What's new

ASUSWRT simulateneous VPN Client and VPN Server

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

gillespie

New Around Here
Hi all,

I am trying to setup my home network (using a DSL-AC68U) so that all internal traffic goes out through an external VPN server (VPN Client mode), but also gives me the ability to connect to my home network through the router from outside the home (VPN Server mode). Both pieces work fine independently, but when I try both together I can't connect to the VPN server from outside. I also tried using a VPN server on my home server (both OpenVPN and Wireguard) and forwarding the ports through the router, but the VPN traffic never hits my server when the "VPN Client" mode is active.

Any advice/suggestions would be greatly appreciated - thanks!

P.s. I'm trying to avoid using a custom firmware, because I have the DSL version rather than the RT version, which seems to be much more poorly supported.

Without third-party firmware (I believe your router does offer that option, https://github.com/gnuton ), using PBR to solve it isn't an option.

P.s. I'm trying to avoid using a custom firmware, because I have the DSL version rather than the RT version, which seems to be much more poorly supported.