What's new

Asuswrt-Merlin 378.56 is available

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Status
Not open for further replies.
After upgrading to 378.56 wan stays disconnected (ppoe to vlan 6, movistar spain)

378.55 and official 9177 connect without problem.

I've tried with and without factory reset and also manual and movistar profiles with no success.

I've read an user in adslzone.net with the same problem with 378.56 beta 2

RT-AC87U

Same here. Eric told me to wait for 378.56_2 later tonight.

everything looks good on my end, it still looks like you CANT delete client from the system if it not connected, there for if they device is broke and wont work anymore you need to factory reset to get completely gone.

Not sure why Mac client list for 2g/5g is seperate again it was better when the that list was for both. I like the reboot scheduling as been added to the gui

Figured out a odd issue with the latest firmware and windows 10.

A install of the latest windows 10 (Th2 is going to be out nov 10 to the public) doesn't quite like the firmware and palatially turns off network discovery.
Its appears on the surface that network discovery is still working but some of its services are turned off.

For any running into this here a a way to fix it hxxps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iHCu6lCWgSI.

This is windows 10 chaning the way it wroks and not fully testing it with hardware which is part of the reason the release of the new windows 10 got delayed from it nov 2 release date.

everything looks good on my end, it still looks like you CANT delete client from the system if it not connected, there for if they device is broke and wont work anymore you need to factory reset to get completely gone.

You can flush the two nvram setting that contains those entries. I'm not at home right now so I can't look up the two nvram values.

Not sure why Mac client list for 2g/5g is seperate again it was better when the that list was for both. I like the reboot scheduling as been added to the gui

No matter which scheme Asus chooses, some people will complain. I'm just sticking to whichever scheme they chose, because as far as I'm concerned, neither of the two methods are right or wrong - just a matter of personal preference. They both have their own pros and cons.

Installed 378.56_2 on my AC66U.

Solves my "ntp not syn" issue (like the previous test build did); DNScrypt working again :)

The "fix" is a bad hack however, it simply reverts to the original Asus code rather than track down the root cause and resolving it - I still can't reproduce the problem at all here, no matter what type of configuration I try.

The "fix" is a bad hack however,

It seems all the recent code builds are bad hacks. And i dont mean this against you Merlin because all you have to work with are Asus codes but honestly just look at all the issues one after the other good grief. Thank god for John's fork. What ever happened to having a router that routes instead of all these features that cause nothing but issues and problems. No Thanks... o_O

(Now the haters can slam my post before it's deleted.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!

Members online