What's new

Beta Asuswrt-Merlin 386.4 beta is now available

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes that the spirit. Try and error.
688bb8c5d16bf956751d98445f1b82d8--good-ideas-demotivational-posters.jpg

main-qimg-aa2c35497db02534c60ec0ce1c194b4d-c

Can anyone confirm if scrips are executed on nodes?
Hi again @Pergola Fabio :)
Yes, once you install Asuswrt-merlin on your nodes, you can run any of the scripts.
Amtm also becomes available.
In have ntpMerlin and syslog-ng running on my 2 nodes.

Moved to aimesh 2 months ago. Router is AC3100 fw Merlin (386.3_2) and a node Ac68u stock (3.0.0.4.386_43129). All is working well. Got to this thread wondering what's happening since Asus stock proposed 2 new versions for the ac68u. Would like AC3100 upgraded first before my stock node. But i'd be patient and i'm pretty sure RMerlin will come up with a great miracle for Christmas.

Sane and sensible advice for sure, but... I will wait and see - my network is not exactly crippled by this, and I really think there are already or will be others popping up with the same mystery. ;)

And yes, I do assume that reverting would bring all that IPv6 goodness back.

EDIT: all right, I couldn't resist... reverting to 386.3_2 does restore IPv6, including "10/10" @ https://ipv6-test.com (which does seem faster than the "expanded version" I had been using for some reason - why is this?).

Which leaves the question of why did BETA1 seem to break IPv6, but [possibly] for only for a small # of us?

Being hopeful, I am looking forward to BETA2. Guest Network 1 with Access Intranet set to Disable?
I suspect that you use Guest Network 1 with Access Intranet set to Disable. I know that this configuration is what broke IPV6 for me starting with 386.4 Alpha 2. Below is the workaround that I did to get Native IPV6 working for me in the Alphas and now the Beta.

Beta 2 is now available. Changes since beta 1:

Code:
2e40074593 (HEAD -> master, tag: 386.4-beta2, origin/master) shared: improved buffer validation (backport from Asus upstream)
bcbd5e494b shared: Replace the source code of strlcpy() and strlcat() by BSD verison (patch from Asus upstream)
8247d74c37 rc: ensure that do_dns_detect() always has a valid test server even if nvram is empty
77917ed54c rc: also add static lease hostnames without domain appended to host file
0b69989b80 rc: start miniupnpd after getrealip has run, and give it an extra 5 secs in case it's not ready yet
abe3f8f883 httpd: also fix potential NULL ptr access in do_vpnupload_post() (patch from upstream)
c02ac3af36 Updated documentation
49b788dd06 Merge pull request #796 from decoderman/master
da11794861 build: fix et userspace tool copy on SDK 6.37
15ccb9cbfb amtm 3.2.1 release, preparation for IOS Shortcuts
03c9fdcf06 httpd: fix potential use of uninitialized variable in do_vpnupload_post(), introduced in 6ce76323bf
71732c5a66 rc: reapply firewall-start rules after stop_ddns() restores them from filter_rules
1c5a36e089 openvpn: updated to 2.5.5
6ce76323bf httpd: improved buffer validation (backport from Asus upstream)
8d40f2c18a ddns: backport patches from Asus upstream
c09e1fae34 inadyn: revert ddns.c fix
e2243b0df9 openssl: updated to 1.1.1m
d167e13d6b Bumped revision to beta 2

Both routers updated to Beta 2. Seems to working just fine.

Have someone have courage to test: Disable 11b button ? Is it working now?

Thank you for new firmware.

Last edited:
Just updated from 386.4 beta 1 to 386.4 beta 2. Just performed a quick check and did not observed presently any issues...

Thanks you for your dedication in supporting our ASUS routers Éric.

@RMerlin Could you tell me the address (es) of the server (s) that you have hard coded in.
Thanks
I assume he used the code that Zastoff had tested:

nvram set dns_probe=0;nvram set dns_probe_content='131.107.255.255 112.4.20.71 fd3e:4f5a:5b81::1';nvram commit

AX86U had been cruising along on beta1 for a couple of days. Flashed beta 2 and lost Internet. Router said connected, though. Dumped DoT and custom DNS Servers and still no connection. Wife needed to do some banking so went back to Asus firmware. Sorry but I did not save any logs.

Edit. Not too sure but my problems could be related to the AWS issues in Northern Virginia. Unless others report issues I will give beta 2 another chance later tonight.

Dirty upgrade from beta1 to beta2. Everything seems to be running. Thanks RMerlin.

Last edited:
Hmm...almost seems like a holiday season/Christmas gift from @RMerlin: dare we hope for a stable Release by New Year's day?

Update from B1 to B2: Asuscomm DDNS was listed after reboot as "inactive". I had to disable the client and then re-enable it.

I noticed that for HND routers, wireguard and the user tools are mentioned.
On my AX88U, I see /usr/sbin/wg, the kernel module (wireguard) loaded but no wg-quick. This was on both beta 1 and 2.

On beta 2, same ddns problem occurs.
And the ddns doesn't update... I have to manually call it
start_ddns: eth0 has not yet obtained an ipv6 address

Status
Not open for further replies.

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!