What's new

Asuswrt-Merlin VPN Connection Status

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Shabago

New Around Here
I have the RT-AC68U updated to the latest firmware 386.2_4, I have configured and started my Open VPN and it is stuck saying connecting, I have reinstalled the vpn configuration file a number of times and cant find whats wrong why isn't it connecting?

Attachments

• Screenshot 2021-05-12 at 10.48.13.png
    Screenshot 2021-05-12 at 10.48.13.png
    216.2 KB · Views: 114
  • Screenshot 2021-05-12 at 10.49.05.png
    Screenshot 2021-05-12 at 10.49.05.png
    95 KB · Views: 102
I have the RT-AC68U updated to the latest firmware 386.2_4, I have configured and started my Open VPN and it is stuck saying connecting, I have reinstalled the vpn configuration file a number of times and cant find whats wrong why isn't it connecting?

Hi, was it working before firmware update or is this the first time setup? I would suggest to check the syslog for further detail.

Check your System Log, it will tell you what's wrong.

My RT-AX-86U router has the same issue. I have 386.2_4 installed. I'm using NordVPN and NextDNS. Sometimes the router hangs out of being able to connect to NordVPN. I am sending a copy of the System Log.

It cannot connect due to authentication failure. Perhaps you can check if there is any typo in your login credential.

Code:
[LIST=1]
[*]16:44:25 ovpn-client2[2950]: AUTH: Received control message: AUTH_FAILED
[*]16:44:25 ovpn-client2[2950]: SIGTERM[soft,auth-failure] received, process exiting
[/LIST]

I do not think it's an error when entering the credentials. After turning VPN access on and off several times, the router ends up logging in. I think there is something that interferes with the validation of the credentials, but I don't know what it is ... I have noticed that this usually happens after resetting the router.

I do not think it's an error when entering the credentials. After turning VPN access on and off several times, the router ends up logging in. I think there is something that interferes with the validation of the credentials, but I don't know what it is ... I have noticed that this usually happens after resetting the router.
Since you are able to connect after few attempts then It cannot be typo. I see you are using NordVPN. Next time if you encounter this you can try to connect using your phone apps and see if you are able to connect. It might be on the server side. I am also using NordVPN. The last time I get authentication error on the router, I was not able to connect by phone apps too.