What's new

Asuswrt-Merlin 378.55 Beta is now available

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

is this inability to set a port forward just me, then? with the beta

Small update on this. I was about to flash the previous version and decided to try a factory reset, set everything up and adding port forwards works again now. Also it might be placebo but it seems to run faster (applying settings etc).

Good day Merlin,

FYI:

When i disable WAN connection by GUI for test "Enable WAN down browser redirect notice" function, router start redirect all URL to IP 10.0.0.1 ( default router ip is 192.168.1.1 ) :

Pinging google.com [10.0.0.1] with 32 bytes of data:
Request timed out.
Request timed out.
Request timed out.
Request timed out.

Ping statistics for 10.0.0.1:
Packets: Sent = 4, Received = 0, Lost = 4 (100% loss)

Could you fix it and make correct redirection ?

Good day Merlin,

FYI:

When i disable WAN connection by GUI for test "Enable WAN down browser redirect notice" function, router start redirect all URL to IP 10.0.0.1 ( default router ip is 192.168.1.1 ) :

Pinging google.com [10.0.0.1] with 32 bytes of data:
Request timed out.
Request timed out.
Request timed out.
Request timed out.

Ping statistics for 10.0.0.1:
Packets: Sent = 4, Received = 0, Lost = 4 (100% loss)

Could you fix it and make correct redirection ?

This is actually what the redirection does. It uses 10.0.0.1 with a special set of iptable rules to intercept client requests, and send them to the internal mini web/dns servers that handle the display of the error page. This is perfectly normal.

Did you check if the media database contains your entire media collection (or at least close to, as some files might still get skipped)?
Yes. I used to rename 'corrupted' movies using a "zzz"-prefix. Previous firmware scanned the entire collection until it got to the corrupted zzz-movies. Now with the beta-firmware I've even got the zzz-movies in my media collection. So yes, the media database contains the entire collection (>700 movies). Time to rename them again... ;)

Yes. I used to rename 'corrupted' movies using a "zzz"-prefix. Previous firmware scanned the entire collection until it got to the corrupted zzz-movies. Now with the beta-firmware I've even got the zzz-movies in my media collection. So yes, the media database contains the entire collection (>700 movies). Time to rename them again... ;)

Interesting. I wonder if it's the ffmpeg update that fixed that particular case - it's possible that ffmpeg does better error handling of corrupted files now.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!