What's new

Release Asuswrt-Merlin 386.2 is now available

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I always have to chuckle a bit when reading these kind of comments, sorry I hope you're not offended by it. I'm convinced that long before we normal mortals know something new is cooking, I'm sure Eric is already aware of it and probably already preparing it to integrate it into a new build.
Sorry I'm new around here just trying to be helpful

Reactions: MvW
Sorry I'm new around here just trying to be helpful
No worries, I wasn't trying to bash you. It's just there's a small group of people always trying to 'inform' Eric (RMerlin), probably most with good intentions, some with pushy intentions, but Eric is probably always at least x steps ahead of us. I don't intend to idolize him, but he undoubtly has a network of devs around him which makes sure he's aware of things to come way earlier than we, the public.

Same here, my 5G radio on the node restarted at 5:30am. Everyone was sleeping. First line in the image below is the router, second line is the node:
View attachment 32993

The node itself didn't reboot, as its uptime is the same as the router. So, it was just the radio:
View attachment 32989

View attachment 32991
Node radio restarted again (around 12:24pm):
1617990191790.png

That's all I have around this time:
1617990360269.png

Any suggestion?

I've had this on stock firmware and sent feedback about it. When the update_sta_binding happens the node wifi restarts. I think this maybe up to Asus to fix and may be closed loop so @Merlin is unable to make adjustments to Mesh 2.

I've had this on stock firmware and sent feedback about it. When the update_sta_binding happens the node wifi restarts. I think this maybe up to Asus to fix and may be closed loop so @Merlin is unable to make adjustments to Mesh 2.
Thank you, @banger . Please, keep me posted

1617995143226.png
Mine after updating the node to 384.19 the node is 23 hrs. Ignore the 35d20 that is an old DSL-N55U in media bridge.

No worries, I wasn't trying to bash you. It's just there's a small group of people always trying to 'inform' Eric (RMerlin), probably most with good intentions, some with pushy intentions, but Eric is probably always at least x steps ahead of us. I don't intend to idolize him, but he undoubtly has a network of devs around him which makes sure he's aware of things to come way earlier than we, the public.
Some few of his many merry helpers ...

EDIT:
Did not intend image to be readable ... just graphic presentation of many folk taken from GitHub. :D
However ... in response to quips ... Full size scrollable list here ...
https://github.com/RMerl/asuswrt-merlin.ng/graphs/contributors

Last edited:
I don't know if this started with 386.2 or existed before but on AX86U, when I block a device from devices list, it continues to get internet access. I rely on this to control internet access to kids streaming devices.

anyone else experience same issue? I did a hard reset after upgrading to 386.2.

I don't know if this started with 386.2 or existed before but on AX86U, when I block a device from devices list, it continues to get internet access. I rely on this to control internet access to kids streaming devices.

anyone else experience same issue? I did a hard reset after upgrading to 386.2.
if you’re kids have iphones, ipads then there is a privacy setting that changes the mac address each time. you can turn this off but they can turn it back on. so you could only allow certain mac addresses on your network, this will force them to not turn the “private address” on

for i while i just gave up and turned the wifi off for the entire house at 9:00pm

if you’re kids have iphones, ipads then there is a privacy setting that changes the mac address each time. you can turn this off but they can turn it back on. so you could only allow certain mac addresses on your network, this will force them to not turn the “private address” on

for i while i just gave up and turned the wifi off for the entire house at 9:00pm
My problem is with bunch of Google TV and Chromebook devices.

Does Guest Network #1 (2.4Ghz) work properly with Intranet access disabled, please ?
It seems that I can ping my devices in the guest network from my LAN, is this normal?

if you enabled the Wireless MAC Filter and whitelisted their wifi MAC's... they'd have to keep the MAC randomization off to ever get connected... and you get to keep control of your rules.

if you enabled the Wireless MAC Filter and whitelisted their wifi MAC's... they'd have to keep the MAC randomization off to ever get connected... and you get to keep control of your rules.
in my case, I have Google TVs and Chromebook which keep their MACs same, device blocking still not working.

The private address does not change every time. It’s unique per network, but does not change for a network until they erase all content and settings.

The private address does not change every time. It’s unique per network, but does not change for a network until they erase all content and settings.

For Android it can also change again when you restart your device, so I wouldn't count on it leaving that feature on for your own private network.
https://support.google.com/android/thread/38722328?hl=en

Does Guest Network #1 (2.4Ghz) work properly with Intranet access disabled, please ?
It seems that I can ping my devices in the guest network from my LAN, is this normal?
Same experience here, with Guest Network #2.
I have disabled Intranet, so should not be able to ping devices on Guest from main WiFi, but ping seems to be working.
need to do more testing other way around as well - can a guest device ping and access the main WiFi devices? I hope not !

Hi, I am having problems to update from 386.1_2.
Every time I go to the Firmware Upgrade tab, it automatically starts the Firmware Downloading... and gets stuck there.
It is the first time that I see it possible to do automatic updates (I was waiting for that feature).
I tried on Brave and Chrome and they behave the same.
I even checked if the package download takes long for some server issue, but I get it in less than 10 seconds, so speed is not the issue.
Any ideas?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!