What's new

Release Asuswrt-Merlin 386.7 is now available for all models

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Status
Not open for further replies.

RMerlin

Asuswrt-Merlin dev
Asuswrt-Merlin 386.7 is now available for all supported models. The focus of this release is to upgrade the GPL base code, as well as introduce a few minor improvements.

UPDATE - 24-July-2022: 386.7_2 is now available.

Code:
386.7_2 (24-July-2022)
- UPDATED: openssl to 1.1.1q.
- UPDATED: RT-AX86U driver + SDK updated to latest upstream version
- UPDATED: RT-AX88U and GT-AX11000 radio firmware downgraded to the
           previous version.
- FIXED: Some ISPs would fail to allocate a proper IPv6 prefix (tvlz)
- FIXED: Packet checksum errors logged when using DNSFilter in Router
         mode.  Router mode will no longer use DNAT, except for newer
         HND 5.04 models like the GT-AX6000 or XT12, which work
         properly.  Non-Router mode on HND will still use
         the new DNAT support added in 386.7.
- FIXED: Some SSH clients would end up with an incorrect PATH
         value for the default search path.
- FIXED: OpenVPN clients wouldn't get updated routing tables
         if an OpenVPN server was stopped/started while an
         OpenVPN client was connected

The highlights:
  • Merged with GPL 386_49335 (for the RT-AC5300) and 386_48966 (for all other models).
  • DNSFilter can now also intercept and redirect IPv6 DNS queries on HND models. You can also specify IPv6 DNS servers for the three custom settings.
  • Component updates: openssl 1.1.1o, haveged 1.9.18, openvpn 2.5.7 and tor 0.4.7.8.
  • Fixed CVE-2022-0934 and CVE-2022-26376.
  • And a few other fixes

Also this includes the following changes from 386.6 (which was previously only available for the XT12 and GT-AX6000):
  • Added new IPv6 options to OpenVPN servers, allowing to disable/enable IPv6 support, and also to enable NAT (allowing remote clients to also redirect their IPv6 Internet traffic through their router's OpenVPN server
  • Updated components: wget (1.21.3), dropbear (2022.82)
  • Allow requesting bigger IPv6 subnets from your ISP
  • Fixed Traditional QoS download traffic limited by upstream bandwidth

Note: while openssl 1.1.1p just came out, I decided not to put the firmware through another beta cycle just for it as the security issue it addresses does not affect Asuswrt-Merlin.

Please keep the discussion on this particular release. Off-topic posts will be moved, deleted or ignored depending on my mood at the time.
This thread will be closed down once the initial release feedback has quieted town.

Downloads are here.
Changelog is here.

Last edited:
Known issues:
  • Some SSH clients end up with the wrong search PATH (issue introduced with dropbear 2022.82, fixed in 386.7_2)

Last edited:
Let's go!

EDIT: Release applied across all active hardware (Router - from 386.5_2 Release and 2 APs - from 386.7 Beta2.) No issues following initial upgrade. DDNS re-established, DNSFilter/Pi-hole tandem working, OpenVPN client preserved and re-connected, Nest/TP-Link/IOT devices all re-connected. VOIP/IPTV all working as well. Will test my PiVPN incoming VPN connection in the morning when I'm away and off-wifi. Wife complained about the brief internet blip... par for the course so all good.

EDIT 2: Not sure if a neat coincidence or by design, but the WAN DNS UI change picked up that I was using Quad9 and set that as the assignment.

1655949040090.png

As always thanks to @RMerlin and team and all the Alpha/Beta testers that participated.

EDIT 3: WAN speeds are as expected on my 1000/30 Rogers Ignite and the incoming VPN connections to my PiVPN server were good this morning. All good!

alienwaresnap001975.jpg

Last edited:
Asuswrt-Merlin 386.7 is now available for all supported models. The focus of this release is to upgrade the GPL base code, as well as introduce a few minor improvements.

The highlights:
  • Merged with GPL 386_49335 (for the RT-AC5300) and 386_48966 (for all other models).
  • DNSFilter can now also intercept and redirect IPv6 DNS queries on HND models. You can also specify IPv6 DNS servers for the three custom settings.
  • Component updates: openssl 1.1.1o, haveged 1.9.18, openvpn 2.5.7 and tor 0.4.7.8.
  • Fixed CVE-2022-0934 and CVE-2022-26376.
  • And a few other fixes

Also this includes the following changes from 386.6 (which was previously only available for the XT12 and GT-AX6000):
  • Added new IPv6 options to OpenVPN servers, allowing to disable/enable IPv6 support, and also to enable NAT (allowing remote clients to also redirect their IPv6 Internet traffic through their router's OpenVPN server
  • Updated components: wget (1.21.3), dropbear (2022.82)
  • Allow requesting bigger IPv6 subnets from your ISP
  • Fixed Traditional QoS download traffic limited by upstream bandwidth

Note: while openssl 1.1.1p just came out, I decided not to put the firmware through another beta cycle just for it as the security issue it addresses does not affect Asuswrt-Merlin.

Please keep the discussion on this particular release. Off-topic posts will be moved, deleted or ignored depending on my mood at the time.
This thread will be closed down once the initial release feedback has quieted town.

Downloads are here.
Changelog is here.
Hi i read online to read the change log for information if a reset must be done after upgrading, i went through the change log of the latest version 386.7_0 and don't see any instructions that we need to reset...

Can you please confirm do we reset or no?

Also is it the change log that will instruct us to reset if necessary?

AC86U - Dirty over 386.5_2 (USB removed).... cruising along nicely

947.JPG

Hi,
Thanks ... Successfully Flashed AX88U 386.7 over AX88U 386.7_beta2 for my AiMesh setup at home
  • AiMesh Router: AX88U 386.7 (GPL:386_48966) +
  • 2 x AiMesh Nodes: AX86S 3.0.0.4.386_49447-g0d3605a, AC86U 3.0.0.4.386_48260-gd4c241c

Dirty upgrade from 386.5_2 on both main router (AC86U) and node (AC68U v3).

Forgot to remove the USB (again) before upgrading but all went without a hitch, and running smoothly so far.

Thanks RMerlin for your work!

Anyone else having issues with sourceforge not letting you download? tried on 3 devices and mirrors from sourceforge.

Edit: >_> Skynet was geo blocking the country it was coming from changed mirror to country I allow.

Anyone else having issues with sourceforge not letting you download? tried on 3 devices and mirrors from sourceforge.
I did. Frustrated the crap out of me. Never had it happen previously.

Finally solved it by going to the "Files" heading rather than the "Summary" heading on the SourceForge site.

ETA: Running fine so far. Thanks, RMerlin!

Dirty flashed an RT-AX88U from 386.5_2 to 386.7. No issues encountered thus far.

Thanks Eric S.

cannot find 386.7 on the mirror site...
Asustor`s Datasync applet decided to pause the Onedrive sync without any reason or explanation.

Still waiting on Synology to launch a product with 2.5 Gbps support to upgrade this Asustor...

Asustor`s Datasync applet decided to pause the Onedrive sync without any reason or explanation.

Still waiting on Synology to launch a product with 2.5 Gbps support to upgrade this Asustor...
Add 2.5 Gbps USB NIC to Synology NAS for about $25-30 — third-party drivers are available. Works well on my DS718+.

Surprised you haven’t run into Deadbolt Ransomware running a Asustor NAS, my Asustor NAS is has a intel cpu so slapped Ubuntu on it and haven’t looked back. 2 Deadbolt Ransomware versions have hit Asustor just this year. Cringe.

Just saying the hardware is still good, but their ADM OS software has given me too many headaches.

Add 2.5 Gbps USB NIC to Synology NAS for about $25-30 — third-party drivers are available. Works well on my DS718+.
I can even do that with my Asustor (I tested it a few weeks ago to see how much I could get out of 160 MHz wifi). But I don`t consider a plastic USB dongle to be a reliable long-term solution, as they run rather hot. There`s no excuse for Synology to still be only Gigabit in 2022 IMHO.

Surprised you haven’t run into Deadbolt Ransomware running a Asustor NAS,
Why would it have? I don't expose it to the WAN...

Just updated now thank you!

I can even do that with my Asustor (I tested it a few weeks ago to see how much I could get out of 160 MHz wifi). But I don`t consider a plastic USB dongle to be a reliable long-term solution, as they run rather hot. There`s no excuse for Synology to still be only Gigabit in 2022 IMHO.

Why would it have? I don't expose it to the WAN...

I also own an asustor Nas that is not exposed to the wan no need at all.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!