What's new

Asuswrt-Merlin 374.40 Beta 2 is available

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Flashing Yellow Exclamation Icon

Running the latest 374.40_beta1 on N66U and now receiving a persistent message about insecure setup (Flashing Yellow Exclamation), but everything is turned off, including the FTP Share and AICloud.

"The FTP permission was at risk and has been automatically changed to "Share with account" which allows administrator login only. You can use router login name and password to login. If you want to change permission setting, Click here to go to the setup page.."

AICloud - Turned Off
USB Applications - All turned off
FTP Application - Disabled

The only thing I use is a USB stick to have traffic/usage stats stored. All shares and access is turned off.

Any idea why I'd be getting this warning or is this just a bug?

Thanks!

5 GHz - Lost channels above 153 when in 40 MHz only mode

Also, it appears we lost 3 channels in the web UI when on 5 GHz and set to 40 MHz only.

I factory reset and NVRAM clear and tried out of box, and still only the first 6 channels appear. Channels appear in 20/40 mode or 20 mode.

40 MHz Mode - 36,40,44,48,149,153
20/40 MHz Mode - 36,40,44,48,149,153,157,161,165
20 MHz Mode - 36,40,44,48,149,153,157,161,165

My router is still working fine on 157, just can't change it to anything other than 6 listed above.

N66U - 374.40_beta1

Thanks for all the hard work on this builds!

Running the latest 374.40_beta1 on N66U and now receiving a persistent message about insecure setup (Flashing Yellow Exclamation), but everything is turned off, including the FTP Share and AICloud.

"The FTP permission was at risk and has been automatically changed to "Share with account" which allows administrator login only. You can use router login name and password to login. If you want to change permission setting, Click here to go to the setup page.."

AICloud - Turned Off
USB Applications - All turned off
FTP Application - Disabled

The only thing I use is a USB stick to have traffic/usage stats stored. All shares and access is turned off.

Any idea why I'd be getting this warning or is this just a bug?

Thanks!

Have the exact same issue. 66u using usb for traffic stats only. no ftp no shares. --bill

Asuswrt-Merlin 374.40 Beta 1 on my RT-N66U

Router:RT-N66U
Firmware:40 beta1(clear the nvram / factory defaults: done)

Synpton:
1.traffic monitor is still incorrect for last 24 hrs & daily. pls refer to the attached.(My internet speed is 20Mbps(download)/5Mbps(upload).

2.ftp client from Lan to ftp server on RT-N66U: upload speed will be dramatically down to 2MB/s, no matter it's wire or wireless(same as 39.0). ftp download speed is fine. SMB is fine: upload/ download can reach above 12MB/s.

3.iTunes in windows 7 64bit can't see my RT-N66U which is good in 374.35_4, even iTunes server & DLNA server is enable.

Attachments

• traffic_monitor.zip
    65.5 KB · Views: 178
Last edited:
Have the exact same issue. 66u using usb for traffic stats only. no ftp no shares. --bill

Seriously folks, how many times must this specific question be asked, and the same answer repeated? Must be a dozen posts about this in the last two weeks on these forums... Please, have a look at the other posts on this forum (starting with the very thread where this is being asked right now). Repeating the same answer over and over just gets annoying.

Last edited:
Also, it appears we lost 3 channels in the web UI when on 5 GHz and set to 40 MHz only.

I factory reset and NVRAM clear and tried out of box, and still only the first 6 channels appear. Channels appear in 20/40 mode or 20 mode.

My router is still working fine on 157, just can't change it to anything other than 6 listed above.

N66U - 374.40_beta1

The answer to the FTP warning can be found in the first page of this thread.

As for the missing channesl, see this post, also from this thread.

They must have done something with the driver for AC66u, with 40MHz channel bandwidth I no longer see channels 157,161 it stops at 153. I have to set channel bandwidth to 20/40/80 MHz to have channels 157,161 available to select.

Edit: This appears to be an issue with Chrome as when I use IE all channels are available for selection with 40MHz Channel Bandwidth

It's actually a bug in the Javascript code for recent Asus firmwares. It's trying to remove channels 116 and 140 while in 40 MHz mode (instead of 116l and 140l), and ends up corrupting the list. Fixed on Github.

N66U - 374.40_beta1

me too, i have the same issue on my 66U

I lost as lot of channels, so I changed to the correct region using telnet commends. Routers set to GB and has them back. Scroll back through the thread as I have listed how to do the change a few pages back.

beta 1 is unfortunately unstable for me on AC56U...crashes forces me to factory reset...reverted back to asuswrt until a merlin build is finalized with the security from the 4422 FW + ( yes i realized there's the option of flashing alpha 4)

Used wireless for the first time last night on this build and 5ghz seems very very weak, only one bar, bad speeds etc.

2.4 seems a bit weaker but not by much.

I have yet to try any of the workarounds listed in this thread tho. Just adding my name to the list of wireless regression.

Would it be possible to add support for specifying multiple DNS servers in the same custom variable using a , or ;?

e.g.

1.1.1.1;1.1.1.2

Thanks

Technically that doesn't make any sense. DNSFilter forces all DNS traffic to be redirected to a specific IP, it cannot redirect the same traffic to two different IPs at the same time.

Technically that doesn't make any sense. DNSFilter forces all DNS traffic to be redirected to a specific IP, it cannot redirect the same traffic to two different IPs at the same time.

How does it work with the other alt DNS providers? Is there no redundancy there as well?

How does it work with the other alt DNS providers? Is there no redundancy there as well?

Through the normal resolver, handled by dnsmasq. There's nothing enforced by the firewall there, so the resolver will query the available server in order if one were to go down.

Through the normal resolver, handled by dnsmasq. There's nothing enforced by the firewall there, so the resolver will query the available server in order if one were to go down.

I didn't realize it followed a different path. Is it impossible to make custom DNS work like a predefined alt DNS?

Did you clear the nvram / factory defaults after flashing? If not, theres the issue

I did that. I am new this this and trying to learn. I enabled IPv6 and things are back to normal. Not sure if that did it or was having issues with service. Thanks for the reply though and will continue to read up and learn more.

I didn't realize it followed a different path. Is it impossible to make custom DNS work like a predefined alt DNS?

No, because in that case it would be impossible to force it.

IPV6 Native now working on Time Warner Cable

Have a RT-N66u and could not get IPV6 native to work using .39 or .26b with Time Warner Cable in SW Ohio. 6to4 did work but no success with Native.

Installed .40 beta 1 today and IPV6 native works! Yes I did clear nvram and reboot for all installs - multiple times.

RSSI for 2.4 GHz is a constant -50 dbm at farthest points around the house. EM works as well as the old .26b at this location. So far everything else seems to be working fine and fast.

Thank you Merlin for the hard work and upgrade.

Last edited:
All problems seem to be on the N56 and N66.
I have installed the .40 Beta 1 in my ac68u and work perfectly.
I know Merlin that you didn't nothing to solve the reboot issues, but I had some reboot, 1 for day more or less, and now nothing.
Your tools are really good. Thanks for your time and you effort in improve and fix our machines!!!

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!