What's new

Release Asuswrt-Merlin 384.19 is now available

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Status
Not open for further replies.
yes, there was at least one other post earlier in this thread reporting that even when they did a backup/restore of the JFFS partition they had some corruption issues, and had to do a full re-format of the JFFS partition.
Most users have been forced to reformat JFFS following any issues. While it appears that posts are limited to RT-AC86Us, I actually experienced the same problem on an RT-AX88U (only one of six that I updated to .19 Beta). Reformatting and restoring JFFS from backup was the ONLY resolution to fix VPN servers.

anyone know if by any chance this version 384.19 has the 9566 commits on the AX88U? really looking forward on getting the WAN link aggregation working on 1Gbps WAN without all the errors

1597781351974.png

3. Adaptive QOS | Bandwidth Monitor When leaving open this TAB for long periods of time, the graphs disappear, and are left with just the needles and the UL/DL Speeds (I use this to watch if my internet traffic spikes
4. Adaptive QOS | Bandwidth Monitor the "Show by" status when changed to "1 Gbps", it changes it sometimes back to "10 Gbps", not sure why?
I confirm I see both 3 and 4
1597785053621.png

Weird error viewed when upgrading 384.18 to 384.19 ... it says it failed, but then proceeds to go through the process and reboot the unit. Sure enough, it rebooted to 384.18

Screen Shot 2020-08-18 at 2.31.04 PM.png

Redoing the exact same upgrade with the exact same file worked, no problems.

Also, after upgrade to 384.19 it is claiming there is new firmware available? Doesn't appear to be true...

Screen Shot 2020-08-18 at 7.02.05 PM.png

Great recommendation! When going into airplane mode it activated itself immediately. So I guess it's do to the signal level.
Some cellular providers (I'm looking at you Verizon) specifically force phones on their network NOT to use WiFi calling if there is a cellular signal, no matter how poor. The phones will drop calls repeatedly or cut out parts of conversations rather than use your WiFi. In Android 7 you could force Verizon phones to use WiFi calling with a little ADB 'hack' which is why I have spent three years dismissing several alerts a day asking me to update my version of Android.

after update my AX88U to this version, my intel ax200 pcie card no internet connection when connect to 5ghz wifi. 2.4ghz no issues. I tried reinstall wifi driver, reset router, still no lucky. Anyone has the same problem?

My log is filled with these:
Code:
Aug 18 23:01:17 RT-AC86U-8F38 kernel: jffs2: Data CRC af94ce98 != calculated CRC e3a68f58 for node at 01d5b6ac
Aug 18 23:01:17 RT-AC86U-8F38 kernel: jffs2: read_cache_page() returned error: -5
Aug 18 23:01:17 RT-AC86U-8F38 kernel: jffs2: Error garbage collecting node at 01d5b6ac!

When I ran amtm, diversion returned "cant remove '/jffs/.ash.history': no space left on device.

Anybody got any ideas? Just found this after a couple of clients couldn't connect to the internet today.
I created a different label this time when I put a new usb drive in. Could some old code be lingering from the restore and hanging up on account of the name difference?
I've rebooted, dont' know what else to try.
tia,
jts

after update my AX88U to this version, my intel ax200 pcie card no internet connection when connect to 5ghz wifi. 2.4ghz no issues. I tried reinstall wifi driver, reset router, still no lucky. Anyone has the same problem?
my ax200 connects fine to 5GHz on my AX88 with 384.19. do you have latest drivers on the ax200?

My log is filled with these:
Code:
Aug 18 23:01:17 RT-AC86U-8F38 kernel: jffs2: Data CRC af94ce98 != calculated CRC e3a68f58 for node at 01d5b6ac
Aug 18 23:01:17 RT-AC86U-8F38 kernel: jffs2: read_cache_page() returned error: -5
Aug 18 23:01:17 RT-AC86U-8F38 kernel: jffs2: Error garbage collecting node at 01d5b6ac!

When I ran amtm, diversion returned "cant remove '/jffs/.ash.history': no space left on device.

Anybody got any ideas? Just found this after a couple of clients couldn't connect to the internet today.
I created a different label this time when I put a new usb drive in. Could some old code be lingering from the restore and hanging up on account of the name difference?
I've rebooted, dont' know what else to try.
tia,
jts

Did you try the steps below?

[Release] Asuswrt-Merlin 384.19 is now available

IMPORTANT: due to a flash partition layout change from Asus on the RT-AC86U, the JFFS partition content for that model may be missing or corrupted following the upgrade to 384.19. Make sure you make a backup of your JFFS partition before upgrading. If you run into issues, then reformat the JFFS partition (don`t forget to reboot), then restore your JFFS backup

After some proves if i install diversion and skynet the ax88-u crash randomly. Nothing in the log, sometimes reboot, other not response and have to turn off.

do we know what;s the use of the "asusnat tunnel"?
thx

EDIT: found this:
"Only enable Asusnat tunnel if you use IFTTT or Alexa or ASUS application on cell phones."
"ASUS NAT tunnel make it possible to access router in the wan side of router, even under NAT."
"Some features use it, such as ASUS router APP."

^^^ Thanks! All these years and this is the first time I've encountered this dubious setting. Maybe it should default to "Enable" which means turn off this daemon as you said. It took me a while to locate it. It's hiding here: Tools > Other Settings > (scroll down to this section) Advanced Tweaks and Hacks

^^^ Thanks! All these years and this is the first time I've encountered this dubious setting. Maybe it should default to "Enable" which means turn off this daemon as you said. It took me a while to locate it. It's hiding here: Tools > Other Settings > (scroll down to this section) Advanced Tweaks and Hacks
and it sounds like a security risk.

Do you all think it's OK to do a dirty update from 384.17 straight to 484.19? Or should I go to 384.18 first?

I am running an AI mesh with AX58U router and AC5100 node.

Thanks for all advice.

Last edited:
Make sure you load the latest driver from Intel. Intel fixed some reconnect issues with this release:

I tried to, but may have missed something. I will try it again today.
thanks,
jts

Definitely all the issues you've posted on the forum recently look like JFFS corruption which is a known issue on 384.19 + AC86U.

You needed to have done the JFFS backup thingy as per the firmware installation instructions ... if you didn't, you are going to have to wipe your JFFS partition and start over, otherwise you'll just get more and more JFFS corruption as time goes on, and it will cause issues with your custom scripts etc....

On my AC88U my VPN Client couldn't connect (it wasn't the -1 setting), after factory reset, formatting /jffs and restoring with help of the OUTSTANDING Nsrun utility the problems were solved.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!