What's new

Release Asuswrt-Merlin 386.7 is now available for all models

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Did a dirty update from 386.5_2 to 386.7 and no functional issues noticed. One very minor thing that I just saw was the LAN indicator lights were not on. I turned the lights off last night using the side button on the router. Then just now I used the same button to turn them on again. However the left side lights (LAN activity lights) were off but the others were on. I went into the web GUI and toggled the setting for LEDs there and they came back on. Have no idea if its firmware related or maybe due to the dirty update method but just thought I'd mention it.

Which model router are you using?

Dirty upgrade ax86u from 386.5. From main screen disappeared status of DDNS. With 386.5 it displays my ddns domain, but now it just word GO with link to my ddns provider.

system log contains records
Jun 24 19:55:49 start_ddns: IP address, server and hostname have not changed since the last update.

Attachments

• 1.png
    1.png
    64.2 KB · Views: 76
  • 2.png
    2.png
    104 KB · Views: 70
Dirty upgraded from 386.5_2 (USB flash ejected before upgrade). Everything went smooth. Thank you, Eric!

Dirty upgrade ax86u from 386.5. From main screen disappeared status of DDNS. With 386.5 it displays my ddns domain, but now it just word GO with link to my ddns provider.

Jun 24 19:55:49 start_ddns: IP address, server and hostname have not changed since the last update.
Flush your browser cache ?

@RMerlin One question, I see that the firmware file name of AX68U not contain the 'cferom' string, it means that file not contains the cferom component (as in the case of AX86U)?
That's correct.

Hi, just for info i see this release is based on : 386_49335
That's only the RT-AC5300. All other models are based on 386_48966.

i have ac86u as nodes, i always use stock firmware on them , i see latest stock is 3.0.0.4.386.48260 , released on: 2022/03/25
should i wait for next release for 86u? or is it the same GPL ?
386_48260 is older than the code that I use in 386.7.

why with the same configuration/services I'm not noticing the same RAM usage behaviour for the previous fw (i.e. 386.6)?
Asus reverted their automated cache flushing that they added a few months ago. It's only done for some specific models now.

Ultimately not unnecessarily flushing cache and buffers will improve performance.

Do you use DNS-o-Matic?

If so, this was discussed in the beta thread and is apparently the expected behaviour...

But I must say, there are no discernible issues that I can see on the network. Computer is able to receive IPv6 address and network is working normally.
dnsmasq will eventually restart itself if it was crashed.

I'll think about reverting the latest security fix in a future release, however the fact that no one else seems to experience the same issue is suspicious.

flashed from beta 2 to 386.7 and my RT-AC5300 are running smoothly in the desert

It's expected behaviour with DNS-O-Matic. DNS-O-Matic can update multiple host names at once (by using all.dnsomatic.com as the host name). This used to result in "all.dnsomatic.com" being shown on the network map page. "all.dnsomatic.com" is an invalid host for reaching your router and probably the main reason it's not shown. "all.dnsomatic.com" also used to get transcribed into OpenVPN config files as the host name meaning that these had to be manually corrected to your chosen correct host (new behaviour inserts the current IP which also needs edited to a host name!!). The "new" behaviour (which is ONLY for DNS-O-Matic - using any other DDNS service on the DDNS page will show the host name on the network map page) shows "GO", which is a clickable link to the DNS-O-Matic login page where you can manage your host updates.

Last edited:
Smooth update from beta2 to 386.7 on AC86U. Thanks @RMerlin!

Could just be me: Beta1 to Beta2 eventually (maybe coincidentally) screwed up my JFFS (Skynet specifically wouldn't start), but I started fresh and re-did all my scripts and settings and all's good now. First time my endurance microSD card may have had a problem.

Out of curiosity and either poor googling or google not helping: what is the cferom component?

Yes my NTP is working since I have the right date and time in the "System history". Thanks, so I can ignore that. Otherwise everything works perfectly. Thanks to the developers.
Try again, they updated the signature to 2.302 today.

Hi all,
Am I the only one with fstab not being read?

It seems to me that when using "mount -a", it is

/rom/etc/fstab

and not

/etc/fstab

which is loaded.

Therefore, any entry put into /jffs/configs/fstab, copied at boot in /etc/fstab, is not used when using the mount command.

@RMerlin, is that possibly a bug?

I'm on RT-AX86U if that matters.

Last edited:
Hi All:

Upgraded AX86U to 386.7 fine using AX86U Download file.. However tried three times to upgrade the AX3000 using the AX56U Download to 386.7 and it will not upgrade. Says Firmware Upgrade Unsuccessful.

Any ideas to resolve this?

RT-AX86UCurrent Version : 386.7
Manual firmware update : Upload
AiMesh Node
RT-AX3000
Current Version : 386.5
You just need the AX58U (rather than the AX56U), I have an AX3000 too and upgrade worked fine, so should work for you as well.

Hi All:

Upgraded AX86U to 386.7 fine using AX86U Download file.. However tried three times to upgrade the AX3000 using the AX56U Download to 386.7 and it will not upgrade. Says Firmware Upgrade Unsuccessful.

Any ideas to resolve this?

RT-AX86UCurrent Version : 386.7
AiMesh Node
RT-AX3000
Current Version : 386.5

Welcome to the forums @gillybert.

You need to download the correct file for your router.

Asuswrt-Merlin - Browse /RT-AX3000 at SourceForge.net

Out of curiosity and either poor googling or google not helping: what is the cferom component?
It's the bootloader

Hi, I noticed something wrong with IPv6 page on my RT-AX86U after update to 386.7; indeed, when I was on 386.5_2 my IPv6 page looks like this:

1656098740152.png

Instead now with 386.7, I have:

1656099475275.png

Anyhow, my ISP provide me a 48 bit length IPv6 range of addresses; what I'm doing wrong right now? Why I stepped down from 48 to 64 bit?

Last edited:
Huh, 64 is bigger than 48... isn't it???

Dirty upgrade from 386.5_2 to 386.7 on an RT-AX86U (main router) and an RT-AX88U (mesh node), done recklessly in the middle of the day and my spouse didn't even seem to notice (whew!). Almost 20 hours in, everything is running as smoothly as silk. Thanks as always!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!