What's new

Asuswrt-Merlin 380.57 is now available

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Some people reported having issues with the 2.4 GHz band with this new SDK - if that's your case, the only solution at this time is to revert back to 378.56_2.

Congrats on the latest release RMerlin and happy holidays to you and everyone here on the forums! :D

I wanted to bring everyone up to date on the 2.4 GHz band bug I reported to you last week which prevents any device connected to the 2.4 band on my 68U rev. B1 from sending or receiving data over our internet connection. A few of our devices are unable to connect to the router at all using the 2.4 side, and those that are able to connect display a TX Rate of "1" and an RX Rate of "-" for the duration of that device's connection to the 2.4 GHz side of the 68U B1 as long as either the latest ASUS or your new release version of Merlin firmware is installed on the router. The 5 GHz band is totally unaffected with all devices connected to that band performing normally. Including any device that could not connect to the internet using the 2.4 GHz band.

I contacted ASUS about this problem immediately after a brand new replacement 68U from Amazon was found to demonstrate identical behavior upon the flashing of ASUS factory firmware version "380_1031" posted to the ASUS support site on 2015/12/11.

An ASUS support staff member contacted me via email this past Tuesday and asked me to email them a copy of my settings file that was associated with this issue. I sent them a copy of this settings file immediately and am now awaiting a report from their senior tech manager on the exact cause of the issue and when we can expect an update to whatever software component is found to be responsible for this issue. Since we had a change to both the SDK and the wireless drivers, it could take longer to track down the problem than is typical, but they now have everything they need to easily produce the problem any time they want.

I got the impression from the conversation that they were already aware of this issue, and appeared to be quite pleased when I informed them that my settings file could reproduce the 2.4 band failure on demand as long as 1031 and all associated software components were installed on the test router.

Lastly... I can only confirm this issue with the rev. B1 version of the 68U since this is the only model we have ever had access to. This is the 68U that comes with the 1000 Mhz CPU out of the box.

Cheers.

Last edited:
just newbie question here! should i set up daily reboot or not?? thanks in advance

PS: rt-ac87u

If it's working fine leave it running. And if for some reason, a daily reboot is necessary, it would be best, if possible, to try to find out why, rather than merely treat the symptoms. If it ain't broke... applies.

Last edited:
Yes, I know that, but this time I think the router hasn't even tried to reboot itself as usual, so the problem hasn't occured during the reboot process, but immediately after the flashing process indicator turned to "Firmware upgrade is done. Please reboot RT-AC56U manually.". Well, looks like I'll have to live without my movies and live tv for the holidays... :(

In

http://www.snbforums.com/threads/firmware-upgrade-gone-wrong.28763/#post-220979

Hawk mentions Asus firmware restoration software. Perhaps that would get you back on track.

Merry Christmas Merlin to you and all contributors to the forum.. Thanks again for new firmware..

Sent from my LG-H955 using Tapatalk

I would like to propose an extra Christmas donation to Merlin for his many hours of work. Thanks again Merlin. You absolutely rocks.

Everything seems to be working here by the way AC87U, even bridge mode AC66U.

Last edited:
I got some trouble due to the german translation of the gui: I tried to update may RT-AC66U from 378.56_2 to 380.57_0, but I got an error like this: unable to flash firmware because of error due to connection or wrong package. First I thought of a corrupt package, but redownload didn't solve the problem. Finally changing the language from 'German' to 'English' solved my problem and i was able to flash the update. After the successful update I could change the language back to 'German' without any problems...

If it's working fine leave it running. And if for some reason, a daily reboot is necessary, it would be best, if possible, to try to find out why, rather than merely treat the symptoms. If it ain't broke... applies.
I am in mode of needing daily reboots and would love some suggestions on how to determine why as opposed to treating the symptoms. My 87u would become unresponsive almost every night. lights all on normally but couldn't gain access even thru a wired port. had to power cycle it which played hell on my attached usb HD. Running 378.56_2.

thanks

I am in mode of needing daily reboots and would love some suggestions on how to determine why as opposed to treating the symptoms. My 87u would become unresponsive almost every night. lights all on normally but couldn't gain access even thru a wired port. had to power cycle it which played hell on my attached usb HD. Running 378.56_2.

thanks
We must respect Merlin's wishes to keep the topic limited to the new firmware. Similar symptoms cropped up before several times eg
http://www.snbforums.com/threads/ac68u-frequently-dying-on-me.29107/#post-223657
http://www.snbforums.com/threads/have-to-manually-power-down-after-rebooting.29031/#post-223315

I would like to propose an extra Christmas donation to Merlin for his many hours of work. Thanks again Merlin. You absolutely rocks.

Everything seems to be working here by the way AC87U, even bridge mode AC66U.

Agreed! Both that my AC88U is working great and Merlin well deserves a Christmas bonus!

In case folks don't know how to do this, simply click this link and look for the Donation button on the left side:

http://asuswrt.lostrealm.ca/

I have revision A1 (white sticker on the back) and 2.4Ghz radio is borked.
Devices are connected but the 2.4GHz radio won't pass DHCP information.

Factory-default reset plus multiple restarts - everything else working great including 5GHz.

AC68U
Firmware: 380.57, coming from 378.56_2
CPU Model: ARMv7 Processor rev 0 (v7l)
CPU Frequency: 800 MHz

Maybe Asus will release an update.

Dear. Merlin
I test ICMP ping
1. official 378 and Merlin 380.57
Incomming Wan ping loss (0.1~1%)

2. official beta 380.381 and Merlin 378.56 + 378.55
Incomming Wan ping loss 0%

Help...

I have revision A1 (white sticker on the back) and 2.4Ghz radio is borked.
Devices are connected but the 2.4GHz radio won't pass DHCP information.

Factory-default reset plus multiple restarts - everything else working great including 5GHz.

AC68U
Firmware: 380.57, coming from 378.56_2
CPU Model: ARMv7 Processor rev 0 (v7l)
CPU Frequency: 800 MHz

Maybe Asus will release an update.

RT-AC68U Rev. A1, no issues, both Wireless bands work fine.

Happy holidays.

i'm get kinda tired with 87u. online gaming is lag even tho it's only some games on my iPhone. 2.4ghz is fine but 5ghz is really shirtty when it comes to game apps. wondering if any suggestion on 5ghz?? greatly appreciated!

First of all, merry xmas to everyome, and a special thanks to Merlin!

Are SDK and Wifi driver of this version the same of previous alpha test builds?

Because I already restore to factory settings before a test build, and I would like flash this release on my ac68u without a new factory reset :)

I did a nvram flush and started from scratch. I updated to new version but every time and the 2.4 started working. However no matter what setting I changed it killed the 2.4 and I had to restore. That time I added QOS. I then tried to change the settings for IPTraffic and the 2.4 died again. I reverted back to 56_2 and everything is stable. The new ASUS radio for me for the 68U is not functioning properly.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!