What's new

Release Asuswrt-Merlin 386.7 is now available for all models

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Status
Not open for further replies.
^^+1. It always cracks me up to see people absolutely freaked out to see that their RAM usage went up. In 99% of these cases, they have no negative consequences to report, just alarm on their part.
Hmm, since this was in reference to my post, I don't think I freaked out ;)

Having said that, swapping is a helluva lot slower than having available ram (if required). So, having never seen either of my routers go over 90% utilization, and see the % continuing to creep up, I don't think it's unreasonable to question that.

:)

Dunno I only know that it is closed source or something. But it is unworkable and so needed.
If you are looking for dual wan failover this script by @Ranger802004
works great:

If you are looking for dual wan failover this script by @Ranger802004
works great:
No Iam not. I have two connections and I want to use them. Together... I know that @Ranger802004 does add a good failover solution.

No Iam not. I have two connections and I want to use them. Together... I know that @Ranger802004 does add a good failover solution.
My recent update supports load balancing mode.

In what way?
It monitors both WAN interfaces and removes them as next hops when they fail and adds them back when they are restored. It maintains the load balancing ratio you set in the GUI.

It monitors both WAN interfaces and removes them as next hops when they fail and adds them back when they are restored. It maintains the load balancing ratio you set in the GUI.
But the problem seems to be in sticky sessions. What generates a shirtload of failed to load pages and DNS errors. Although both connections are fully functional.

But the problem seems to be in sticky sessions. What generates a shirtload of failed to load pages and DNS errors. Although both connections are fully functional.
I didn’t experience this behavior when testing and developing the load balancing support. Perhaps you could use my script and test for me and maybe together we can resolve this issue?

Iam surely willing to co-op with you to get things fixxed.
Let me know the results and forward logs over from your testing. When it happens do some nslookup tests from the router itself and report back results. Are you running any other 3rd party scripts?

Let me know the results and forward logs over from your testing. When it happens do some nslookup tests from the router itself and report back results. Are you running any other 3rd party scripts?

Start a new thread. This is for 386.7

I have similar, but different issue with configuring GT-AX6000 as AiMesh node connected to GT-AX6000 primary router. I started another thread a couple of days ago: GT-AX6000 as AiMesh Node?.

I have the issue as described in the the other thread whether the node is directly connected to primary router or connected via TP-Link TL-SG3210XHP-M2 1.0 10/2.5 Gbps managed switch. I have other AiMesh nodes ((2) RT-AX86U (2.5 Gbps wired backhaul) and RT-AX82 (5 GHz 160 Mhz wireless backhaul)) that connect and operate as they should.
I opened an issue with ASUS (N2206040786-0001), I am hopeful they can easily replicate with their latest stock firmware or the GPL included in Merlin 386.7. For the time being 386.6 is rock solid on my config.

Dunno I only know that it is closed source or something. But it is unworkable and so needed.
It's mostly open sourced (part of the code that sets up the routes is closed source tho), but as indicated by Dave, the code is quite complicated to follow, so I don't dare touch it, as it's all tied to the regular WAN code as well. Making any change to the Dual WAN code runs the risk of breaking regular WAN code as a whole, and to completely break the instant Asus makes more changes of their own.

I encourage people encountering Dual WAN issues to reach out to Asus about it. Asus and I discussed the Dual WAN implementation in the past, they are certainly interested in getting more feedback about it. They've been constantly making improvements to it over the years. It's just not something I am in a position to test/debug myself.

with 386.7 i did a complete reset and manual configure of entire network (AX86S) including 3x nodes (mixed AX / AC routers) that run latest stock. I had to do the entire procedure twice as first time something was not right and I had issues with a node disconnecting and a random reboot of main router.

Second attempt I did the procedure slightly slower and let the network settle after initial setup and after adding each node (nodes do need to be connected via ethernet for initial setup).

Now my entire network is the best and most stable ever and i've been using merlin for 3 years - not one error in the log after days of running. wifi stability / performance great. I even had a powercut over the weekend and everything remains perfect.

One thing I did (that was the icing on the cake) was to do a 'reset network' on my idevices. So now even my very fussy homepod minis are working perfectly.

So my advice is 100% to do a slow and steady network rebuild (both client side and network) - use the firmware restore tool to flash firmware as this fixed my node that was misbehaving. I can't prove this made a difference but it worked for me!

Hope this helps others on here and thanks again to @RMerlin for all the work.

49447 = 49447
386.7 = 48966
49447 > 48966

A few things emerged after the initial merge.
Helpful post for all ( and the reply to, it from @RMerlin too ) Thx!
I was aware of the firmware release variations, in advance & I mentioned this, in a previous post that I made in this thread, but it did not stop me from choosing 386.7 over 49447 for the reasons I included in that post.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!