What's new

Asuswrt-Merlin 378.52 is available

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Hi all I was trying to run entware but I got

Code:
Info:  This script will guide you through the Entware-Arm installation.
Info:  Script modifies only "entware.arm" folder on the chosen drive,
Info:  no other data will be touched. Existing installation will be
Info:  replaced with this one. Also some start scripts will be installed,
Info:  the old ones will be saved on partition where Entware is installed
Info:  like /tmp/mnt/sda1/jffs_scripts_backup.tgz

Info:  Looking for available partitions...
*** Error:  No ext2/ext3/ext4 partition available. Exiting...

Any idea? I have no /tmp/mnt/sda1.... do I need to attach an usb disk on the router?

Hi all I was trying to run entware but I got

Code:
Info:  This script will guide you through the Entware-Arm installation.
Info:  Script modifies only "entware.arm" folder on the chosen drive,
Info:  no other data will be touched. Existing installation will be
Info:  replaced with this one. Also some start scripts will be installed,
Info:  the old ones will be saved on partition where Entware is installed
Info:  like /tmp/mnt/sda1/jffs_scripts_backup.tgz

Info:  Looking for available partitions...
*** Error:  No ext2/ext3/ext4 partition available. Exiting...

Any idea? I have no /tmp/mnt/sda1.... do I need to attach an usb disk on the router?
Yes, and format it Ext 3 or 4

FA is automatically disabled when in a situation where it's incompatible with a certain feature or environment (for instance whenever using a DPI-based feature such as Adaptive QoS).

Thank you for your answer, however, I didn't turn any Adaptive QoS function on at all, I just check it right after I reset and finished auto setup, and it is still CTF Only...

Thank you for your answer, however, I didn't turn any Adaptive QoS function on at all, I just check it right after I reset and finished auto setup, and it is still CTF Only...
That is only one of the functions that will disable FA. Traffic Analyzer, AiCloud, USB Apps (media servers, etc) will all disable Flow Analysis as well, IIRC.

can somebody please tell me what this errorcode has to say :
Apr 6 21:08:49 kernel: htb: htb qdisc 10: is non-work-conserving?
Apr 6 21:57:45 kernel: htb: htb qdisc 14: is non-work-conserving?
Apr 6 22:17:39 kernel: htb: htb qdisc 11: is non-work-conserving?

my Router is a AC 87U and the firmware is the newest one.

thanks

Hi all, RMerlin thank you for your effort about improving ASUS Firmware.
I have just two question.
1) I have a bug on the 52_2 firmware on my RT-AC56U. The combobox that will let me able to select he wifi band is showing only 5Ghz and assigning to it the wrong html option value (0 instead of 1).

Chances are you came from an old firmware and failed to do a factory default reset, so you still have a corrupted nvram setting from a couple of bugged relases from Asus back then. Do a factory default reset, and manually reconfigure your router.

2) The second question is a RFE about DDNS under double nat environment. Can you add an option for external ip check ? something simple like "curl icanhazip.com" should work

Asus designed the whole DDNS system to rely on the WAN IP. The ddns-start script added in 378.51 is the proper way for you to implement any kind of customized update checker you might need.

my router is ac87u.

ai protection off, parental control off, dns filtering off, adaptive qos off, qos off, traffic statistic off,
dlna off, samba off, nfsd off, ftp off, no usb connected, usb modem off, time machine off,
ai cloud 2.0 all off.

but port forwarding is on.

HW Acceleration -> enabled (CTF only)

my router is ac87u.

ai protection off, parental control off, dns filtering off, adaptive qos off, qos off, traffic statistic off,
dlna off, samba off, nfsd off, ftp off, no usb connected, usb modem off, time machine off,
ai cloud 2.0 all off.

but port forwarding is on.

HW Acceleration -> enabled (CTF only)

ikr, I have same situation with you, off almost everything, but CTF only....

Just thought I'd chime in again, Merlin. 378.52 has been great, and the dual DNS servers from DHCP is a GODSEND. This is a feature I've wanted forever on every router. Being able to add Google DNS as a secondary to the ISP's is total win/win. Absolute game-changer for those with crappy DNS service from their provider.

Last edited:
_52 is the first version where USB printer service set up via "Asus EZ printer sharing" has worked perfectly on an RT-AC68u with both Windows 8.1/64 and Windows 10/64 bit client desktop computers. Plugged printer into an inexpensive SYBA USB3 hub (that was in turn plugged into the 'AC68u USB 2.0 port and has 2 other USB hard drives attached to it). For some reason in versions up till now in the case of this one particular network, an old USB printer was not reliably detected by the Asus EZ utility.

But now have again run the Asus EZ printer sharing utility, which within 30 seconds showed that it found some type of printer. A few seconds later, the Asus utility had set up a Windows virtual USB port, and so the Windows auto-installer kicked in, apparently because it had experienced the plugging in of a new USB device. Another minute and the old Brother laser printer was set up and ready to go. By default "Monopoly mode" enabled in the router status screens, don't know why we would ever change that.

Getting to be a fairly busy internet router, also supporting 4 SMB-shared hard drives (a USB hub with 2 drives into the router USB 2 port, plus a twin-drive USB 3 docking station into the 'AC68u USB 3 port), and a printer plugged in for several Windows clients. And nice ipV6 support with Cincinnati/USA TimeWarner RoadRunner internet.

Thanks, RMerlin.

_52 is the first version where USB printer service set up via "Asus EZ printer sharing" has worked perfectly on an RT-AC68u with both Windows 8.1/64 and Windows 10/64 bit client desktop computers.

Credit goes to either Asus (who are constantly improving their USB support with each new release) or to the contributor who recently provided patches for the parallel port emulator services.

AC66R on .52_2. i am seeing a discrepancy in the Network Map Client list.... for a wireless client, for a signal strength of 3 bars the word "good" appears above the wireless icon as seen in the attachment. If the signal strength moves to 2 bars or 4 bars no wording appears. i was able to replicate this on Chrome and IE. This is not during a "hover over" action either.

Attachments

• Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    13.3 KB · Views: 604
Not to be dense, but does this mean that ASUS has not opened this portion of code up for changes?

No, simply that making this configurable is a very low priority, and since this is a one-man project, I focus on things that are more important.

I'm getting a lot of logs like these on my AC87U although I'm not sure if this is 378.52.2 related.

Apr 7 23:15:52 smbd[635]: [2015/04/07 23:15:52.561994, 0] smbd/server.c:572(smbd_accept_connection)
Apr 7 23:15:52 smbd[635]: smbd_accept_connection: sys_fork() failed: Cannot allocate memory
Apr 7 23:15:52 smbd[635]: [2015/04/07 23:15:52.615954, 0] smbd/server.c:572(smbd_accept_connection)
Apr 7 23:15:52 smbd[635]: smbd_accept_connection: sys_fork() failed: Cannot allocate memory
Apr 7 23:15:52 smbd[635]: [2015/04/07 23:15:52.667796, 0]

I never enabled SMB before but I recently started using it since I want the router to be the Master Browser.

Guest account is disabled which is one of the reasons I want it to be the router. On any other device I have enabling the Master Browser requires the Guest account to be enabled too.

The first 24hours or so the router doesn't show any logs like these and all my SMB shares are visible on my network. Once this log appears the CPU starts to spike and all visible shares from my NAS and computers are gone but still accessible of course.

As longer the router is up as worst it gets and rarely I can't even access its GUI anymore and I have to pull the plug.

Hardreset/clearing NVRAM after upgrading has been done more than once.

i'm still getting a weird connection issue with my Samsung CLX-3305FW printer since 378.51, the 2.4G wifi printer can connected to the network and then disconnected within 5 seconds

factory reset my AC87U printer can connected to the open ASUS network
config SSID and WPA2 personal password disconnected again
tested connecting to guest network with password without any problem
clear printer network setting disconnected
restore printer default setting disconnected
changed ssid password disconnected
change "Network Key Rotation Interval" disconnected
manually config ip address on printer instead of DHCP disconnected

tried search the mac of the printer in logs, nothing in general logs and DHCP logs, can only see a unknown device in wireless log and then disappeared since its disconnected.

This is so weird, anyone has any idea to help me find out the root cause?

i've found someone else has the same issue but no resolution
http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/44377-43-asus-router-wpa2-connection-problem-samsung-printer

Last edited:
Just thought I'd chime in again, Merlin. 378.52 has been great, and the dual DNS servers from DHCP is a GODSEND. This is a feature I've wanted forever on every router. Being able to add Google DNS as a secondary to the ISP's is total win/win. Absolute game-changer for those with crappy DNS service from their provider.

You may find you don't even want to use your ISP's DNS, I recommend running DNSBench at various times during the day (and repeat another 1-2 times for that first week).

You may find you don't even want to use your ISP's DNS, I recommend running DNSBench at various times during the day (and repeat another 1-2 times for that first week).

Even that is a bit of a crap shoot. DNS servers are seeing the extra "attention" from tests like DNSBench, and it looks like they are implementing throttling if they see what they believe is too much activity from a site.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!