What's new

Asuswrt-Merlin 376.44 is out

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Haven't had a chance to test 5ghz band yet.

As far as 2.4ghz band, I see very little difference between this firmware, the 374.41 and 43_2. In some areas its a tad better and in some areas of the house its a tad worse.

Havent tested other parts of the router as I don't fully use the router. We have reduced our gadget environment and my laptop is now hard wired in to the router 98% of the time.

As far as wan, the internet surfing and webpages load much faster then on 1663 or 1665 firmwares.

Last edited:
Running on my AC68U without issue. Good range and speed. Openvpn still working. Great stuff. Thanks Merlin.

Hi Merlin, I've just upgraded my AC68U from 374.43_2 to 376.44
I've never installed any beta!
After the upgrade, I've lost my settings for the 5Ghz wlan. I was used to run these commands in order to have all the channels unlocked:

nvram set 0:ccode=#a
nvram set 1:ccode=#a
nvram set 0:regrev=0
nvram set 1:regrev=0
nvram set wl0_country_code=#a
nvram set wl0_country_rev=0
nvram set wl0_reg_mode=off
nvram set wl1_country_code=#a
nvram set wl1_country_rev=0
nvram set wl1_reg_mode=off

Has the option to unlock all the channel, been disabled with the latest firmware?

Code:
Aug  5 00:12:50 WAN(0) Connection: Detected that the WAN Connection Type was PPPoE. But the PPPoE Setting was not complete.

I have DualWAN, all wan have static IP, real WAN(I think this it is "0") directly in ISP network, another WAN(this look like "1") (Ethernet LAN) in small transit network with another router.

If setup DHCP on WAN(0), I've got this
Code:
Aug  4 01:38:25 WAN Connection: ISP's DHCP did not function properly.

this is with "normal" mode of DHCP

Last edited:
dnsmasq doesn't support IPv6

Hello,

I had some IPv6 addresses set up via /jffs/configs/dnsmasq.conf.add which worked nicely in 374.43. But 376.44 dnsmasq fails to start with error in those particular lines of the resulting dnsmasq.conf. When I removed those entries from the additional config, it works again.

Is it intentional that dnsmasq in this version has no IPv6 support compiled in?

Thanks.

I can't set my 5ghz channel. Keeps going back to auto on ac68

I also can't connect beyond 150mbps, I used to get a solid 433.

Looks like I'm only getting n, no more ac.

Last edited:
Not sure if this is a bug or just me - would be grateful if someone could reproduce!

In the DNS filtering section when Comodo is set on an individual host the previously selected DNS filter remains (i.e. selecting Comodo doesn't seem to do anything).

I've tried with the other filter options and only Comodo seems to do this. Has anyone else come across this?

Running 376.44 on an RT-AC68U

So on the ac66u (im in the uk in case that makes a difference) 5ghz is stuck on channel 36 and the extension channels only show auto (could we change this previously?)

Like others my harddrives are showing up with errors which is a tad unlikely that both failed at the same moment.

Already unplugged and checked both which turned out to be fine.

Ejecting the disks safely and changing usb ports seem to correct this as the test past fine.
Unfortunately it remained in the display as unmounted even though it clearly was and could be accessed.
Leaving the network tab and going back results in a display showing the harddrive mounted but having errors even though the test shows ok.

Something in the firmware is borked.

RT N66U

376_44 firmware

Thank you RMerlin for your new 376_44 firmware.

I have loaded a day ago over old beta3 and discovered a couple of problem.
Seems this NEED to do a fresh install with erasing NVARM before and after new install.
Most of problem comes from old nvarm parameters and needed to be erased.
Only strange is this with:
* New networkmap, lets users edit device names, assign icons to devices, etc...
Probably this isn't stored in nvram and therefor doesn't match mac/ip/address
no big problem just to mention. found this

octopus

Last edited:

Code:
Aug  5 00:12:50 WAN(0) Connection: Detected that the WAN Connection Type was PPPoE. But the PPPoE Setting was not complete.

I have DualWAN, all wan have static IP, real WAN(I think this it is "0") directly in ISP network, another WAN(this look like "1") (Ethernet LAN) in small transit network with another router.

If setup DHCP on WAN(0), I've got this
Code:
Aug  4 01:38:25 WAN Connection: ISP's DHCP did not function properly.

this is with "normal" mode of DHCP

I've actually seen this before on my N66, everything works fine and didnt have an issue. Its like getting the WAN dhcp fails/times out receiving the ip at first sometimes; I've even gotten it when I use a static IP to setup a router initially.

As far as the trying to connect PPoE warning, I have seen that many times, its no problem, its trying to figure out what type of connection you have and fails. I don't have a PPoE connection just a regular old cable modem using dhcp but whatever auto detection they use usually fails. I wouldnt worry about either error.

That's debatable and IMO bad advise, staying on older versions is bad security wise and performance wise. The new FW's are pushed out for good reason and your literally missing out on hundreds of fixes by staying on older unsupported versions.

I have a AC68U/AC66U/N56U which all run flawlessly, %90 of the time its the user creating the issues not the owner.

So can I update straight or reset and start from scratch?

I wouldnt worry about either error.

But after what:
Code:
Aug  4 10:45:57 WAN Connection: Detected that the WAN Connection Type was PPPoE. But the PPPoE Setting was not complete.
Aug  4 10:45:57 stop_nat_rules: apply the redirect_rules!
Aug  4 10:45:57 openvpn[1037]: event_wait : Interrupted system call (code=4)
Aug  4 10:45:57 dnsmasq[867]: exiting on receipt of SIGTERM
...and so on, WAN restart

Found a bug.

When you look at client status list, it will show that a wifi device is plugged in to the router, even though its not connected to the router over wifi. But as soon as a wifi device such as cell phone connects to the router over wifi, then the green icon changes to bars.

Attachments

• client list.png
    client list.png
    30.6 KB · Views: 608
Found a bug.

When you look at client status list, it will show that a wifi device is plugged in to the router, even though its not connected to the router over wifi. But as soon as a wifi device such as cell phone connects to the router over wifi, then the green icon changes to bars.

As already answered by RMerlin during the Betas....

http://forums.smallnetbuilder.com/showpost.php?p=131838&postcount=222

and I recall in another post that he said as it's new code from Asus he would leave it for Asus to fix, along with providing additional icons for printers, TVs and Tux icons etc.

Regards,

One problem with the IPv6 settings. The router broadcasts itself as the sole IPv6 DNS server via DHCPv6, without regard to what is set in the IPv6 config pages......

Took the jump and upgraded today. Did a factory reset before and after the upgrade (coming from .42)

And the strangest thing happened; it all worked! :D Even my 3G backup line is working again (which is the primary reason for the upgrade).

Running a RT-N66U connected to a FTTH line (xs4all) and a Huawei 3G USB stick. Everything seems to be working properly. Good performance on IPv4 and IPv6. Wifi performance is also similar to the previous version and in line with the other AP's in the house.

No additional functionality besides routing, DHCP, DNS, firewalling and Parental Control DNS filter enabled though.

Thanx Merlin!

But after what:
Code:
Aug  4 10:45:57 WAN Connection: Detected that the WAN Connection Type was PPPoE. But the PPPoE Setting was not complete.
Aug  4 10:45:57 stop_nat_rules: apply the redirect_rules!
Aug  4 10:45:57 openvpn[1037]: event_wait : Interrupted system call (code=4)
Aug  4 10:45:57 dnsmasq[867]: exiting on receipt of SIGTERM
...and so on, WAN restart

Is it actually working correctly or are the errors repeating constantly? because I have those errors as well that show up when the router starts but everything is working fine.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!