What's new

Asuswrt-Merlin 378.52 is available

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

I have a RT-AC87U. Since I have installed 378.52 I can't use my custom DDNS (WAN - DDNS). With .51 it worked fine - now I get always an error

Apr 5 20:14:57 custom script: Running /jffs/scripts/ddns-start (args: xx.xxx.xxx.xx)
Apr 5 20:14:58 ddns: Custom ddns update failed

Any idea (and yes, I have made a full reset) ??
PS: When I go back to .51 it is working again, go forward to .52, error

I'm running an RT-AC66R with v378.51. Under Administration | Performance Tuning, under System Adjustment, I have the Temperature Unit set to °F. The Cooler Status chart displays correctly in °F. If I navigate to Tools | Sysinfo, Router | Temperatures is displayed in °C. Is there an additional location where I need to change the temperature units?

temperature_unit.jpg

tools_sysinfo.jpg

I just noticed something wierd.

Wan show 255.255.248.0 subnet
lan shows 255.255.255.0 subnet

this normal? i thought lan and wan use the same subnet

It's an SQL database. Most likely the queries aren't very optimized. It's also affected by the fact that the data is stored in flash, not in RAM.
I was surprised to see that the traffic analyser data survived a factory reset, is it not supposed to be cleared at factory reset?

After firmware upgrade and factory reset the traffic analyser is a lot quicker to show data than before the upgrade.

Used to save traffic info to flash memory, but this time I've saved to RAM. But there is no change in delay. The Traffic Analyser page is really slow.

EDIT: It seams that even if I change storage to FLASH from RAM and toggle the switches so it resets and creates the IPTraffic files is wont get deleted.

Funny, as it shows:
App: General
Used traffic: 203.20 GB
And this is for just a couple of hours usage. =)
Old data don't get deleted no matter what. I really dont want to do a factory reset...

EDIT 2:
Did a "Format JFFS partition at next boot".
Now it seems ok. Page loads in seconds. Strange as I never did use the JFFS partition to save the traffic files.

Last edited:
I was surprised to see that the traffic analyser data survived a factory reset, is it not supposed to be cleared at factory reset?

After firmware upgrade and factory reset the traffic analyser is a lot quicker to show data than before the upgrade.

OOPS, I have to correct myself here.
I apparently forgot to activate Traffic Analyser, I noticed this by the strange names on the devices being monitored (Jieming-PC, Jieming-MBp...).

Sorry about the noise...

Looked at my old traffic.db file, it was only 7 MB, so I think it is more the doing linear scans over and over again, than the speed difference between flash and RAM. Might even end up all buffered pretty quickly.

Hard to say, the code dealing with it is closed source.

Used to save traffic info to flash memory, but this time I've saved to RAM. But there is no change in delay. The Traffic Analyser page is really slow.

Traffic Analyzer has nothing to do with IPTraffic. Completely different features.

I have a RT-AC87U. Since I have installed 378.52 I can't use my custom DDNS (WAN - DDNS). With .51 it worked fine - now I get always an error

Apr 5 20:14:57 custom script: Running /jffs/scripts/ddns-start (args: xx.xxx.xxx.xx)
Apr 5 20:14:58 ddns: Custom ddns update failed

Any idea (and yes, I have made a full reset) ??
PS: When I go back to .51 it is working again, go forward to .52, error

We'd need to know what's in your script to be able to help you.

I'm running an RT-AC66R with v378.51. Under Administration | Performance Tuning, under System Adjustment, I have the Temperature Unit set to °F. The Cooler Status chart displays correctly in °F. If I navigate to Tools | Sysinfo, Router | Temperatures is displayed in °C. Is there an additional location where I need to change the temperature units?

The Sysinfo page is hardcoded to Celcius.

I uplodated 378.52_2 to Mediafire to address the main issues introduced in 378.52.

• CHANGED: Updated AiCloud prebuilt binaries for MIPS models
  • CHANGED: Applied kernel patch for MIPS kernel ported from 376_3861, related to CTF support
  • FIXED: AiCloud would fail to start unless you had HTTPS enabled for the webui (causing the key/cert to be missing)
  • FIXED: DDNS hostname would become corrupted after backing up your router configuration (Asus bug)

Traffic Analyzer has nothing to do with IPTraffic. Completely different features.

Sorry bout that. Meant traffic info. =)

Many thanks for this great firmware. Always something to looking forward to.
Yesterday I upgraded to .52, and gave the AC87U a fully factory reset.

5G shows 200 Mbit up/down (thanks to fiber).
However, 2,4G is stuck on app. 40Mbit.
It is set on "N only", I've tested multiple channels.

Am I missing something?

I just flashed my AC-66 to .52 from .49, and did a factory refresh. I, too am limited to about 40 on 2.4g. 5g is fine

I just flashed my AC-66 to .52 from .49, and did a factory refresh. I, too am limited to about 40 on 2.4g. 5g is fine

I have 52 running on my AC68R and get full speeds on both 2.4ghz and 5ghz no difference there must be something else going on.

I just noticed something wierd.

Wan show 255.255.248.0 subnet
lan shows 255.255.255.0 subnet

this normal? i thought lan and wan use the same subnet

Not weird. They are two different IP networks, so just like they have different addresses, they can have different subnet masks.

I uplodated 378.52_2 to Mediafire to address the main issues introduced in 378.52.

• CHANGED: Updated AiCloud prebuilt binaries for MIPS models
  • CHANGED: Applied kernel patch for MIPS kernel ported from 376_3861, related to CTF support
  • FIXED: AiCloud would fail to start unless you had HTTPS enabled for the webui (causing the key/cert to be missing)
  • FIXED: DDNS hostname would become corrupted after backing up your router configuration (Asus bug)

Is it safe to assume there is no need for a factory reset going from 52 to 52_2 ?

EDIT: Flashed 52_2 and after going through a few pages in the UI it locks me out and a reboot is needed to get back in the router. Never had this happen before guess i will try a factory reset if no joy will revert back to standard 52. This happens on three different browsers.

Edit2: Reflashed 52_2 complete factory reset and same thing scrolling through the routers UI and it locks me out every time, have to reboot to get back in all computers all browsers. Went back to 52 original and all is perfect again. Possible bug at least for me.

Last edited:
Incorrectly shows the range (0 db) on the home page - G=Guest (hospitality network)

upload_2015-4-5_23-12-10.png

upload_2015-4-5_23-12-28.png

Last edited:

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!