What's new

Asuswrt-Merlin 376.44 Beta 1 is out

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Hi guys

Is anyone facing problem trying to uploads or delete files via FTP? Using Beta 3 currently and HDD format as Ext4.

Filezilla reporting back 550 error. Checked my accounts and every thing set as "R/W".

Turn off and on FTP and change NO and back to R/W but still no luck.

Icons

Hello Merlin,

Is it possible to implement an icon for printer, TV, and Linux on your firmware?

Thanks,

After updating from beta 2 to 3 my AC68 was completely inaccessible. The lights were up on the router, but no wifi and no lan. First time it has ever happened. Updated without reset with no problem for a while now.
Only settings i have changed from default is some port forwarding that's it. Did a 30 30 30 reset etc and suddenly it appeared on the lan again + wifi was back.

Everything fine now.

Is anyone else experiencing this bug?

Click the USB3 'External USB disk status' icon, go to the 'Disk utility' tab, choose a frequency for the scan to run and hit apply. After navigate back to the same page and the dropdown is showing 'Disable'

Is anyone else experiencing this bug?

Click the USB3 'External USB disk status' icon, go to the 'Disk utility' tab, choose a frequency for the scan to run and hit apply. After navigate back to the same page and the dropdown is showing 'Disable'

Yes, it's a known issue. One I'll leave to Asus to fix at this point.

Hi guys

Is anyone facing problem trying to uploads or delete files via FTP? Using Beta 3 currently and HDD format as Ext4.

Filezilla reporting back 550 error. Checked my accounts and every thing set as "R/W".

Turn off and on FTP and change NO and back to R/W but still no luck.

You need to check your filesystem permissions through SSH.

I had very good overall stability with beta1 on my AC66 but both beta2 and 3 have the router rebooting every few hours. More confused by why beta1 was so stable than why it is crashing with the later betas since it crashed on the standard asus firmware as well.
Could it be that 5GHz didn't run at full capacity in beta1?

Have been away for a week so I haven't had a chance to try 376.44, just put beta3 on my AC68u and its working great. Thanks for the great work Merlin.

Have been away for a week so I haven't had a chance to try 376.44, just put beta3 on my AC68u and its working great. Thanks for the great work Merlin.

Dont forget to change your signature to reflect your upgraded firmware. :)

Syslog being copied to jffs/Entware setup issue

With beta3 on the RT-AC87R I noticed the jffs was getting a copy of syslog from the /tmp directory. Any idea of what process is doing this? The syslogd startup shows this:

syslogd -m 0 -S -O /tmp/syslog.log -s 256 -l 7

On the entware side opkg returns an

/opt/bin/opkg: line 1: syntax error: unexpected "("

error.

Last edited:
Noticed with Beta 3, that my Xbox One does not see the 5GHZ SSID on my router. I have to manually enter it. Hasn't happened on any previous versions. Weird

I know IPv6 needs work still for the latest builds...however I can get an IPv6 connection established, but speeds are very slow. I get about 5 Mbps when I have my RT-N66U handle Tunnel 6rd when cascading it with my ATT Uverse service's NVG589. If I connect directly to my NVG589, IPv6 speeds are fantastic at 45+ Mbps. When I disable IPv6 on my NVG589 gateway and use the RT-N66U to handle IPv6, speeds are back down to 5Mbps. I can't get the NVG589 to passthrough IPv6 to my Asus and I can't get the Asus to have good speeds with IPv6.

Is this normal at least, regarding having the RT-N66U handle IPv6? Why is it so slow when compared to a direct connection to the NVG589?

EDIT #1: I was able to put my RT-N66U into "Native" mode with IPv6 and I selected DHCP-PD. IPv6 works on my RT-N66U with my ATT Uverse serivce, however speed is still an issue. I'm locked at 5Mbps...it won't go any higher when doing an IPv6 speed test. Not sure if it's an MTU issue or if it's a firmware issue.

I have no idea.

EDIT #2: I'm experiencing the same issue as this guy: http://www.smallnetbuilder.com/forums/showthread.php?t=16028

EDIT #3: Tested with two separate computers, both systems have issues with speed when doing Native or Tunnel 6rd. Speed never goes higher than 5 Mbps. It's not a bridge issue, something is up with the RT-N66U.

Last edited:
I know IPv6 needs work still for the latest builds...however I can get an IPv6 connection established, but speeds are very slow. I get about 5 Mbps when I have my RT-N66U handle Tunnel 6rd when cascading it with my ATT Uverse service's NVG589. If I connect directly to my NVG589, IPv6 speeds are fantastic at 45+ Mbps. When I disable IPv6 on my NVG589 gateway and use the RT-N66U to handle IPv6, speeds are back down to 5Mbps. I can't get the NVG589 to passthrough IPv6 to my Asus and I can't get the Asus to have good speeds with IPv6.

Is this normal at least, regarding having the RT-N66U handle IPv6? Why is it so slow when compared to a direct connection to the NVG589?

EDIT: I was able to put my RT-N66U into "Native" mode with IPv6 and I selected DHCP-PD. IPv6 works on my RT-N66U with my ATT Uverse serivce, however speed is still an issue. I'm locked at 5Mbps...it won't go any higher when doing an IPv6 speed test. Not sure if it's an MTU issue or if it's a firmware issue.

I have no idea.

Same issue here. I was working fine RT-AC87R with the stock firmware from AUSU (2044). IPv6 was not establishing connections and the speed when connected the speed was very slow.

I know when I was using Tomato RAF there was an issue where the MTU was wasn't picked up by the router. The MTU of IPv4 and IPv6 though AT&T uverse is different since AT&T is using 6rd inside their IPv4 network.

Here is the link to what I was able to get working under Tomato RAF:

http://www.linksysinfo.org/index.php?threads/tomato-raf-releases.63093/page-38#post-248078

Same issue here. I was working fine RT-AC87R with the stock firmware from AUSU (2044). IPv6 was not establishing connections and the speed when connected the speed was very slow.

I know when I was using Tomato RAF there was an issue where the MTU was wasn't picked up by the router. The MTU of IPv4 and IPv6 though AT&T uverse is different since AT&T is using 6rd inside their IPv4 network.

Here is the link to what I was able to get working under Tomato RAF:

http://www.linksysinfo.org/index.php?threads/tomato-raf-releases.63093/page-38#post-248078

Hey thanks for the response.

Interesting. I'll have to see about this.

One question though, am I suppose to be using Native or Tunnel 6rd? It works both ways and both ways have the same speed problem. However, choosing Tunnel 6rd within Merlin's firmware allows me to adjust the MTU. I can't adjust any MTU when using Native. Is that normal?

EDIT: I'm trying out your settings now. Looks like IPv6 is 1472 and IPv4 is 1500. I originally was using Tunnel 6rd at 1480 MTU and that's when I first noticed the slow speed. Let's see if this fixes it.

Last edited:
Hey thanks for the response.

Interesting. I'll have to see about this.

One question though, am I suppose to be using Native or Tunnel 6rd? It works both ways and both ways have the same speed problem. However, choosing Tunnel 6rd within Merlin's firmware allows me to adjust the MTU. I can't adjust any MTU when using Native. Is that normal?

EDIT: I'm trying out your settings now. Looks like IPv6 is 1472 and IPv4 is 1500. I originally was using Tunnel 6rd at 1480 MTU and that's when I first noticed the slow speed. Let's see if this fixes it.

Use native. It will pick up prefix delegation and propagate it to your lan. Also QOS was a no go in with IPv6 turned up on Tomato RAF. I have since shutdown QOS here also.

Last edited:
Use native. It will pick up prefix delegation and propagate it to your lan. Also QOS was a no go in with IPv6 turned up on Tomato RAF. I have since shutdown QOS here also.

Well I see that my IPv6 MTU is at 1472. How would I adjust that using Native?

Man...all types of weirdness is occurring. I can no longer get a connection through Tunnel 6rd and when I switch back to Native, I can see the areas have been automatically filled, yet doing a IPv6 test shows I do not have IPv6.

I did a reboot of my Uverse Gateway, rebooted my RT-N66U, the Asus picks up the Native settings as per the firmware, yet IPv6 no longer works when attempting a test.

My head hurts.

Time Machine and ipv6 issue

Anything in Syslog regarding the USB disk detection?

Hi Merlin,

Just installed beta3 on my AC68U, Time Machine disk detected fine on my macbook until I switched on ipv6. I don't see any error in syslog but can not see the time machine disk on macbook while ipv6 on. I switched off ipv6 and rebooted AC68 and time machine disk is back in the list.

Appreciate your help.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!