What's new

Asuswrt-Merlin 380.57 is now available

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Hi
Router RT-AC68U (800MHz) Poland
When you run the media server is not working sync (smart sync) dropboxa. You must reset the router then everything starts working to disable/enable the DLNA media server time (but the problem stretches for some time now)
upload_2016-1-2_22-25-0.png

upload_2016-1-2_22-25-22.png

Last edited:
... and turning "SIP Passsthrough" damages proper SIP response from the device in all such cases.

The digest is wrong due to data being altered so auth fails. SIP alg's should never be used as almost all carriers depend on auth. The router doesn't know the shared secret so can not generate a correct digest. The point of the digest is to prove there was no man in the middle altering data!

Plus also most alg's do not support all known sip protocols so may miss some data, so you end up with half "fixed" and half left wrong but with all of it with wrong digest.

Unless a router wants to be a session border controller for sip(in essence a sip proxy), it should not touch the data.

The sip client as you said should fill sip messages with external IP, the routers nat will fix IP headers only.

ps Most voip providers run SBC that can manage your sip data containing only your internal IP.

I'm unable to put much time on this project these days due to personal reasons, but I figured it was past time that I at least wrap up the current development code and issue an official release. Asuswrt-Merlin 380.57 is now available for all supported models. This release adds support for the RT-AC88U, RT-AC3100 and RT-AC5300.

A factory default reset is required specifically for the RT-AC68U, due to the switch to a new SDK + wireless driver. Some people reported having issues with the 2.4 GHz band with this new SDK - if that's your case, the only solution at this time is to revert back to 378.56_2.

Changes:
Code:
380.57 (24-Dec-2015)
    - NEW: Merged with 380_1031 GPL
    - NEW: Added RT-AC3100 and RT-AC5300 support
    - NEW: Added RT-AC68U HW Revision C1 support
    - NEW: Backup/Restore of the content of the JFFS
           partition (under Administration Restore/Save Settings)
    - NEW: Added DNSSEC support.  Can be enabled under LAN -> DHCP.
    - NEW: Added custom/postconf support for igmpproxy.conf.
    - CHANGED: Increased user account limit from 16 to 32 on
               the VPN server pages.
    - CHANGED: Updated e2fsprogs to 1.42.13
    - CHANGED: Increased maximum entries in Parental Control
               (time scheduler) to 32.
    - CHANGED: Updated miniupnpd to 1.9.20151119.
    - CHANGED: Updated Openssl to 1.0.2e.
    - CHANGED: Downgraded Dropbear to 2014.66, too many issues in
               the newer releases.
    - CHANGED: Improvements to VPN Status page
    - FIXED: CTF not automatically disabled when enabling IPTraffic.
    - FIXED: Openvpn clients 3 through 5 were all run on the first
             CPU core.  They are now properly alternated like the
             first two (odd on CPU1, even on CPU0)
    - FIXED: smb.log generated by networkmap could fill up RAM
    - FIXED: upnpc_xml.log generated by miniupnpc could fill up RAM
    - FIXED: Inconsistant names used on IPTraffic and Sysinfo page.
             Now, we give priority to any description manually entered
             on the networkmap, followed by static hostname, then any
             current (lease) hostname.
   - FIXED: MAC queries sent to the OUI database were broken due to
            changes on the IEEE website
   - FIXED: Applying changes to OpenVPN client page would start the
            client even if it was disabled/stopped.

Please keep discussions in this thread specifically to this release and its changes.

Downloads are here.
Changelog is here.

Thank you Merlin for all the hard work and dedication over the years on this project! It makes the "iron" more than a doorstop.

What doesn't make sense exactly? Same base, why does rmerlin suggest wipe and not asus? Is rmerlin just being extra cautious or is there a different specific reason?
Anytime a new SDK or WiFi driver is involved a reset to defaults is virtually a must. To have both changed in the same firmware and not reset to defaults is just plain dumb! Since doing a reset after flashing 380.57_0 on my AC87U my new Note 5 is connecting to both bands without issues. Before, performance on the 2.4 GHz band sucked and the 5 GHz band was unusable. Now everything just works! Thanks Eric!

Is IPv6 traffic slow down common with 380.57?
There's so many factors that can influence speed.... No I don't experience slow down that can be traced back to the firmware. Your ISP or DNS provider could be the more likely culprit....

After Upgrade my RT-AC87U im not more able to connect to some Websites. i disabled Nat Loopback i chanced the Settings form asus to merlin with no affact. with *.56_2 Firmware it worked

After Upgrade my RT-AC87U im not more able to connect to some Websites. i disabled Nat Loopback i chanced the Settings form asus to merlin with no affact. with *.56_2 Firmware it worked
Did a factory reset, powercycle?

Strange that only some websites are affected.

1. Is the result the same even when you use a different browser on the same device?
2. Does the same thing happen when you use a different device?
3. Have you tried a different DNS provider? For example, if you are using Google's 8.8.8.8, try OpenDNS' 208.67. 222.222 and 208.67.220.220.
4. And when you restored your router to factory default settings, how did you put your settings back, e.g. manually or John's nvram save/restore facility.....?

Strange that only some websites are affected.

1. Is the result the same even when you use a different browser on the same device? Yes its on every device and wich every Browser which connects to the Asus Router
2. Does the same thing happen when you use a different device?
3. Have you tried a different DNS provider? For example, if you are using Google's 8.8.8.8, try OpenDNS' 208.67. 222.222 and 208.67.220.220. I have tried, but without any reason
4. And when you restored your router to factory default settings, how did you put your settings back, e.g. manually or John's nvram save/restore facility.....? I don´t restore, always do a new configuration.

Ist also not possibile with the Firmware to do the remotedesktop. when is use my mobile phone as hot spot everthing works, and when i Flash the asus with dd-wrt it works. but i dont want dd-wrt :-(

1: Yes its on every device and wich every Browser which connects to the Asus Router
3: I have tried, but without any reason
4: I don´t restore,I always do a new configuration

Ist also not possibile with the Firmware to do the remotedesktop. when is use my mobile phone as hot spot everthing works, and when i Flash the asus with dd-wrt it works. but i dont want dd-wrt :-(

1: Yes its on every device and wich every Browser which connects to the Asus Router
3: I have tried, but without any reason
4: I don´t restore,I always do a new configuration

No issues like that over here....

I flashed the new firmware to my AC56U remotely, but now I can't reach the router. The webpage told me after the flash completed that I should restart the router manually - which I obviously can not do right now - and ever since I haven't been able to reach the router. Is there a way I can fix this? This is really frustrating, because if I recall correctly all the previous builds restarted the router automatically after flashing...
I checked on the router today and it was still on 378.56_2, I tried to flash 380.57 again (redownloaded it first to make sure the firmware file is not corrupted) but it stayed at 378.56_2 even after reboot, so I think I'll stay at this firmware for now (I had to revert to 378.56_2, because the new firmware screwed up something in the router, it could not connect to WAN - that's why I couldn't reach it remotely). Maybe a factory reset and setting up everything from scratch would make it working with the latest firmware, but I don't have time currently to reconfigure everything.

I had 2 problems ( I reset the router after flash the new FW, AC88U).
1. both 2.4G and 5G radios were disabled by themselves, and I have no clue.
2. Router stalled twice

I checked on the router today and it was still on 378.56_2, I tried to flash 380.57 again (redownloaded it first to make sure the firmware file is not corrupted) but it stayed at 378.56_2 even after reboot, so I think I'll stay at this firmware for now (I had to revert to 378.56_2, because the new firmware screwed up something in the router, it could not connect to WAN - that's why I couldn't reach it remotely). Maybe a factory reset and setting up everything from scratch would make it working with the latest firmware, but I don't have time currently to reconfigure everything.

I'd suggest that you do a factory reset to defaults before flashing (as well as after) a new release if you find your flash stayed on the same firmware release. This has helped me. On the other hand, I'm also on 378.56_2 at this point, waiting for a new version of 378.57 *smile*. 378.56_2 is working really well for me.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!