What's new

Asuswrt-Merlin 374.40 Beta 2 is available

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Another item I noticed is that none of the pop ups windows are coming from the "?" marks or the green icons at the top of the GUI.

Works fine here.
(Chrome and IE10.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by WET View Post

Another item I noticed is that none of the pop ups windows are coming from the "?" marks or the green icons at the top of the GUI.

Works fine here.
(Chrome and IE10.)

Thanks. It is an IE11 issue, does not work from that browser, does work from Chrome for me.

Yes is locked to "ON" for 5g and "off" for 2.4 (EU) .. And change is not remembered...

from the tools runcmd page you can change the region to allow control of those commands, i get the feeling Merlins not on the EU region hence him not having the same bug.

wl0 is 2.4ghz wl1 is 5

the reg domains explain themselves.

replace the ** with your country code. europe come with EU, I am UK so I changed to GB

Grab codes from http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/wireless/wcs/3-2/configuration/guide/wcscfg32/wcscod.html

Code:
nvram set wl0_country_code=**
nvram set wl1_country_code=**
nvram set regulation_domain=**
nvram set regulation_domain_5G=S**
nvram commit

then reboot the router.

(I have only changed the 5ghz as my 2.4 works as I want it to.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by WET View Post

Works fine here.
(Chrome and IE10.)

Thanks. It is an IE11 issue, does not work from that browser, does work from Chrome for me.

NVM bad advice.:eek:

Last edited:
WHICH router?

Please gents, it's useless if you don't let know.

@All, put your router into your signature.
Go to "User CP" -> "Edit signature". (On top of the page.)

Thx. :)

OK my bad I will. any way it'e running great over here. i just need to move My router to an optimal place so I can get better coverage that has nothing to do with the firmware I know I'm just thinking out loud.

• Numerous fixes and enhancements were made to DNSFilter, including the ability to specify your own custom DNS. You can use this to force your media devices to use a region-unlocking DNS filter for instance. New built-in services were also added, and IPv6-enabled connections should no longer bypass filtering.

Thanks for adding this feature.

I have 2x AC66U, one acting as a repeater. Unfortunately because the repeater seems to funnel all traffic through its MAC, individual DNS assignments don't work for clients that are attached to the repeater.

Is there an option besides assigning DNS behavior to the repeater (and all clients attached to it) as a single entity? Or perhaps there is a way to delegate the application of the rules to the repeater (i.e. have it grab the client list from the router and work some magic)?

Last edited:
Hi all

still router does not reboot succesfuly after changing wifi setting..
power on/off needed

Signal

Hey MerlinR,

I did the clear nvram because of the low signal issue since .40 beta1 and i'm not sure if it did the trick...

Since .40 beta1 it's very difficult to get my computer to 1.3gbps ... I'm not sure what's going on ...

Am I alone?

I regret to inform that I have had my first random reboot with this firmware.

Router: RT-AC68R
Bootloader: 1.0.1.6

2.4GHz radio off

5GHz clients:
2x iPhone 5 iOS 7.0.6
1x Asus USB-N66 connected to Windows 8.1 PC

1 Wired PC via Cat6 Windows 7

USB2.0 port in use with Sandisk Cruser Blade
- Samba sharing on

IPv6 enabled and configured (native, PPP)

I was browsing on my iPhone when I noticed the connection to the router dropped. I logged in to the admin to see uptime of 1 min.

Syslog just shows dnsmasq-dhcp details 1 minute before the crash.

Thanks for adding this feature.

I have 2x AC66U, one acting as a repeater. Unfortunately because the repeater seems to funnel all traffic through its MAC, individual DNS assignments don't work for clients that are attached to the repeater.

Is there an option besides assigning DNS behavior to the repeater (and all clients attached to it) as a single entity? Or perhaps there is a way to delegate the application of the rules to the repeater (i.e. have it grab the client list from the router and work some magic)?

Not that I can't think of, sorry.

Firstly, I'm new to configuring this router so, I may have done something wrong. I upgraded from 374.39_0 to 40_alpha4 and now my web (firefox) gui is very slow to respond. Previous upgrades worked perfectly btw. A few pointers would be appreciated.

thanks
Hal

I have enjoyed using previous Merlin firmware builds on my Asus RTN66U, however I am concerned about the EM WiFi driver been the only driver included in this and future versions.

If i remember correctly the EM driver is designed as an engineer mode and may not adhere to the WiFi standards or the correct country code, is this correct?

What are the advantages and disadvantages of the EM WiFi driver?
If the EM driver is better than why doesn't Asus, use this driver?

Just installed the beta on a ac66 and wired speeds are alot slower than wireless.
Any ideas or what information would be helpfull in diagnosing?

Just installed the beta on a ac66 and wired speeds are alot slower than wireless.
Any ideas or what information would be helpfull in diagnosing?

I think RMerlin already stated in this thread the drivers were not updated from the previous beta? I suggest you read back through the pages.

FTP and Samba ports closed, finally.

R. Merlin, thanks for allowing me to close the FTP hole and Samba hole. I'm getting less hits to ftp and samba ports on the n66u. Thanks!

I think RMerlin already stated in this thread the drivers were not updated from the previous beta? I suggest you read back through the pages.

Well thanks for that information. Then something else must have changed because the speeds were fine before. All I did was reflash.

Firstly, I'm new to configuring this router so, I may have done something wrong. I upgraded from 374.39_0 to 40_alpha4 and now my web (firefox) gui is very slow to respond. Previous upgrades worked perfectly btw. A few pointers would be appreciated.

I had a similar problem recently but solved it after I found a thread somewhere which identified this as a side-effect of website checking by ESET antivirus software. In the ESET settings one can enter the IP address of the router as a known safe site, this stops the checking and the problem goes away.

This may or may not help.

Well thanks for that information. Then something else must have changed because the speeds were fine before. All I did was reflash.

Did you clear the nvram / factory defaults after flashing? If not, theres the issue

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!