What's new

Release Asuswrt-Merlin 386.7 is now available for all models

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Status
Not open for further replies.
For my setup, GT-AXE 11000, this version 386.7 is working perfectly. Fixed script for the VPN with the help of a member here was really my only problem. NO wireless disconnects, rock solid performance.

I have 5 Homepods, 3 cameras, 10 smart switches, 8 iPads/computers, 3 iPhones, 2 apple watches, iRobot, 3 TV's hard wired, 4 Tv's streaming 4K, PlayStation, Video doorbell, 2 garage doors. Everything works perfectly and I am getting a connection of over 1800 with my Dell laptop connected at 160 band width. Speed tests with that computer range from 450-550. I have 1 gb service. Router in upstairs utility room.

Thank you Merlin!

CC

Running the newest 386.7.1 at a RT-AX88U in a full Dual-Stack-Environement with native IPv6 via Präfix-Delegation behind a Provider Router with Dual NAT, brings my Asus Merlin Router to automatic Reboots.
This happens 2-3 times a day without any error message in the log, only the restarts are visible.
WPS-Reset und new configuration did not solved the problem.

Back on the stable Release 386.7 the problem has gone away again, so I think there is still a hidden bug in 368.7.1 pre-Release if running in a Dual-Stack Setup with IPv6 native activated.

RT-AC5300.
According to my settings in 5Ghz -2 DFS is switched off. Channel is fixed on 80Mhz
According to my log: DFS State: In-Service Monitoring (ISM) / Channel cleared for radar: 100/80

on 5Ghz-1 though DFS state: idle / Channel cleared for radar: 100/80

I get the impression that DFS is on although I did not configure it. Anyone an idea? Thanks

I'm on 386.7_1 on my AX3000 and I see this while troubleshooting something else. What is this?
1658103504998.png

Running the newest 386.7.1 at a RT-AX88U in a full Dual-Stack-Environement with native IPv6 via Präfix-Delegation behind a Provider Router with Dual NAT, brings my Asus Merlin Router to automatic Reboots.
This happens 2-3 times a day without any error message in the log, only the restarts are visible.
WPS-Reset und new configuration did not solved the problem.

Back on the stable Release 386.7 the problem has gone away again, so I think there is still a hidden bug in 368.7.1 pre-Release if running in a Dual-Stack Setup with IPv6 native activated.
currently testing the 386.7_1-g8fd8deefbb_pureubi.w

had arround 2-3 random wifi dropouts (10 minutes) on 386.7 within 4-5 hours.
sometimes directly after starting the computer :rolleyes:

currently testing the 386.7_1-g8fd8deefbb_pureubi.w

had arround 2-3 random wifi dropouts (10 minutes) on 386.7 within 4-5 hours.
sometimes directly after starting the computer :rolleyes:
Where do I find 386.7_1-g8fd8deefbb_pureubi.w for RT-AX88U. I can see this for the AX86U but I only see 386.7_1-gd1340bd88e_cferom_ubi.w (5th July) for RT-AX88U (which I downloaded from the One Drive Test Builds)?

@RMerlin
Any chance another beta to come out after current 386 7 1 for AX88U with driver replacements?
The wifi dropouts are serious here.

The stability of IPv4/6 is great but the dropouts of WIFI is a bummer.

It's supposed to be related to the wifi drivers which won't change until the next release he will get from Asus.
Good to see you don't have IPV6 issues with Partner. It's still not working properly for me (get IPV6 once and after reboot for eg. it won't come back)

Where do I find 386.7_1-g8fd8deefbb_pureubi.w for RT-AX88U. I can see this for the AX86U but I only see 386.7_1-gd1340bd88e_cferom_ubi.w (5th July) for RT-AX88U (which I downloaded from the One Drive Test Builds)?
There isn`t. The test build contained an updated driver + SDK for the RT-AX86U, which is different from the RT-AX88U.

Any chance another beta to come out after current 386 7 1 for AX88U with driver replacements?
Not at this time, no. I don`t have any updated driver for that model, and I don`t want to ask Asus for 10 different driver updates either, which would take weeks to obtain. It will have to wait for the next GPL merge, which won`t happen until a new major release.

Not at this time, no. I don`t have any updated driver for that model, and I don`t want to ask Asus for 10 different driver updates either, which would take weeks to obtain. It will have to wait for the next GPL merge, which won`t happen until a new major release.

I see. Thank you
will consider following steps accordingly, as the current situation is annoying a lot.

Probably will revert to 386 5 2 which were my rock solid so far in any aspect.

Thank you again for your hard work

Thank you everyone for sharing. Not sure if it was already stated, but that the wifi lockups and unreachable admin pages also occur on the RT-AC86U 386.7 firmware. Downgrading to 386.5_2, then factory resetting and reloading backed up config and JFFS partition resolved the issues.

There isn`t. The test build contained an updated driver + SDK for the RT-AX86U, which is different from the RT-AX88U.

Observations after 3 1/2 days running continuously (previously did multiple reboots while checking all addons were working)

Good
IPv6 all fine (using WAN Automatic IP, IPv6 Native, DHCP-PD, Stateless)
Wi-5i 5.0 GHz & 160 MHZ seems stable - no signs of disconnects / drop outs
No unexpected reboots
Challenges
Although Qos\Cake is enabled so is Flow Control (previously it was disabled) - default setup no extra Cake scripts. Eventually disabled via Wireguard Manager.
Browser interface much more sluggish (than 386.5_2) tried Edge, Chrome, Opera, Firefox and running on different machines. Especially noticeable running Scribe, any attempt to open to open multiple sub windows results in periods of hanging before 'catching up'

Thank you everyone for sharing. Not sure if it was already stated, but that the wifi lockups and unreachable admin pages also occur on the RT-AC86U 386.7 firmware. Downgrading to 386.5_2, then factory resetting and reloading backed up config and JFFS partition resolved the issues.
Welcome to the forums @wizzra.

I'm not having any issues with my RT-AC86U running on 386.7. However, I always perform a "clean" upgrade. Yes, it takes longer, but it works every time. Starting fresh gives me peace of mind, opportunities for learning, and especially trouble-free operation, so I consider it time well invested. Others may see it differently, and of course that's okay.

You may want to try that (assuming you haven't already), as the problems you're reporting don't seem to broadly affect RT-AC86U owners. Good luck!

Last edited:
Not sure if it was already stated, but that the wifi lockups and unreachable admin pages also occur on the RT-AC86U 386.7 firmware.

What does a “WiFi lockup” look like?

This morning my AC86U running 386.7_1 no longer provided internet to my (wireless) iOS devices. I could not even ssh into the router from those devices.

Oddly, I could (wireless) log in to a Raspberry Pi that is connected via a wire to the router. This Pi still had internet access.

just downgraded my whole net to 386 5 2, will see how that works out

Sorry for being vague. My set-up is a RT-AC86U in router mode, connected to a RT-AT68U in AP mode, and ISP modem in bridge mode. My router was running diversion, vpn, dhcp assignments, and some ddns. The symptoms for me were as follows:
* In the beginning everything worked smoothly
* After a few days, some devices were not able to reach 'the internet' anymore. They could join the wifi network, but it seemed like they were not given the default gateway
* At that point, the web admin page was not reachable anymore for any device (also not for the devices that could still reach internet) but I connecting via ssh still worked, through which I issued a reboot
* After the reboot, no devices were able to access internet anymore so browsed through this thread and decided to downgrade, which solved my issues.

Edit: Oooff.. Actually, it seems that the issues are related to diversion..! As I typed this, I noticed that diversion was not installed anymore and after reinstalling I again lost internet access on my laptop.
Edit2: When I disabled diversion, I got internet back, and when I enabled it, internet was lost. I've been going through the menu's, but I believe it was after doing a force update for diversion from the amtm menu that I got internet access back with everything working.

Last edited:
I noticed that many using the ax88u doesn't get assigned an IP using IPv6 'Native' using default settings. Using this stable release and beta .1, I have been able to get my ISP IPv6. But, when I want to assign a custom ipv6 DNS such as cloudflare or google, it doesn't work using 6rd option. Any way to get custom IPv6 DNS on AX88U or it's a lost cause due to ASUS 'closed source' the unit?

IPv6 native works like a charm here. However, it takes up to 10 minutes to get IPv6, but after that everything is smooth.

Maybe everyone has to be a little more patient?

I noticed that many using the ax88u doesn't get assigned an IP using IPv6 'Native' using default settings. Using this stable release and beta .1, I have been able to get my ISP IPv6. But, when I want to assign a custom ipv6 DNS such as cloudflare or google, it doesn't work using 6rd option. Any way to get custom IPv6 DNS on AX88U or it's a lost cause due to ASUS 'closed source' the unit?
I was just thinking to ask the same question but not just for ax88u. I have ax3000 running 386.7_1 beta. I'm trying to use passthrough IPv6. How do I set it up?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!