What's new

AdGuardHome Asuswrt-Merlin-AdGuardHome-Installer (AMAGHI) cont.

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

When you get this line

AdGuardHome... dead.

Make sure you are staying inside the terminal until the process finishes. It should be returning to the installer menu at some point. If you are exiting the ssh session too soon then it might not be completing the configuration process 100 percent.
It doesn't finish, can be like that for hours until I kill it... As I see it it is waiting for the script to start it and since it never starts, also the install script never ends...

It doesn't finish, can be like that for hours until I kill it... As I see it it is waiting for the script to start it and since it never starts, also the install script never ends...
I am working on a fix on my end right now. The trouble seems it might be related to the binary being used for that specific model router. I currently don't have access to your model router, but I can devise something for you to test.

Wow, that is really something, thank you!

I remember this model RT-AX58U having problems also with dnscrypt... couldn't use it for a while before a worakournd was found.

Wow, that is really something, thank you!

I remember this model RT-AX58U having problems also with dnscrypt... couldn't use it for a while before a worakournd was found.
It has to do with GO binaries. The newer generation AX -arm routers have hardfloating capabilities, while alot of the older AC routers are using limited compiled binaries that would normally be compatible with either generation router. Right now I think it is time for me to try the ARMv7 binary for your router model specifically to see if it resolves the issue.

You can see on this git hub where I have been conversation about it with other users.

The problem comes in when using the older AC routers, the armv5 binary must be used since the armv7 binary requires hard floating to be supported by the CPU make

Hats off to your dedication and my deep bow... you are an angel.

Well, Somewhere over the rainbow, ah? Nomen est omen ;)

Hats off to your dedication and my deep bow... you are an angel.

Well, Somewhere over the rainbow, ah? Nomen est omen ;)
My biggest challenge is figuring out which ones of these
1663261927904.png

are using the newer CPU options.

I kinda already suspect the RT-AX56U RT-AX58U RT-AX3000, but what about the RT-AX86U, RT-AX86S, and RT-AX68U? @RMerlin

I wish I knew alittle more so I didnt feel like I was fishing in the dark here.

let me know if I can help with some terminal command or if I can look it up at hardware?
You can try the new version of the installer and see if it resolves your issue.

use the command in the terminal, skip trying to do it from amtm menu.

Code:
curl -L -s -k -O https://raw.githubusercontent.com/jumpsmm7/Asuswrt-Merlin-AdGuardHome-Installer/master/installer && sh installer

Also, if you have a chance, see if installing the beta or edge fixes the issue as well. There may be an issue with their "release" binaries. I am currently reviewing adguardhome developers changelog for any breaking changes.

Last edited:
ok, checking, the script is working, but it hanged on the "DNS Encironment ready" (wouldn't process further:

Info: Detected RT-AX58U router.
Info: Detected Linux platform.
Info: Detected ARMv7 architecture.
Info: JFFS custom scripts and configs are already enabled.
Info: DNS Environment is Ready.
... that's it it stayed like this for 10 minutes, then I've killed it...

Have exited amtm, rebooted rooter to see if there is any change... sorry, still the same error:

Sep 15 19:38:19 S99AdGuardHome[5236]: Warning: AdGuardHome is dead; Monitor will start it!
Sep 15 19:38:19 S99AdGuardHome[5236]: Started AdGuardHome from S99AdGuardHome[5236].
Sep 15 19:38:19 S99AdGuardHome[5236]: start_adguardhome took 0 second(s) to complete.

In AMTM I can see the version 1.5.7, while when entering ag it still says 1.5.6, but I guess this was not yet coded fully, but just for this case of RT-AX58U

It did install without the error to be honest, this "hang" is after it reload itself post install
well the hang is just a glitch. As long as everything is working you should be good to go. I still have a few kinks i have not been able to perfect yet, but i will get around to it at somepoint. as far as AMTM version check, it may be looking at the old installer copy it downloaded early on. if you want, re-run the installer using the link I gave you one more time just to make sure it runs through and updates everything.

ok, checking, the script is working, but it hanged on the "DNS Encironment ready" (wouldn't process further:

Info: Detected RT-AX58U router.
Info: Detected Linux platform.
Info: Detected ARMv7 architecture.
Info: JFFS custom scripts and configs are already enabled.
Info: DNS Environment is Ready.
... that's it it stayed like this for 10 minutes, then I've killed it...

Have exited amtm, rebooted rooter to see if there is any change... sorry, still the same error:

Sep 15 19:38:19 S99AdGuardHome[5236]: Warning: AdGuardHome is dead; Monitor will start it!
Sep 15 19:38:19 S99AdGuardHome[5236]: Started AdGuardHome from S99AdGuardHome[5236].
Sep 15 19:38:19 S99AdGuardHome[5236]: start_adguardhome took 0 second(s) to complete.

In AMTM I can see the version 1.5.7, while when entering ag it still says 1.5.6, but I guess this was not yet coded fully, but just for this case of RT-AX58U
Now that we figured out the culprit, the real question is where to go from here. I need to do alittle tweaking, but not having any of these newer model routers bites because i cannot get a real handle on what is actually working.

ok, was reinstalling AGH and it is again "dead" and waiting to be started.
webui cannot be accessed on my http://192.168.123.1:14711/, probably as AGH has not even started.

Look, it is not deadly important and can wait... I really didn't expect you'd work on this immediately, so take your time and eventually it would be resolved, I am sure. But for you it means a lot of work...

Let me know if you have donation page somewhere?
I am on the main donation sticky,

, But I don't expect anything. I plan to continue working on this.

I am not donating for what you will do for me, but for what you did and still do for community.
Please keep me updated on any further troubleshoot steps you try to take. I am not sure what may have broke this for your router. If you have time and don't mind investigating further you could try to redo your storage and AMTM, but I don't see how this could be the problem unless something was actually broken in your entware repository. Which I am not going to assume there is. I am currently setting up a couple of different routers to see if I can replicate the problem myself.

I am not donating for what you will do for me, but for what you did and still do for community.
I am curious if you are able to get adguardhome running using the manual guide I wrote.

It might atleast tell us if the issue is the adguardhome binary.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!