What's new

Release Asuswrt-Merlin 384.19 is now available

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you have your 5GHz set the control channel to auto channel then it changes to one of the DFS channel that your clients doesn't support, your clients will not connect to that channel.
Control channel has always been manually set (149 for 5Ghz).

1598038546090.png

Any chance of dual wan being fixed? It's currently broken on newer firmwares I had to downgrade to 380.69_2. It works fine for WAN and USB device but is non functional for WAN/LAN1 load balancing, failover is wonky too.

Any chance of dual wan being fixed? It's currently broken on newer firmwares I had to downgrade to 380.69_2. It works fine for WAN and USB device but is non functional for WAN/LAN1 load balancing, failover is wonky too.
Just a couple of my favorite posts on wanduck:

i seen openvpn is updated to 2.5.2 which comes with some fixes anyway to add that to the next build? i believe openvpn is only at 2.4.9 on your builds

Hi 2 all!

What am I doing wrong?
Subgect: AC86U and 384.19 on a board.

I want to use 42 channel and 80MHz bandwidth manualy. But it always use it own: channel: 36/80.
1.JPG

2.JPG

Last edited:
I did exactly that (hit apply after disabling custom scripts, then checked format after next reboot, then apply, then rebooted twice waiting 10min between). The JFFS did appear to be formatted correctly; webui showed no jffs partition, AMTM was asking to be installed (fresh) after I re-enabled scripts and ssh'd in, etc. It appears that the problems start a few hours after I restore my jffs backup. For the record, I'm running amtm, qos, diversion (with ps-tls), skynet, yazfi, connmon, ntpmerlin, uidivstats, and martineau's ipcamblocker script. I also have DOT and an ovpn server setup. I even tried the whole thing again with a factory reset to be sure; it keeps getting back to the same state of jffs errors.

Most of the arduous configs of course are in nvram (settings backup). So if I had to redo all my scripts I'm OK with that. I am worried that my combination of configurations/scripts may be causing my router to not upgrade jffs properly for .19. I've read lots of folks having no issues with their ac86u's going to .19, and reports from folks who had no troubles after formatting and restoring jffs. Not sure why mine doesn't seem to be 'taking' like the rest. To make matters worse, I've got 3 kids in distance learning right now. So uptime is critical, and my window of opportunity to work on things is limited to what normally would be my sleeping hours. This has made me consider getting a 'backup router', but bad timing for that with real wifi6 gear 'round the corner.
Maybe don't restore the jffs partition from backup? After creating jffs, manually reinstall scripts using amtm. Any scripts can be manually restored by selectively restoring files from the backup to jffs using SSH client.

Last edited:
my intel ax200 pc cannot connect to 5g while the laptop which use the same intel ax200 chipset can connect without issues.

Then you most likely don't have the same driver installed on both. Check what version you are using.

this may be a silly question, I need to configure the option 'Access Control' with asuswrt FW. where can I find that?

Access control to what exactly?

Have TWO RT-AC88U - one as a router, the other as a node.
Router is running Merlin 384.17
Node is running ASUS 3.0.0.4.385.20490

Just upgraded the node which appears to be without issue to Merlin 384.19

So now...
Router - Merlin 384.17
Node - Merlin 384.19

Should I be aware of any glitches/concerns? Shall I let this bake in for a few hours/days before upgrading the router to 384.19?

Been over a week since the upgrade... all good so far...

MG4krdy.png

Then you most likely don't have the same driver installed on both. Check what version you are using.

Access control to what exactly?

thank you for ur reply. one of my devices @ home has a limitation. one of the online forum suggested 'Access control' (in Advance Tab/Security) option on asus router may have to do w the limitation. disabling it may help resolve the limitation. I am not sure where to find the 'Access control' option in the webgui

@RMerlin

Hi,
does this version 384.19 also include beta 2?
Has the CPU high temperature issue also been partially optimized for the RT-AC68U?
In my RT-AC68U router with firmware 384.17 is it necessary to backup your JFFS partition before upgrading since it has never been necessary until now?

I thank

@RMerlin

Hi,
does this version 384.19 also include beta 2?
Has the CPU high temperature issue also been partially optimized for the RT-AC68U?
In my RT-AC68U router with firmware 384.17 is it necessary to backup your JFFS partition before upgrading since it has never been necessary until now?

I thank
Temp about 80dgr is normal.
Have you read changelog?
384.19 (14-Aug-2020)
- NOTE: Due to flash partitioning changes done by Asus, it is
strongly recommended to make a backup of your JFFS
partition before upgrading the RT-AC86U, and restoring
that backup afterward. If you run into issues,
reformat your JFFS partition and reboot.

Well, I have found interesting bug today, I upgraded my RT-AC88U to .19 yesterday.
I have NAS QNAP where 2 NICs were aggregated into 1, in QNAP it is called port trunking. This configuration had been working for ages but today I suddenly found that QNAP does not have connection to the Internet. 3 hours of useless troubleshooting on QNAP finished with downgrade to 384.18 and Internet connection was established.

On Asus I enabled manual IP assignment and QNAP was using 192.168.1.10. During troubleshooting I broke port trunking on QNAP and 2nd NIC got automatic IP 192.168.1.24 Qnap showed that Internet gateway is assigned to 2nd NIC 192.168.1.24 while 1st NIC 192.168.1.10 does not have connection to the Internet. I checked Skynet, system logs whatever I could check on Asus but did not find anything obviously pointing to blocking on Asus. Enabling port trunking ended up with no Internet on QNAP again while IP terminates with .10
I forced manual IP configuration for trunk link to another IP 192.168.1.19 and Internet was connected. Moving back to .10 - no Internet.
I manually assigned 192.168.1.10 to iPhone - no connection, no Internet. That's how I got to idea about downgrade to 384.18.
What do you think? What particularly could happen to 192.168.1.10?

Last edited:
Walked in last night, 86U running .18 was bricked..........removed usb, several nuke resets later, I updated to .19.
No wireless, 2 or 5 G notta, no internet access either..
Another nuke reset and again upload .19. So far this am 86u seems happy? However, after formatting new USB with Linux box to ext4, AMTM no go.
View attachment 25624

Yes, can resolve both sites via wired. Manual script to push update amtm ?

Maybe back to .17 as it was rock solid.

Thx
I had to change router IP to .254 in order to get these to resolve.

thank you for ur reply. one of my devices @ home has a limitation. one of the online forum suggested 'Access control' (in Advance Tab/Security) option on asus router may have to do w the limitation. disabling it may help resolve the limitation. I am not sure where to find the 'Access control' option in the webgui

No idea what they are talking about. The only "access control" in the router is the Wireless MAC filter, which can blacklist or whitelist MACs. If you can connect, then this has nothing to do with your problems.

Temp about 80dgr is normal.
Have you read changelog?

Hi,
a clarification, is it enough to save a backup file of your JFFS without resorting to Install NVRAM Save / Restore Utility?
thank you

Attachments

• 1.PNG
    1.PNG
    198.7 KB · Views: 133
Yes, that is all that is required.

A little further guidance if you need it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!