What's new

Release Asuswrt-Merlin 386.2 is now available

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi, I am having problems to update from 386.1_2.
Every time I go to the Firmware Upgrade tab, it automatically starts the Firmware Downloading... and gets stuck there.
It is the first time that I see it possible to do automatic updates (I was waiting for that feature).
I tried on Brave and Chrome and they behave the same.
I even checked if the package download takes long for some server issue, but I get it in less than 10 seconds, so speed is not the issue.
Any ideas?
Could this be the issue?
And if yes, since I use default settings, can we do something about it for the average user?

Cross-Origin Read Blocking (CORB) blocked cross-origin response https://www.asus.com/support/FAQ/10...858812976369686_1618063642386&_=1618063642387 with MIME type text/html. See https://www.chromestatus.com/feature/5629709824032768 for more details.
send@jquery.js:5
ajax@jquery.js:5
faqURL@httpApi.js:574
initial@Advanced_FirmwareUpgrade_Content.asp:343
onload@Advanced_FirmwareUpg…de_Content.asp:1092

Could this be the issue?
And if yes, since I use default settings, can we do something about it for the average user?

Cross-Origin Read Blocking (CORB) blocked cross-origin response https://www.asus.com/support/FAQ/10...858812976369686_1618063642386&_=1618063642387 with MIME type text/html. See https://www.chromestatus.com/feature/5629709824032768 for more details.
send@jquery.js:5
ajax@jquery.js:5
faqURL@httpApi.js:574
initial@Advanced_FirmwareUpgrade_Content.asp:343
onload@Advanced_FirmwareUpg…de_Content.asp:1092
from firefox i see in console
Uncaught SyntaxError: expected expression, got '<'
1008000:4

Same experience here, with Guest Network #2.
I have disabled Intranet, so should not be able to ping devices on Guest from main WiFi, but ping seems to be working.
need to do more testing other way around as well - can a guest device ping and access the main WiFi devices? I hope not !
Ah, I was afraid to be alone with this problem! :)

It seems that you can ping the devices from the LAN to the GNs but you can't ping the LAN from the devices in the GNs.
It also seems that the devices in the GNs can't ping each other (as if the AP was isolated).
Usually to get this result you have to install YazFI.

What is the problem?

RT-AX88U dirty update. Only non-issue is I lost some of my custom device icons. I didn't like some of the icons anyway :)
Appreciate it Merlin... its time for CAKE!

Hi, I am having problems to update from 386.1_2.
Every time I go to the Firmware Upgrade tab, it automatically starts the Firmware Downloading... and gets stuck there.
It is the first time that I see it possible to do automatic updates (I was waiting for that feature).
I tried on Brave and Chrome and they behave the same.
I even checked if the package download takes long for some server issue, but I get it in less than 10 seconds, so speed is not the issue.
Any ideas?
After rebooting twice, it stopped taking initiatives and I could update it manually as usual.
Meh

Seems to me less stable on AC86U than previous 386.1_2 release. 2.4GHz Wifi is slower and after 1 week stopped accepting new connections. Reboot solved that, but as I need to rely on router running for 1 month without any problems, 386.2 is not usable right now :(

Ah, I was afraid to be alone with this problem! :)

It seems that you can ping the devices from the LAN to the GNs but you can't ping the LAN from the devices in the GNs.
It also seems that the devices in the GNs can't ping each other (as if the AP was isolated).
Usually to get this result you have to install YazFI.

What is the problem?
As long as the devices in GN cannot ping or see anything on the LAN; then this is the expected behaviour.

As I was able to ping GN devices from LAN; I was concerned that the GN devices are not really isolated.

Working as expected and (as you have stated) without the need for YazFi. Great work @Merlin :cool:

Seems to me less stable on AC86U than previous 386.1_2 release. 2.4GHz Wifi is slower and after 1 week stopped accepting new connections. Reboot solved that, but as I need to rely on router running for 1 month without any problems, 386.2 is not usable right now :(
For me it's the exact opposite. On 386 beta and 386.1 stable. My 2.4ghz drops like crazy every few hours. It's not even funny... Full WPS reset, software reset, jffs reset. Doesn't fix a thing... 386.2 beta fixes it with the new GPL. and now it's been 9 days and it's basically been the best firmware since 384.18 (384.19 has this nasty memory leak where it would slowly take ram and swap so much that it lags the whole router and reboots it)

As long as the devices in GN cannot ping or see anything on the LAN; then this is the expected behaviour.

As I was able to ping GN devices from LAN; I was concerned that the GN devices are not really isolated.

Working as expected and (as you have stated) without the need for YazFi. Great work @Merlin :cool:
i wonder if Asus have been dipping into my code ;-)
they're welcome to after all, it is GPL'd

This release is the bomb!!
7 days 18 hour(s) 51 minute(s) Uptime without a hitch...
Thanks to Eric for running the problems to ground!

ok, why not.
But now, ping your devices from LAN to GN (it's supposed to work) and go change a parameter in the Wireless section (for example: control channel), apply the parameters and wait for the devices to reconnect to Wifi. Then look at your ping: the devices are not reachable anymore...

Not exactly like YazFI...

I have an AC86U.

I'm using Cloudflare WARP via wireguard and when downloading large files (138GB), I see this in syslog:

Apr 10 21:24:38 kernel: ^[[0;33;41m[ERROR mcast] bcm_mcast_blog_process,789: blog allocation failure^[[0m
Apr 10 21:24:38 kernel: ^[[0;33;41m[ERROR mcast] bcm_mcast_blog_process,789: blog allocation failure^[[0m
Apr 10 21:24:55 kernel: ^[[0;33;41m[ERROR mcast] bcm_mcast_blog_process,789: blog allocation failure^[[0m
Apr 10 21:24:55 kernel: ^[[0;33;41m[ERROR mcast] bcm_mcast_blog_process,789: blog allocation failure^[[0m
Apr 10 21:25:15 kernel: ^[[0;33;41m[ERROR mcast] bcm_mcast_blog_process,789: blog allocation failure^[[0m
Apr 10 21:25:15 kernel: ^[[0;33;41m[ERROR mcast] bcm_mcast_blog_process,789: blog allocation failure^[[0m
Apr 10 21:40:16 kernel: bcm63xx_nand ff801800.nand: timeout waiting for command 0x1
Apr 10 21:40:16 kernel: bcm63xx_nand ff801800.nand: intfc status f80000e0
Apr 10 21:40:32 kernel: bcm63xx_nand ff801800.nand: timeout waiting for command 0x4
Apr 10 21:40:32 kernel: bcm63xx_nand ff801800.nand: intfc status c80000e0
Apr 10 21:45:41 kernel: bcm63xx_nand ff801800.nand: timeout waiting for command 0x1
Apr 10 21:45:41 kernel: bcm63xx_nand ff801800.nand: intfc status f80000e0
Apr 10 21:46:27 kernel: bcm63xx_nand ff801800.nand: timeout waiting for command 0x4
Apr 10 21:46:27 kernel: bcm63xx_nand ff801800.nand: intfc status c80000e0
What does this mean?

Edit:
And when downloading at high speeds (30MB/s), the GUI becomes unresponsive. I cannot access the GUI anymore.
This becomes the adress line in Chrome:
Code:
http://192.168.1.1/error_page.htm?flag=9

Last edited:
Happy to report no more CPU stuck / rc_service: check_watchdog 329:notify_rc restart_watchdog loop after a week on my RT-AC66U-B1.

I formated the jffs at next boot as recommended and is stable since.

Thank you Merlin and everyone.

Dirty upgrade -> smooth!

As long as I don't access Adaptor QoS page, the router is working fine.

Any suggestion to avoid this?
Can't reproduce. I recommend doing a factory default reset and reconfiguring your router.

RT-86U. I was previously using 381.xx and I’ve been running Merlin for years. I upgraded using manual upgrade from the sourceforge download and now I’m unable to log into my router.

The router boots up, I get internet access and wifi. If I try to access the WebGUI I can enter my login details and it appears to authenticate then I get a blank webpage which never seems to complete loading. SSH is disabled.

Is the only option to try to factory rest/flash the router? Has anyone else had issues logging in after an upgrade? I don’t really want to lose my extensive config (which I haven’t backed up) if I can help it... :(

RT-86U. I was previously using 381.xx and I’ve been running Merlin for years. I upgraded using manual upgrade from the sourceforge download and now I’m unable to log into my router.

The router boots up, I get internet access and wifi. If I try to access the WebGUI I can enter my login details and it appears to authenticate then I get a blank webpage which never seems to complete loading. SSH is disabled.

Is the only option to try to factory rest/flash the router? Has anyone else had issues logging in after an upgrade? I don’t really want to lose my extensive config (which I haven’t backed up) if I can help it... :(
Give it an hour then try again, or use the IP address.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!