What's new

Asuswrt-Merlin 378.52 is available

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

If there is somebody with AC66U who is achieving the maximum wireless band in 5Ghz can you please make a print screen of your settings? I cannot make this work with neither one of the firmware versions...

I went through every page one after another on my RT-AC68U without any issue.

I can confirm with my RT-AC68U. Not a single issue, GUI was actually never faster and more responsive than after 52_2 installed. I did not even perform factory reset. I did it this morning after I've read many people suggesting factory reset is always a good thing, and I really started to love re-configuring my settings :)

No problems here on my end. Thank you Merlin!

In the last few weeks on rt-ac66u, I had numerous GUI router slowdown or stop responding using HTTPS. Even my SSH session got socket disconnected when that happened (I tried to use top for diagnostic). Since last few days, I think it is resolved and those steps might help:

I enabled per IP monitoring, so nat traffic is handled by CPU. GUI slowdown seems to occur when there are heavy download and accessing https://...:8443 + SSH at that moment. Process httpd -s -p 8433 show heavy cpu usage.

Since the traffic manager page got the most hang, I also reset over 3 months worth of daily per IP traffic and stop using HTTPS. Maybe nat by CPU + HTTPS + SSH is too intensive for rt-ac66u!?

No issues so far with the newest firmware 378.52.2 on my AC87U & AC68U.

Thank you very much RMerlin for this firmware :)

Just upgraded my ac56u from 51.

Done a factory reset and used nvram-save utility to restore settings.
On AiProtection "UPnP service disabled" does not go "Yes" even both WAN UPNP is disabled. (Dual Wan setting, if matters)

Thanks.

Asuswrt-Merlin 378.52 is now available for all supported models.

UPDATE: 378.52_2 is now available, resolving the following issues:
  • CHANGED: Applied kernel patch for MIPS kernel ported from 376_3861, related to CTF support..........................

Hi Merlin,

What is the purpose of that patch? I am asking this question because this is the only change from 378.52 which could be related to my router. I don't use AiCloud and DDNS.

Hi Merlin,

I have updated the latest 378.52_2 firmware, however, the HW acceleration seems not working properly with unknown reason, it is running in CTF only, nothing about FA.....How can I do with my AC87U?:(

p.s. I have totally reset my router but still no luck for me.

Thx

why regulation mode can not be OFF for 5.2 ? (ac68 europe)

Because it's a mandatory requirement in Europe for DFS.

Just upgraded my ac56u from 51.

Done a factory reset and used nvram-save utility to restore settings.
On AiProtection "UPnP service disabled" does not go "Yes" even both WAN UPNP is disabled. (Dual Wan setting, if matters)

Thanks.

Works for me.

upload_2015-4-6_12-32-59.png

Hi Merlin,

What is the purpose of that patch? I am asking this question because this is the only change from 378.52 which could be related to my router. I don't use AiCloud and DDNS.

It's two lines of kernel code related to CTF. I have no idea if it improves performance of NAT accelerated connections or if it's a bugfix. All I know is Asus added these two lines of code in 3861.

Hi Merlin,

I have updated the latest 378.52_2 firmware, however, the HW acceleration seems not working properly with unknown reason, it is running in CTF only, nothing about FA.....How can I do with my AC87U?:(

p.s. I have totally reset my router but still no luck for me.

Thx

FA is automatically disabled when in a situation where it's incompatible with a certain feature or environment (for instance whenever using a DPI-based feature such as Adaptive QoS).

Hi !

Strange error occured just now.
I have a RT-AC87U and running 378.52.2 since this morning.
Was before on 378.51 and did a reset after updating to 378.52.2.
My 5GHz wireless is visible and saying wrong pw even after a restart and verifying the pw both on client and in the router??
The 2,4GHz with the same pw works.

BR
KD

My Wireless has the issue too, anything were very slow, I already reset the setting in the Web GUI, do I need any hardware reset to factory setting?
Dude if the cable from your modem to the router is bad then everything should be wonked, wired and wireless. Install a Cat6 cable, or at least a Cat5e, and see if that helps. Good luck.

Hi all, RMerlin thank you for your effort about improving ASUS Firmware.
I have just two question.
1) I have a bug on the 52_2 firmware on my RT-AC56U. The combobox that will let me able to select he wifi band is showing only 5Ghz and assigning to it the wrong html option value (0 instead of 1).
Bug_Only_5_Ghz_on_combo.jpg

This is the html code
combohtml_bug.jpg

The asp code of the Advanced_Wireless_Content.asp is on a readonly file system, so actually I am not able to modify the file and do some trouble shooting (I have to look on how to remount it in rw mode). The asp file content about the combo is:
<td>
<select name="wl_unit" class="input_option" onChange="_change_wl_unit(this.value);">
<option class="content_input_fd" value="0" <% nvram_match("wl_unit", "0","selected"); %>>2.4GHz</option>
<option class="content_input_fd" value="1" <% nvram_match("wl_unit", "1","selected"); %>>5GHz</option>
</select>
</td>

It seems ok...but for some reason it is failing.

BTW The workaround for me has been to modify html with chrome inspector and properly assign selected attribute in order to change the right wifi band for example about the wifi scheduling. Another option is to access via ssh and input the following command
nvram set wl_unit=0/1
finally load the Web ui in order to properly change the right wifi band (0: 2.4GHz - 1: 5GHz)
2) The second question is a RFE about DDNS under double nat environment. Can you add an option for external ip check ? something simple like "curl icanhazip.com" should work

Thank you very much for your work

Last edited:
The bandwidth monitor is buggy on this FW. It doesn't always refreshes. If I click any of the router option and exit the monitor then go back to it sometime doesn't work. Even if I refresh the page it won't update itself. I did a factory reset after the update.

I'm using 52.2 on AC68u.

My Wireless has the issue too, anything were very slow, I already reset the setting in the Web GUI, do I need any hardware reset to factory setting?

Dude if the cable from your modem to the router is bad then everything should be wonked, wired and wireless. Install a Cat6 cable, or at least a Cat5e, and see if that helps. Good luck.

+1 on that. not to mention, your modem itself might be bad too.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!