Thank you RMerlin for everything that you do! Will have to buy you a couple of pints sometime.

Cheers!

Howdy,

RT-N66U 374.40 beta 2 router mode
20 hours and working fine with the settings which I use. PPOE wifi broadband

RT-N66U 374.40 beta 2 access point mode
20 hours and working fine with my settings.

The 2 Asus units are spread apart using opposite channels and such. 28 clients connected without issues. Signals are strong, and no re-boots or other oddities.

Can anyone confirm that reg_mode "d" / "d+h" has been fixed already in 40b2 and 40b3 ? I'm about to try this version 40b3 if the fix is ok and working.

Once 374.40 is released, I'm going to sit on this and wait for Asus to release a stable codebase. The past 4 months of releases have been a mess, on top of which sits the current unstable AC68U firmware. Having to fix so many new bugs each time I merge a new GPL code is getting really frustrating.

I'm always supportive of their work, and have even defended them on quite a few occasions, but this is getting a bit silly, to be blunt. Take my change log, and look for how many time "Asus bug" comes up in the past four or five months of firmware releases. A lot of those fixed bugs were actually introduced in their last FW version. Just patching up each new GPL release has turned this whole project into a chore - and a frustrating one, as the tone of my recent forum posts have probably shown.

Merlin, thanks for your hard work you give to community with the firmware releases that you do and fixing coding issues. Please don't let this become a burden to you. I agree with you on stopping until the dust settles with better GPL release that has less bug. Again thank you. :D

Once 374.40 is released, I'm going to sit on this and wait for Asus to release a stable codebase. The past 4 months of releases have been a mess, on top of which sits the current unstable AC68U firmware. Having to fix so many new bugs each time I merge a new GPL code is getting really frustrating.

Keep up the faith. I have sent you my second donation in appreciation in the hope that it will go some small way to lifting your spirits.

DrT

DHCP for Guest Network on AP Mode

Hey guys is DHCP available for the guest network when the Merlin firmware is setup on AP mode? I'm unable to find it, I would like the guest network to be on a different subnet. as it is I'm unable to restrict access to network shares etc.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Wifi Beam Forming RT-N66U

Are there adjustable beam forming settings on the RT-N66U? Is so, where are they located? I am using Merlins F/W

Are there adjustable beam forming settings on the RT-N66U? Is so, where are they located? I am using Merlins F/W

Only available on AC class routers (and even then; the option is not guaranteed to be definable).

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!