What's new

Asuswrt-Merlin 374.40 Beta 2 is available

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Also seems to have low signal strength...

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Hi MerlinR,

I saw that you fix the typo in the smb.conf (FIXED: typo in SMB config ("use spne go") (Asus bug))

Looks likes I still have issue with my android phone running "ASTRO File Manager" ...

System.log: Mar 1 09:20:22 smbd[1280]: reply_sesssetup_and_X: Rejecting attempt at SPNEGO session setup when it was not negoitiated.

I fixed the issue with this config:
<---
use spnego = yes
client use spnego = no
--->

Also,

Using those socket options gives better speed on my usb drive (I removed the SEND/RECEIVE buffers... And I add IPTOS_LOWDELAY)

socket options = TCP_NODELAY SO_KEEPALIVE IPTOS_LOWDELAY

Thanks for the great firmware :)

Defaulting spnego to yes would cause connectivity issues with Windows clients that have the Windows Live Signin Assistant installed, which is why I left it disabled by default.

Thankfully it should be easy now for people to tweak their settings through a postconf script.

I will investigate the other settings. Last time I experimented with them, I found no measurable improvement when I tried various settings. That was back to the MIPS days however, I haven't gone through the same experimentation on the ARM platform. Once the rest gets stabilized...

If going from .39 to .40 on my N66U, do I need to reset my settings? Thanks.

Shouldn't be necessary, but be prepared to do so if you experience wireless issues.

I see a few reports of wireless performance drops in AC66U. Try doing a factory default reset in case Asus made some low-level changes to the wireless driver of that specific router, and also deleting and recreating your wireless profile on the client.

Also try keeping beamforming disabled to see if it makes any difference.

When activated, AiCloud - Smart Sync, process inotify 80-90%
This was not there before. Router freezes hard.
Switched back to 374.39_0, all is well

inotify is a closed source component, so I have no control over it.

Defaulting spnego to yes would cause connectivity issues with Windows clients that have the Windows Live Signin Assistant installed, which is why I left it disabled by default.

Thankfully it should be easy now for people to tweak their settings through a postconf script.

I will investigate the other settings. Last time I experimented with them, I found no measurable improvement when I tried various settings. That was back to the MIPS days however, I haven't gone through the same experimentation on the ARM platform. Once the rest gets stabilized...

Not sure what Windows Live sign-in Assistant is... I have no issue with Windows 8.1...

EDIT: Found the procedure: https://github.com/RMerl/asuswrt-merlin/wiki/Custom-config-files

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Shouldn't be necessary, but be prepared to do so if you experience wireless issues.

Is this the same if going from 374.39_0-em to 374.40 Beta 1? Hard reset not mandatory?

I've had some weird issues with this firmware as well as the .39 releases. When beamforming is enabled and I connect with AC triple stream from my MBP I get packet loss, a serious one around 4%. Running constant ping I can see that every half a minute the rtt goes above 1s, then it drops a few packet and after that it goes back to normal (<1ms). When I disable beamforming the packet loss goes down to almost normal levels significantly below 1%. Why would beamforming cause this issue? Could it be related to the ac adapter in the MBP? Anyone else experiencing similar behavior with other wireless cards?

I see a few reports of wireless performance drops in AC66U. Try doing a factory default reset in case Asus made some low-level changes to the wireless driver of that specific router, and also deleting and recreating your wireless profile on the client.

Hi there

I have tried the suggestions you gave but no luck. I got the same poor signal strengh here.

Driver in .39 seems much better. Perhaps more verification is needed though.

They must have done something with the driver for AC66u, with 40MHz channel bandwidth I no longer see channels 157,161 it stops at 153. I have to set channel bandwidth to 20/40/80 MHz to have channels 157,161 available to select.

Edit: This appears to be an issue with Chrome as when I use IE all channels are available for selection with 40MHz Channel Bandwidth

Last edited:
Hi there

I have tried the suggestions you gave but no luck. I got the same poor signal strengh here.

Driver in .39 seems much better. Perhaps more verification is needed though.

I got the same with .40 Alpha and .40 Beta 1 on my AC66U.......also going back to .39 as my range is much better with that firmware release....

Last edited:
RMerlin will appreciate it if you guys tells him what your routers are.;)

I have updated my post....using an AC66U....nevertheless Infamy stated already that he has an AC66U and I have quoted him...

I had to factory default as it was making my wired connection doing weird things. Took me awhile to figure it was the router and not my PC.

Mine is working great to (AC66U)

the only issue i have is the security warning

The FTP permission was at risk and has been automatically changed to "Share with account" which allows administrator login only. You can use router login name and password to login. If you want to change permission setting, Click here to go to the setup page..

Except i have FTP off.

Thanks for all of the hard work Merlin.
Same here.
--
bc

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!