What's new

Release Asuswrt-Merlin 386.6 is now available for select models

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

The GT-AX11000 only has one (1) 2.5 Gbps port that can be used for LAN or WAN, but not both. If you want to upgrade both WAN and LAN backbone, GT-AX6000 is the obvious choice.

Regarding GT-AX6000 Dual 2.5G Port, Is it possible to have a option to make use of Giga LAN Port as a WAN so we can make use two 2.5Gb port in LAN?
that would be perfect for connection between NAS and PC.

Last edited:
The newest router hardware is always superior (and much better specs too). GT-AX6000.

The best (specs) is the currently unavailable GT-AXE16000.

That should be a typical option, but a 5 Port, 2.5GbE switch is better (on the LAN).

B&H photo has the gt ax6000 for 50 dollars off at 350. First time I've seen it for a discount just purchased.

Asuswrt-Merlin 386.6 is now available, specifically for the new models that were added to the supported list with this release: the GT-AX6000, and the Zen WiFi Pro XT12.

Summary of changes:
  • Merged with GPL 386_47885
  • Added support for the ZenWiFi Pro XT12
  • Added support for the GT-AX6000 (with the non-ROG webui and without VPNFusion, like other supported ROG models)
  • Added new IPv6 options to OpenVPN servers, allowing to disable/enable IPv6 support, and also to enable NAT (allowing remote clients to also redirect their IPv6 Internet traffic through their router's OpenVPN server
  • Updated components: wget (1.21.3), dropbear (2022.82)
  • Allow requesting bigger IPv6 subnets from your ISP
  • Fixed Traditional QoS download traffic limited by upstream bandwidth

Please consult the Changelog for the complete list of changes.

Please keep discussions in this thread on the topic of this release and these two new models. This thread will be locked after a while once the release feedback has quieted down.

Downloads are here.
Changelog is here.
Just wanted to say a big thank you for your hard work. I had my new GT-AX6000 packed away and ready to go back to retailer due to small issues with it not running in the way I wanted until I saw that you have started to sprinkle your magical dust on to it. I particularly like the the non-ROG web UI and the absence of VPNFusion as I prefer the routing policies included in current version. Everything else (e.g. VPN, Dynamic DNS, NextDNS setup...etc.) have been working perfectly. Thank you again.

B&H photo has the gt ax6000 for 50 dollars off at 350. First time I've seen it for a discount just purchased.
Amazon has dropped price as well.

The AX6000 price drop seems to be US/UK only?

(Haven't seen any good EU prices yet)

The newest router hardware is always superior (and much better specs too). GT-AX6000.

The best (specs) is the currently unavailable GT-AXE16000.
I guess I am going to wait until the Merlin firmware becomes available for that GT-AXE16000.

So, I've had my GT-AX6000 up and running on 386.6 for a week now, so a couple of observations:

TrendMicro suite causes Kernel issues and taints (hardly a surprise)
Administration>Restore/Save/Upload: Backup JFFS partition - generates
"404 Not Found
File not found." when looking for http://router/backup_jffs.tar (yes it's set up that way)

Final observation: I never could get Diversion to work properly on my RT-AC86U without register taints and Kernel issues - works great on the GT-AX6000 even with a secondary less harsh blocking list, a no blocking IP, and a still running a SMART-DNS on a Raspberry Pi. *Initially tried AdGuard, but it still annoys me!

So, I've had my GT-AX6000 up and running on 386.6 for a week now, so a couple of observations:

TrendMicro suite causes Kernel issues and taints (hardly a surprise)
"404 Not Found
File not found." when looking for http://router/backup_jffs.tar (yes it's set up that way)

Final observation: I never could get Diversion to work properly on my RT-AC86U without register taints and Kernel issues - works great on the GT-AX6000 even with a secondary less harsh blocking list, a no blocking IP, and a still running a SMART-DNS on a Raspberry Pi. *Initially tried AdGuard, but it still annoys me!
The ‘tainted’ issue is Pixelserv + trend micro not playing nice with each other.
The error doesn’t appear to affect functionality.
Personally, I just ignore those messages & move right along……

dn-vnstat got the no interface matching error?
螢幕擷取畫面 2022-04-30 100051.png

螢幕擷取畫面 2022-04-30 100117.png

Update: After reinstalling dn-vnstat, it seems to be ok, please ignore...
螢幕擷取畫面 2022-05-01 193206.png

But found the backing up JFFS partition doesn't work?
404 Not Found

Attachments

• 螢幕擷取畫面 2022-05-02 195744.png
    螢幕擷取畫面 2022-05-02 195744.png
    72.6 KB · Views: 199
Last edited:

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!