What's new

Asuswrt-Merlin 378.52 is available

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Please see post #33.

You responded with this to two people who, like me, upgraded an AC68 without factory reset, but post #33 doesn't address that case. Are you saying there is a reason to do a full factory reset for the AC68 when coming from .51?

Thanks for the reminder! That's why I was saying sometime this week as I've spent almost all my free time lately troubleshooting and ruling things out. I've gotta re-load their current firmware and double check then I'll submit a report. Thanks Merlin!

You responded with this to two people who, like me, upgraded an AC68 without factory reset, but post #33 doesn't address that case. Are you saying there is a reason to do a full factory reset for the AC68 when coming from .51?
Yes he is. If a full factory reset, or hard reset, is needed on one platform then it is always a good idea to do so regardless of the platform you are using. I use the nvram save & restore utility from John9527 to do a full reset every time I flash my router with either an Asus or Merlin version firmware. It allows several keystrokes to replace hours of tediously rebuilding your configuration settings from scratch.

Yes he is. If a full factory reset, or hard reset, is needed on one platform then it is always a good idea to do so regardless of the platform you are using. I use the nvram save & restore utility from John9527 to do a full reset every time I flash my router with either an Asus or Merlin version firmware. It allows several keystrokes to replace hours of tediously rebuilding your configuration settings from scratch.

Then I'm confused by the initial post that says a factory reset is only needed with the models that required it, not all of them. What change necessitates a reset for the AC68?

Then I'm confused by the initial post that says a factory reset is only needed with the models that required it, not all of them. What change necessitates a reset for the AC68?

im under the impression even "if" it not required it is good practice to factory defualt.

I factory default~upgrade fw~ factory default ~ then use nvram save/restore

I've upgraded my AC68U from .51 to .52 without reset the settings to factory default. I see the graph of CPU utilization is filled to 100% almost all the time for 1 core, and the other one is 0-20%... Is this a normal comportment?
Check your media server settings. Click USB Applications/Media Services And Servers/Media Server.

See if iTunes or DLNA servers are on? Don't know if you have USB storage devices or not.

Many thanks for this great firmware. Always something to looking forward to.
Yesterday I upgraded to .52, and gave the AC87U a fully factory reset.

5G shows 200 Mbit up/down (thanks to fiber).
However, 2,4G is stuck on app. 40Mbit.
It is set on "N only", I've tested multiple channels.

Am I missing something?

Last edited:
Many thanks for this great firmware. Always something to looking forward to.
Yesterday I upgraded to .52, and gave the AC87U a fully factory reset.

5G shows 200 Mbit up/down (thanks to fiber).
However, 2,4G is stuck on app. 40Mbit.
It is set on "N only", I've tested multiple channels.

Am I missing something?

Hi,

I'm also stuck at 2.4 GHz max. 45 Mbit ? with my AC68U
On 5Ghz there's no problem, that works great :)

http://www.asus.com/nl/Networking/RTAC68U/

TurboQAM ™ Wi-Fi acceleration

Powered by 5th generation Wi-Fi (5G Wi-Fi), the new 802.11ac chipset gives the RT AC68U superfast Gigabit wireless speeds. What's more, RT AC68U uses TurboQAM ™ technology to upgrade 2.4G WiFi Further as to give you Unprecedented speeds. At 2.4 GHz, it's 33% faster than generic wireless N900 routers, reaching 600 Mbps, while on the 5 GHz band, it blazes up to 1300 Mbps - or triple 802.11n rates. That's 1900 Mbps or competitor wireless power!

Hi,

I'm also stuck at 2.4 GHz max. 45 Mbit ? with my AC68U
On 5Ghz there's no problem, that works great :)

http://www.asus.com/nl/Networking/RTAC68U/

TurboQAM ™ Wi-Fi acceleration

Powered by 5th generation Wi-Fi (5G Wi-Fi), the new 802.11ac chipset gives the RT AC68U superfast Gigabit wireless speeds. What's more, RT AC68U uses TurboQAM ™ technology to upgrade 2.4G WiFi Further as to give you Unprecedented speeds. At 2.4 GHz, it's 33% faster than generic wireless N900 routers, reaching 600 Mbps, while on the 5 GHz band, it blazes up to 1300 Mbps - or triple 802.11n rates. That's 1900 Mbps or competitor wireless power!
No issue on 2.4 GHz
4266794397.png

No issue on 2.4 GHz

Any specific settings on the "Professional" tab?
Wireless mode is now set to "Auto" (due to Turbo QAM), but still a low 2,4 speed.

Attachments

• screen_2,4.JPG
    screen_2,4.JPG
    43.8 KB · Views: 514
My traffic analyser page is still verrrryyyy slow. How is it for you guys? I've tried to disable it and still very slow. Takes up to 35 seconds to load.

Edit: The page loads just fine, but it wont finish it till 35sec later.

Always has been a bit slow. Never really counted up the time to display but on my RT-AC87 it showed up today in about 10 - 12 seconds.

My traffic analyser page is still verrrryyyy slow. How is it for you guys? I've tried to disable it and still very slow. Takes up to 35 seconds to load.

Gets slower the more days of data it collects. I did a factory reset going to .52, and it went from 45 secs to load down to almost instant. I'm guessing in a couple weeks, it will be back to 45 secs. If you watch the router while it is bringing up the page, one cpu core is completely maxed out, so it looks like its not loading the data that's the problem, but walking the data to populate the charts.

Gets slower the more days of data it collects. I did a factory reset going to .52, and it went from 45 secs to load down to almost instant. I'm guessing in a couple weeks, it will be back to 45 secs. If you watch the router while it is bringing up the page, one cpu core is completely maxed out, so it looks like its not loading the data that's the problem, but walking the data to populate the charts.

I could be wrong here but I don't think it should take 45 seconds to load that page since the traffic analyzer is stored in ram.

I could be wrong here but I don't think it should take 45 seconds to load that page since the traffic analyzer is stored in ram.

It's an SQL database. Most likely the queries aren't very optimized. It's also affected by the fact that the data is stored in flash, not in RAM.

Re-read my post again. This issue has nothing to do with doing a factory default or not. It's a bug, and that post gives two different workarounds to resolve the issue.

It's an SQL database. Most likely the queries aren't very optimized. It's also affected by the fact that the data is stored in flash, not in RAM.

Looked at my old traffic.db file, it was only 7 MB, so I think it is more the doing linear scans over and over again, than the speed difference between flash and RAM. Might even end up all buffered pretty quickly.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!