What's new

Asuswrt Merlin - Rt-ac68u (TMO AC1900) Network cable unplugged

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Green Zelly

New Around Here
Hi all,
need some help...I am really stuck. Did detailed search on forums but no relevant content for my situation.

I have T-Mobile Ac1900, I upgraded and flashed to AC-68U couple of years back with version 380.69. I am on Comcast with my on modem - Everything was working fine till last week......The Router just stopped.
It started showing network cable unplugged error page.

Here the steps I did to resolve.
  • restarted the router
  • replaced network cable
  • cleared NVRAM
  • reset the router
  • flashed DD-wrt
  • reverted back to Asuswrt-Merlin lastest version
  • tried various config's suggested on other threads in these forums....such as listing open DNS server IP's etc
none of the above worked.

I did notice that if i leave the router connected to modem.......after 8-10min or so i see the network LED flashing red on modem, so modem seems to be getting some hits from router but no webtraffic.

At this point I am stuck not sure what else to do....Please help

Hi all,
need some help...I am really stuck. Did detailed search on forums but no relevant content for my situation.

I have T-Mobile Ac1900, I upgraded and flashed to AC-68U couple of years back with version 380.69. I am on Comcast with my on modem - Everything was working fine till last week......The Router just stopped.
It started showing network cable unplugged error page.

Here the steps I did to resolve.
  • restarted the router
  • replaced network cable
  • cleared NVRAM
  • reset the router
  • flashed DD-wrt
  • reverted back to Asuswrt-Merlin lastest version
  • tried various config's suggested on other threads in these forums....such as listing open DNS server IP's etc
none of the above worked.

I did notice that if i leave the router connected to modem.......after 8-10min or so i see the network LED flashing red on modem, so modem seems to be getting some hits from router but no webtraffic.

At this point I am stuck not sure what else to do....Please help
Ask on a forum where that particular model is supported. It isn't here: https://www.snbforums.com/threads/the-tm-ac1900-is-not-supported.48056/

Please read the sticky posts, you won't find any support help here for converted T-M routers.

If you have Merlin on that router, it is doubtful you will get any help here. Merlin is illegal to use on that router due to various licensing issues.

Thanks everyone, I did remove Merlin from the router and flashed with Asuswrt latest firmware...that didn't help either :(:(.
As you suggested the router might be toast but I still see traffic from it but can't access it.
Also I am not able to get to CFE page even tried multiple rest options ...

Thanks everyone, I did remove Merlin from the router and flashed with Asuswrt latest firmware...that didn't help either :(:(.
As you suggested the router might be toast but I still see traffic from it but can't access it.
Also I am not able to get to CFE page even tried multiple rest options ...
Yeah, it's really not supposed to have Asuswrt firmware either. So still no help here. Throw Tmo firmware back on it if you really want to test, but I'm guessing you got your moneys worth out of it, so buy something new. Sweetspot still seems to be a ac86u, IMHO.

Status
Not open for further replies.