What's new

Release Asuswrt-Merlin 388.2 is now available for select models

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh yeah it's on my side for sure. Anyone know how to go back to AMTM defaults or something? I probably did something to mess this up but darned if I know what it is.
I had this issue this morning before the 388.2 release and it's unrelated.
I wiped the scripts and USB drives on 4 units and reformatted the JFFS.
Reinstalled fresh scripts.
Didn't change any settings on the router except wiping JFFS partition.

Dirty upgrade from Beta 2 on a AX88U Pro, a hard reboot, and everything is humming along. Skynet, Ad Guard Home, YazFi, Scribe and IOT devices all tested Sat. Thank you for all that you do @RMerlin ! I'm looking forward to when Asus releases the new GPL that includes baked in VLANS.

Screen Shot 2023-04-12 at 10.38.41 PM.png

I had this issue this morning before the 388.2 release and it's unrelated.
I wiped the scripts and USB drives on 4 units and reformatted the JFFS.
Reinstalled fresh scripts.
Didn't change any settings on the router except wiping JFFS partition.
Thanks brother, I'll give that a spin in the morning.

Dirty upgrade from 388.2_beta2 to 388.2 six hours ago, plus a subsequent re-boot after 30 mins elapsed time.
Running like a Swiss watch, with no faults found for me / my setup / this official 388.2 release
Thanks again @RMerlin

Dirty upgrade from Beta 2: everything is up and running! All IOTs are "back" and connected.
uptime.PNG

Many thanks to @RMerlin and to all beta-testers!

Morning update: 9:30 hrs uptime, so far, so good.
Only issue to be reffred: 80Mhz is solid here, 160Mhz was hard to achieve at first.
Now, it took some time to achieve it, but works so far.

I Let it rest on 80Mhz, now after 9 hrs or so, start to play with 160Mhz.
It works way better than before.
When it achieves 160Mhz, its not broken or in-stable.

Seems good and solid, will leave it as it is to settle, see how it works.

I upgraded my RT-AX88U, but the formware version shows still as 388.1?
I did try 3 times, with manual reboot (turn off/on power button).
Here are screenshots of the web UI and the checksum verification:
RT-AX88U formware version Web UI.png
RT-AX88U formware version.png

It's a pity that release 388.2 took place with a new and critical for me malfunction - just like in 388.2alpha2, beta1 and beta2, static entries in ARP do not work (die 3-10 minutes after they are created) in release 388.2. I wrote about this malfunction more than once in the discussion of beta versions of 388.2, and also two other people wrote about it there. Again returned to 388.2alpha1.

Last edited:
Reactions: Ole
You might need to unplug USB devices from the router and reboot it before the update.
That did the trick! Weird, I've never had to do unmount the USB device before.

Morning update: 9:30 hrs uptime, so far, so good.
Only issue to be reffred: 80Mhz is solid here, 160Mhz was hard to achieve at first.
Now, it took some time to achieve it, but works so far.

I Let it rest on 80Mhz, now after 9 hrs or so, start to play with 160Mhz.
It works way better than before.
When it achieves 160Mhz, its not broken or in-stable.

Seems good and solid, will leave it as it is to settle, see how it works.
It took 40min to degrade to 80Mhz, I'd guess that 160Mhz is not suitable here because of environmental conditions.

Keeping 80Mhz, thats bummer but, better stable than in-stable.
I can say 100% that in 80Mhz my network is stable like should be.

I'D guess that 160Mhz not suitable here, even though 36 CH is used in same way

Awesome thanks! Everything runs smooth except one thing;

Static PERM ARP entry gets removed after sometimes few seconds / few minutes. @RMerlin do you know what can be the cause of this? Its not happening in 388.2_alpha1.
I can checkout github and already build from source successfull... so was hoping maybe you can help me point out were to look?
Beside all this thanks! Really enjoying my new ax86u pro running opensource firmware :D

Cheers!!

Had some issues upgrading to 388.2. I dont know what happened but when I tried to send the upgrade file to router for it to update, it didnt give me the progress bar. I waited for about 5-10 minutes and suddenly all of my network went down. I thought it got the update done and its only rebooting but no. WebUI never came back up and no devices got internet. Had to reboot router and it was back in 388.2_beta2.

Gave a second try a chance and progress bar appeared right away and now running 388.2.

One thing to mention also. Diversion didnt load up as other scripts did. There was a update to do in AMTM.

For now everything is setup and running well. Will report in few days if there are any issues.

Upgraded from beta2 to 388.2 last night and it's been running fine since.

But this morning, I noticed the upgrade available "Bell" was flashing. I clicked on it out of curiosity and then on the "Upgrade available" button on the next screen and it loaded new SW onto my Aimesh node. Wasn't expecting that!

The node (AC86U) is now on 3.0.0.4.386_51529, up from 51525
Seems to be OK so far.

(Edit: forgot a word)

Hi everyone,
I'm very new to this, so sorry if my questions are redundant. (And i'm from the Netherlands, so sorry if my english is a bit wonky sometimes)
I have been researching about replacing the stock firmware of my Asus RT-AX92U with asuswrt-merlin. I couldn't find the right match for my AX92U, but since 388.2 is available for wifi 6 models, i figured this might be the one to work with. But i haven't seen a post from anyone using the 388.2 beta for this router, so i'm actually not sure if it would work.
It would be a huge help if someone could affirm this and maybe some tips/tricks/pointers that aren't included in posts.

Some information about my router(s):

- Currently running 3.0.0.4.388_22525-gd35b8fe
- 2 identical RT-AX92U's, using ai mesh with 5GHz backhaul (but looking to switch that for the cabled backhaul)

Also, quick shout out to this forum and community, i'm already loving this!

I don't find software for the ax92u so I think it is not supported.

Status
Not open for further replies.