What's new

Release Asuswrt-Merlin 386.7 is now available for all models

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Status
Not open for further replies.
On 386.7_1-gcbedbbd5b0 on RT-AX86U, I turn off Open VPN as server, but there is no APPLY button when doing this and it doesn't actually turn it off.

On 386.7_1-gcbedbbd5b0 on RT-AX86U, I turn off Open VPN as server, but there is no APPLY button when doing this and it doesn't actually turn it off.
It's a fix that I implemented backward (never showing the buttons instead of always showing them), will be fixed for the next build.

So we are about 24 hours system is up and running and no issues popped up so far.
Now we got 2 days straight to check it up to the T.

Thank you @RMerlin

The new build with the older drivers has fixed my issues with 386.7 on the GT-AX11000. No more random disconnects or logs going crazy. Going on over 33 hrs now with no issues, before I couldn't get past 12-13 hrs post reboot without issues

Lol, it affected my logs too.
The Kernel logs I posted here previously were probably all about the WIFi drivers.
There was literally a flood of log with the newer wifi drivers.
With the old ones, it is all good and logs are not going crazy

Can someone verify that GT-AXE11000_386.7_beta2_cferom_pureubi is the new version with the OLD wireless drivers??

CC

Can someone verify that GT-AXE11000_386.7_beta2_cferom_pureubi is the new version with the OLD wireless drivers??

CC
No, it is not. You want 386.7_1-gcbedbbd5b0 in the Test builds directory.

Installed 386.7_1-gcbedbbd5b0 on my AC86U yesterday evening.

Now one 2.4 GHz device can no longer connect (while others on the same band do).

Will experiment after sunset (once my inverter is offline).

CC
There`s no change to the GT-AXE11000 wireless driver.

Now one 2.4 GHz device can no longer connect (while others on the same band do).
Idem, there's no change to the RT-AC86U wireless driver...

35+ hours now on 386.7_1-gcbedbbd5b0 RT-AX88u and wifi seems better then 386.7 (Feels like i get better range/signal strength)
Had no real issues on 386.7 all worked from what i could see here.
Thanks RMerlin :)

Onedrive link don't seem to be working?

Scratch that! Its up again :)

Works here.

Try another browser?

Pre-beta test builds (occasionally available, hosted on Onedrive)

The new build with the older drivers has fixed my issues with 386.7 on the GT-AX11000. No more random disconnects or logs going crazy. Going on over 33 hrs now with no issues, before I couldn't get past 12-13 hrs post reboot without issues
Same here...5G1 is back online. I will wait to enable IPV6 at this time though!

Last edited:
1658521062800.png

Don't forget your wireless connectivity is also managed by the SUN.

Having a weird issue on our AX88 I can't get my head around. Started recently, but I didn't change anything. Maybe someone else has an idea?

All of a sudden the internet connection drops. WiFi disconnects and can't get a IP address. After a reboot everything is back, which sounds like a memory issue.

Looking in the logs everything starts around the following error:
"failed to write /var/lib/misc/dnsmasq.leases: No space left on device"

After that the firewall errors out, tries to restart and fails and quickly after that everything deteriorates. Any idea what can cause this?

Having a weird issue on our AX88 I can't get my head around. Started recently, but I didn't change anything. Maybe someone else has an idea?

All of a sudden the internet connection drops. WiFi disconnects and can't get a IP address. After a reboot everything is back, which sounds like a memory issue.

Looking in the logs everything starts around the following error:
"failed to write /var/lib/misc/dnsmasq.leases: No space left on device"

After that the firewall errors out, tries to restart and fails and quickly after that everything deteriorates. Any idea what can cause this?
Did this only start happening after installing 386.7?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!