What's new

Asuswrt-Merlin 378.56 is available

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Status
Not open for further replies.
OK thanks.. I neglected to scroll down to the bottom of the page thinking the newest release would be on the top. If I install this version, I presume I will need to do a reset of the router afterward and then set up the SSID's, etc. once again, correct?

It's probably better to do so since you are coming from a rather old Asus build.

Can /tmp/mDNSNetMonitor.log safely be deleted (mine is 55MB)? Will it be re-created by the process using it?

Thanks.

Not sure you'll be able to delete it since it's probably locked by the mDNSNetMonitor process, but you can give it a try.

Hello to everybody! I am new with RMerlin software (just purchased AC68U) and have one small question. Sorry if question was already discussed - i cannot find any FAQs or similar questions in this thread.
Installed Asuswrt-Merlin 378.56, for 3 days everything running very well. WAN in on gigabit IPoE (Automatic IP in case of this firmware), both Wi-Fi performing also nice. But have one small and not pleasent thing - DHCP Lease from provider is not renewing. Each morning WAN connection in done and helping only rebooting of router.
On previous router Asus RT-N56U (on Padavan firmware) it was an option to perform automatic check gateway with ARP pings. On Merlin 378.56 i found onlly DHCP query mode Normal or Agressive - both are not helping.
Could you please help how and where i can turn on such checking of DHCP gateway on WAN?

Access point
is not Repeater Mode.
I use the 5GHZ for the Repeater connection. And an all two Routers the same SID for every Band.
This has always worked to 378.54_2

It's unclear to me what caused this problem, but I deleted my ssh authentication key using the nvram unset command, and then pasted the same key again via the GUI.

The problems with the SSIDs disappeared, and it is not trying to log me out a few moments after I login.

As there was at least one episode of the router locking prior to this problem I suspect NVRAM corruption. However, I can't replicate it at this time.

Bug Report: Automatically logged out consistently when clicking on either of the SSIDs next to the firmware version at the top of the page. This has been on 56 and later builds derived from the git as the mdnsresponder RAM problem was severe for me. This is on the RT-AC56U after full factory reset and manual entering of settings into the GUI.

This also occurs randomly upon login, and often when attempting to change settings, and is essentially is similar to a problem described in beta 2.

Pablo

A few more details, native IPv6, sshd enabled, estdst corrected for November, guest network on 2.4ghz band but I do not allow assess to non-guest connections, 5ghz band disabled, and QoS is enabled using the A/V mode choice.

dnsmasq is somewhat more configured than other might be, but nothing that I regard as extreme. I know that it has been made more tolerant of certain errors, but my configuration starts fine.

Apologies if this has been mentioned, there are a lot of posts on this thread.
Just upgraded to 378.56_0 today.
Previously running run on previous release 378.55.
I run a DUAL-WAN setup using Load balance. 1 WAN is on the WAN port, the other WAN is on Ethernet LAN 1.

I can't get any sort of WAN going on Ethernet LAN1 now, even when I disable dual-wan and use it as my sole source of WAN, it doesn't work.

I am currently running single WAN on my WAN port.

Is there a solution or should I drop back to 378.55?

Forgot to mention AC-68U and on the network status page, both WAN's state they are connected.

Last edited:
Apologies if this has been mentioned, there are a lot of posts on this thread.
Just upgraded to 378.56_0 today.
Previously running run on previous release 378.55.
I run a DUAL-WAN setup using Load balance. 1 WAN is on the WAN port, the other WAN is on Ethernet LAN 1.

I can't get any sort of WAN going on Ethernet LAN1 now, even when I disable dual-wan and use it as my sole source of WAN, it doesn't work.

I am currently running single WAN on my WAN port.

Is there a solution or should I drop back to 378.55?
I think you should drop to 378.55 until 378.56_2 is out.

Sent from my Nexus 9 using Tapatalk

Hello all,

First I am a big fan of the Merlin firmware. Always working superb !!

I have noticed one problem. I am using the RT-AC87U for 5 months now. But when I got last month my new Phone (samsung galaxy S6) it connects at 844 mbps with the router. This is super. Unfortunaly it kept disconnecting when Phone is in sleepmode. After last update this was gone and the connection is 100 % stable.

I have noticed that I have a huge battery drain when connected to the 5 ghz network. When I look at "battery monitor widget pro" on my Phone I am using 450 mA in sleep mode. When I connect to 2,4 ghz the usage drops to 18 mA. My Phone will last 8 hours when on 5 ghz and 2 days when I am on 2,4 ghz.

Does anyone have the same problem ? I tested my girlfriends Phone (also S6) and it has the same issue.

I am on last build with several factory defaults, Original Asus firmware has the same issue. Don't no what i can do more ! someone any idee ?

Does anyone have the same problem ? I tested my girlfriends Phone (also S6) and it has the same issue.

I am on last build with several factory defaults, Original Asus firmware has the same issue. Don't no what i can do more ! someone any idee ?
Hi,

The Smartphones are lacking support for Asus' Beamforming functionality - just disable it on the Professional part of the Wireless settings.

With kind regards
Joe :cool:

Hello all,

First I am a big fan of the Merlin firmware. Always working superb !!

I have noticed one problem. I am using the RT-AC87U for 5 months now. But when I got last month my new Phone (samsung galaxy S6) it connects at 844 mbps with the router. This is super. Unfortunaly it kept disconnecting when Phone is in sleepmode. After last update this was gone and the connection is 100 % stable.

I have noticed that I have a huge battery drain when connected to the 5 ghz network. When I look at "battery monitor widget pro" on my Phone I am using 450 mA in sleep mode. When I connect to 2,4 ghz the usage drops to 18 mA. My Phone will last 8 hours when on 5 ghz and 2 days when I am on 2,4 ghz.

The battery drain problem is a well documented issue with some devices connected to the 5GHz band on the RT-AC87. Asus is aware and working on the problem. As a work-around, it is recommended to use the 2.4GHz band on those devices which have the battery drain problem on 5GHz. Here is a thread that talks about the issue: http://www.snbforums.com/threads/asus-rt-ac87u-3-0-0-4_378_7449-unofficial-beta-firmware.26056/

Ignore the prior messages, I found the real problem. I use a hostname to log into my router. When using the hostname which is defined in the hosts file, the router will always log me out when clicking on the SSIDs. Except for local host information, my hosts file does not include any of the addresses predefined by asus, e.g. 192.168.1.1 router.

This does not occur when using the IP address to log into the router in the first place.

Pablo

It's unclear to me what caused this problem, but I deleted my ssh authentication key using the nvram unset command, and then pasted the same key again via the GUI.

The problems with the SSIDs disappeared, and it is not trying to log me out a few moments after I login.

As there was at least one episode of the router locking prior to this problem I suspect NVRAM corruption. However, I can't replicate it at this time.

Hi, long time since issues with Merlin build. .56 did couse issues though. Running a rt-ac66u.
Came from .55, loved when mac filtrering got merged for 2.4 and 5ghz.
On this build they are seperated again. All my filters were dublicated on both 2.4 and 5 after update and i could not remove devices. I have rolled back to .55 were all worked great.

Ignore the prior messages, I found the real problem. I use a hostname to log into my router. When using the hostname which is defined in the hosts file, the router will always log me out when clicking on the SSIDs. Except for local host information, my hosts file does not include any of the addresses predefined by asus, e.g. 192.168.1.1 router.

This does not occur when using the IP address to log into the router in the first place.

Pablo

Don't define it in the host file, the firmware has no way of knowing that it's the correct hostname. Set it on the LAN page instead.

Testing on both AC66U and AC68U.
On AC66U the firmware revision shows after flashing : 378.56_0 and on AC68U : 378.56_1-gd825aae

AC66U is setup as access point, I don't know if it can cause this glitch.

Means it wasn't successfully flashed. Reboot the router with no USB disk plugged, then flash again.

It has been defined both on the LAN page and in the hosts file for some time, and its only with v.56 that this has appeared. It was capitalized in both locations, and I tried lowercase on lan page and in hosts file, cleared the browser and dns caches and still have the same problem. Prior to this I did resets and mrt-erase2 nvram before tracking into the problem.

When using the host name:

1. It also automatically logs me out, if I don't select any other page within a few seconds after login.
2. It will often not allow any changes to be applied from the page (I see the apply.cgi form for a moment), and then throws me back to the login page.
3. The SSIDs will log you out.

Thanks!

Pablo

Don't define it in the host file, the firmware has no way of knowing that it's the correct hostname. Set it on the LAN page instead.

I have the same battery drain problem with my EA-AC87, same that happen with ac87 router. The problem is quanntena wifi drivers, that dont have implemented power saving mode on 5ghz. Other manufacturer´s routers with same quanntena hardware have the same issue so we have to wait and pray for new driver for hardware manufacturer and hope asus implement it on future firmwares.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!