What's new

AsusWRT Merlin with Asus Lyra Trio Mesh

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

4integration

New Around Here
Hi,

I am trying to get a grip on my WiFi Mesh and have the following situation:

1 pcs main router with internet connection using Asus RT-AC66U B1 (AC-1750) with latest firmware AsusWRT-Merlin 386.1_2
2 pcs Asus Lyra Trio AiMesh nodes

I would like to add the 2 Asus Lyra Trio's nodes as AiMesh nodes to the main router, but doesn't succeed.
I have tried different ways; only WiFi, cable to either LAN and WAN/LAN to the main router but can not establish a connection. They have been resetted.

Any idea on how to get them connected?

Well i am exactly in your shoes right now. But finally succeeded. You should either use the web interface or the app but not both. You need to use the cable to connect the wan port (furthest from the power) of your lyra to the lan's router port. Bear in mind that Lyra setup is rather slow so you have to have patience. Please update your thread if you need more guidance

Here I'll start a guide:
First and foremost I plugged in Lyra's both the power cord in the power port and the wan port. It takes a while for Lyra to boot and to reach normal status which for configuration is white.
After the light turns from all colors to white, start the web interface or the app( I prefer the latter) but NOT both at the same time!
Login into your network and press the Ai Nodes icon in either cases.
It should detect your Lyra within a minute and after it is detected add it as a node. Select how you're going to call it and let it take its course. Please bear in mind that the light turns first into flashing white then flashing green, green and all colors while it reboots. Idk the exact order but the app/web interface should let you know while the process is complete. The light of your lyra should now be light blue.

Thanks for your replies @MoonFire but I have a few questions.

* With WebUI and App - I assume you mean to the main Asus Router (primary node) and not Asus Lyra App?
* WAN port and you say "furthest from the power" I suspect you have another Asus Lyra model than "Trio"? (see image below of Trio)
* What is your Asus model of primary node? RT-AC66U B1 or another?

1614072618957.png

Thanks for your replies @MoonFire but I have a few questions.

* With WebUI and App - I assume you mean to the main Asus Router (primary node) and not Asus Lyra App?
* WAN port and you say "furthest from the power" I suspect you have another Asus Lyra model than "Trio"? (see image below of Trio)
* What is your Asus model of primary node? RT-AC66U B1 or another?

View attachment 31127
By web app I mean the Asus gui, the one accessed with a browser.
I found Lyra app redundant/useless for this configuration.
I love the Asus Router app (android) it's very easy to use.
I added the other nodes too and it went without a breeze mind you the Lyra is slow to boot and to respond so patience is needed.
A few observations: last night I added the main Lyra unit using an ethernet cable while this morning I added the other two via the Asus app without the cable. It went really easy both ways so I don't think it will be necessary to use the cable for the first node. I might be wrong though since I haven't tested it.
Yes, you are right: the Wan port is the closest to the power connector. But as shown above it is redundant. You should try to add the Lyra to the aimesh.
Bear in mind that the Lyra's color must be white. If it's red purple orange I think it's best to reset the unit and wait for it to reboot and turn white and then to start adding the node to the mesh.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210223-102348.jpg
    Screenshot_20210223-102348.jpg
    45.4 KB · Views: 214
  • Screenshot_20210223-080812.jpg
    Screenshot_20210223-080812.jpg
    44.7 KB · Views: 227
  • Screenshot_20210223-110230.jpg
    Screenshot_20210223-110230.jpg
    38.6 KB · Views: 216

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!