What's new

Release Asuswrt-Merlin 386.2 is now available

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone having trouble with mesh nodes? My router wifi (2 and 5ghz) has an uptime of 3 days and the 5 ghz on the node also 3 days uptime but the 2.4 on the node has dropped.View attachment 32910
Hi @banger, how did you check the AP Uptime? I can't find this anywhere. I would like to check mine because it seems my node drops sometimes.

I had a problem with logging in. Worked after the install, but sometime after that I was unable to do it. After few tries, got a captcha additionally and it didn't work as well. Tried with ssh, worked just fine. Restarted the router, it worked just fine.
AX88U,

Hi @banger, how did you check the AP Uptime? I can't find this anywhere. I would like to check mine because it seems my node drops sometimes.
I used Winfi Lite on my PC which tells you AP uptime, also Wifi Analyzer from windows store is a free app which under the network tab tells you AP uptime.

Just login into your node using the same credentials you use for your main router and type:

Code:
uptime

and it’ll show you the uptime and some additional info like load average.

Code:
marco@RT-AC68U_WHITE7130:/tmp/home/root# uptime
19:13:23 up 2 days, 12:21,  load average: 0.21, 0.08, 0.06

Last edited:
Just login into your node using the same credentials you use for your main router and type:

Code:
uptime

and it’ll show you the uptime and some additional info like load average.

Code:
marco@RT-AC68U_WHITE7130:/tmp/home/root# uptime
19:13:23 up 2 days, 12:21,  load average: 0.21, 0.08, 0.06
With all due respect that shows the OS Uptime not actual AP uptime which can vary.

I used Winfi Lite on my PC which tells you AP uptime, also Wifi Analyzer from windows store is a free app which under the network tab tells you AP uptime.
Winfi Lite is pretty cool. I can see my router and node 5G radios uptime:
1617904128771.png

With all due respect that shows the OS Uptime not actual AP uptime which can vary.
I wasn't aware there was a difference, but thanks for correcting me.

I wasn't aware there was a difference, but thanks for correcting me.
Sometimes when making configuration changes to wifi sections the AP will restart. Sometimes it will restart all of its own right in the middle of streaming stuff without a reboot.

Anyone got an email address for Asus to feedback the above post as stock firmware does the same after about 6 days uptime. 6 days is not bad but it would be better if AP was stable other than using the reboot scheduler.

This is certainly not by design and not normal.
I believe 384 branch was ok but there is a lot of security fixes under the bridge since then. Unless one tried 384 on the node and 386 on the router. Not sure Mesh will work.

Trying 384.19 on the node. Mesh seems to work ok will monitor.

This is certainly not by design and not normal.
but not unusual. i get it sometimes when I do a speed test and get close to 850Mbps (wifi restarts)

I am also experiencing random restarts and weird behaviour since updating to 386.2

My AC86U is suddenly going mental! Anything I can do for her at this point?

xx

I've never seen USB transfer speeds soo slow as today with 386.2.

I knew they were like much slower than 384.19, but if a torrent client is running in any client it slows down to a crawl. With both cores to 100%, and that's with USB 2.0!!! Yes, 2.0 only, i switched to it because 386.2 was soo slow it caused ping spikes if someone was reading from USB. But even with USB 2.0 under some scenarios I get 100% cpu usage.

I tried disabling cake, made barely any difference.

Other than that, rock solid since beta 3.

Last edited:
I've never seen USB transfer speeds soo slow as today with 386.2.

I knew they were like much slower than 384.19, but if a torrent client is running in any client it slows down to a crawl. With both cores to 100%, and that's with USB 2.0!!! Yes, 2.0 only, i switched to it because 386.2 was soo slow it caused ping spikes if someone was reading from USB. But even with USB 2.0 under some scenarios I get 100% cpu usage.

I tried disabling cake, made barely any difference.

Other than that, rock solid since beta 3.

Hang in there i see there is a 386.2.1 on the horizon. No commits made in two days not sure if it will help all the people with issues or not. No idea when this will be made public. I guess Merlin can only answer that.

Trying 384.19 on the node. Mesh seems to work ok will monitor.
Bind option on the node has disappeared, but I suppose that is to be expected. Also if you change Firmware check to No there is no Apply button.

Bind option on the node has disappeared, but I suppose that is to be expected. Also if you change Firmware check to No there is no Apply button.

384 code only has Amesh 1.0. 386 code has Amesh 2.0 mixing them will likely cause a headache. Reading all the issues people are having with the 386 code one would have to start thinking it's half baked at this point. Painfully long Alpha and beta stages are a obvious clue there are problems. Asus even quit responding to there own self stared Beta thread. Crickets.

384 code only has Amesh 1.0. 386 code has Amesh 2.0 mixing them will likely cause a headache. Reading all the issues people are having with the 386 code one would have to start thinking it's half baked at this point. Painfully long Alpha and beta stages are a obvious clue there are problems. Asus even quit responding to there own self stared Beta thread. Crickets.
Yes I am aware of the differences between the 384 branch and 386 branches but it is a quick and dirty test of wireless stability.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!