What's new

AX-11000 2.4 Band Gone

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

@Smokie if a full M&M Config (and ideally a Nuclear Reset too) doesn't address these issues, it would indicate a hardware issue to me.

Are you within the return window? Or, is the warranty still covering it?

It was delivered by Amazon on the 6th April. Do you think going back to Amazon or get in contact with Asus? The last thing I want is to have to go back to my ISP provided router for the next few weeks. By the time I send it back and get a replacement it could be weeks.

It stutters on WiFi and wired to the router. When I had the RT-AC5300 and I was trying to max it out under load I loaded a 4k video on every device I could over WiFi and there was never a issue. I'll try again tomorrow just incase it was something not related to my setup
Google really are messing up YouTube at the moment, when did you do the test on the RT-AC5300? Do you still have it? If yes can you try it to see if the problem goes away. If it does then at least we can prove it's definitely a problem with the GT-AX11000.

Google really are messing up YouTube at the moment, when did you do the test on the RT-AC5300? Do you still have it? If yes can you try it to see if the problem goes away. If it does then at least we can prove it's definitely a problem with the GT-AX11000.

I don't have the RT-AC5300 any longer, I would of been doing the tests about 6 months ago. I went from the 5300 to the unifi dream machine and then to the AX11000

I don't have the RT-AC5300 any longer, I would of been doing the tests about 6 months ago. I went from the 5300 to the unifi dream machine and then to the AX11000
Is the device that is stuttering Windows or MacOS?

So I just noticed on the windows 10 laptop the video appeared to load a little bit ahead but then still stopped even though it looked like then next 3-4 mins had loaded. Youtube problem maybe???

So I just noticed on the windows 10 laptop the video appeared to load a little bit ahead but then still stopped even though it looked like then next 3-4 mins had loaded. Youtube problem maybe???
Which browser are you using?

It was delivered by Amazon on the 6th April. Do you think going back to Amazon or get in contact with Asus? The last thing I want is to have to go back to my ISP provided router for the next few weeks. By the time I send it back and get a replacement it could be weeks.

I purchased a rt-ax88u from amazon and had to rma it within a week after purchase. I called amazon told them my issues and they put in a conference call with asus. After some back and forth between myself and asus I strongly suggested an RMA which asus and amazon agreed to. I also insisted a cross shipment so I would not be w/o a router. I suggest you call amazon and let them know from the beginning the router is NEW and has issues and want to have it replaced.

Chrome... I tried my Macbook Pro and it seemed to go OK. Tried my samsung 4k tv and one video stuttered while another seemed OK. I will try again later on all my devices and see what happens.

I purchased a rt-ax88u from amazon and had to rma it within a week after purchase. I called amazon told them my issues and they put in a conference call with asus. After some back and forth between myself and asus I strongly suggested an RMA which asus and amazon agreed to. I also insisted a cross shipment so I would not be w/o a router. I suggest you call amazon and let them know from the beginning the router is NEW and has issues and want to have it replaced.

That sounds good to me. So you called them? I'll give that a shot and see where it gets me.

That sounds good to me. So you called them? I'll give that a shot and see where it gets me.
Yes I called amazon directly. There was push back to rma it but I was firm. Asus wanted the usual firedrill tests which I said I already did and that I did not want to waste more time and to just rma it.
I had to push that it was a new router and wanted to rma it.

Agreed with the posters above to return the router now. Get a good/working model and better yet, one with RMerlin support. :)

Agreed with the posters above to return the router now. Get a good/working model and better yet, one with RMerlin support. :)

I know Merlin doesnt support the ROG ones but what can you suggest that is as good "Technically"

The RT-AX88U would be my top choice today particularly for a fast ISP service (Fibre) if the range, throughput, and lower RAM and half the cores of the RT-AC86U don't satisfy the WiFi and script performance requirements in your environment. :)

Last edited:
Triband is my main reason for purchasing this one, Range aswell as I have a 3 story home and a lot of devices.
I am currently on the phone with Amazon and they are trying to contact asus warranty dept so I will see how things go and update.

Asus are saying they can not RMA it and it has to be handled by Amazon.

Just got a refund Gift card from Amazon to purchase a new one. Once it arrives I can send back the faulty one.

Just got a refund Gift card from Amazon to purchase a new one. Once it arrives I can send back the faulty one.
What amazon did for me was to issue a new one with $0 cost as long as I returned the faulty one within 30 days.
I am glad it worked out for you.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!