What's new

Asuswrt-Merlin 374.41 is out

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

RMerlin

Asuswrt-Merlin dev
Asuswrt-Merlin 374.41 is now available for download.

Here are the highlights of this release:

• Merged with Asus's 374_5047 GPL (from the RT-AC68U). This release resolves the random reboot issues on the RT-AC68U, redesigns the DLNA/FTP/SMB server configuration pages, option to auto-logout of webui after timeout, and updates minidlna and radvd to their latest releases. Asus also implemented numerous additional security fixes since the last release.
  • Miniupnpd has been updated to the latest release, which adds PCP (Port Control Protocol) support. Note that only MAP requests are supported.
  • A new option has been added to enable/disable WAN access to the FTP server. This option can be found on the FTP tab (under USB). Note that the default is to disable WAN access. If you remotely access your FTP server, make sure you enable WAN access to it.
  • The WOL page has been fixed (it was broken in a recent Asus release)
  • An experimental workaround for Comcast IPv6 users has been implemented in the firewall. Please report your results in regard to neighbor solicitation request floods.
  • Crashes surrounding the OpenVPN page, using more than 30 static routes, as well as issues surrounding IPTV multicast support and the web interface in languages using UTF8 (such as Russian) have been resolved
  • For security reasons, the Run CMD page has been removed. In the last few releases Asus has been tightening security in the web server backend, restricting what processes can be launched by it through the webui. Since keeping the Run Cmd page would basically overset all these security improvements, I have decided to remove it. Using putty/XShell4/ssh isn't difficult, and well worth the security improvements.

As usual, wireless stability is something completely out of my control. If you have issues, start by disabling Beamforming support on BOTH radio bands, in case your clients might simply not be compatible. If you still have issues, go through the usual: check the channel you are using, don't use 40 MHz channel width if your 2.4 GHz band is overcrowded, delete and recreate the wireless connection profile on your clients, and as a last resort try a factory default reset + manual reconfiguration. A lot issues can be resolved by these steps, and they have nothing to do with the router's wireless driver itself.

Changelog is here.
Downloads are here.

MD5Sums:
Code:
47766bb402a30a88ddc21ba0fb8e8ac9  RT-AC56U_3.0.0.4_374.41_0.trx
b80509fe7b51d3a4bbbc8335768ed4ef  RT-AC66U_3.0.0.4_374.41_0.trx
dce21b7cff6c79e5f6ead8e31518aa08  RT-AC68U_3.0.0.4_374.41_0.trx
35d5a60844b2d3891c621124b574d7ac  RT-N16_3.0.0.4_374.41_0.trx
503853a1cb1b3b9888415793740c2bc8  RT-N66U_3.0.0.4_374.41_0.trx

Enjoy, and happy Easter!

What qualifies as 3 versions?

Hey Merlin, thanks for the Easter Update!

I'm on version 3.0.0.4.354.28 with an N66U. What number should I be looking at as far as version numbers go to determine if I should factory reset after updating to .41?

Thanks in advance.

I'm on version 3.0.0.4.354.28 with an N66U. What number should I be looking at as far as version numbers go to determine if I should factory reset after updating to .41?

Thanks in advance.

you need to factory reset.

Thanks in advance.

Going from 354.28 to 374.41 means you are skipping 13 versions - a factory default reset after flashing is strongly recommended.

Thanks Merlin. :) Now if you could get the 5 G light from flashing it would be prefect. Also the GUI shows password as weak. It is in fact stealth.

Last edited:
What's beamforming? Is it trying to send signal toward the device before it send signal anywhere else?

Do I reset using the power and.WPS after upgrade or just go into the Webgui and click factory reset?

Sent from my iPhone

Thanks!

README-merlin.txt
FIXED: Replaced webui glue with permanent concrete. It won't
fall again. :D

Won't let me set time zone stuck on first name on list , hit apply and it says port is for download master , which i don;t use . So stuck on 12hrs +gmt A;so on qireless page keeps asking for cpuntry code ?? AC 66

Does this include all the bug/security fixes of 374.5517 for the ac66u ?

The vast majority of those fixes were already in 5047. The only one I can see that would be missing is the one about the password being in plain text in the HTML source code. Asus has not release the source code to 5517 yet, so there's not much I can do at this point.

Won't let me set time zone stuck on first name on list , hit apply and it says port is for download master , which i don;t use . So stuck on 12hrs +gmt A;so on qireless page keeps asking for cpuntry code ?? AC 66

Either you have a port conflict for HTTP/HTTPS, or you have a browser add-on that's autofilling form fields it shouldn't be.

Thank you !

I have loaded .41 and up a couple of minutes and working so far.
iptables-save is working now, tested with my script.

Just for inform:
When export openvpn config file .conf and using dnsomatic, config file contain
all.dnsomatic.com as remote address. Need to edit manually in .conf file.

Question:
Is Common Name hard coded into openvpn server?

Octopus

Last edited:
Download Master is not working for me when i add torrent file. It show "proceeding" and not go on. anyone have solution?

Installed Asuswrt-Merlin 374.41

Hi,

I have installed version 41 on both of my devices (coming from latest stable/beta3 build): Nothing special during update. So far so good! :)

Now I am off for a easter break: Will need to see how the two network solidares behave until Tuesday, when I am back... ;)

With kind regards
Joe :cool:

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!